What's new

Gröna Lund | Monster | B&M Invert | 2021

Finncoaster

Roller Poster
I just had my first ever visit at Gröna Lund on Monday and Monster is such a good and fun ride! Definitely one of my favourite out there. Park was also nicely decorated and had great atmosphere during their Halloween event.

Got some footage too with my GoPro:

Last edited:

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I just had my first ever visit at Gröna Lund on Monday and Monster is such a good and fun ride! Definately one of my favourite out there. Park was also nicely decorated and had great atmosphere during their Halloween event.

Got some footage too with my GoPro:

Great video!

I also love how Gröna Lund is able to dispatch trains with no stacking at all. Brilliant ops on that video. A lot of parks should take note...

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
Rode Monster last week and it was great - third best of the B&M Inverts I've ridden behind Nemesis and Montu. Short layout but it has some of that old-school B&M intensity and the airtime hill was an amazing surprise
Oh, that is some great news. I want to ride Monster for the first time in august. And both Nemesis and Montu are my favorite B&M inverts too.

Dar

Hyper Poster
It's such a silly ride to see up close! The supports are just silly, the weird little cut-outs in walls and door frames for supports are silly, the downhill brakes are just silly! I would have loved to be a fly on the wall as the park pitched the idea to B&M :p

The first drop has a really nice twist, really feels like you're going to go further over the water before you're pulled round to the ground. The rest of the layout is really fun, the tunnel next to the restaurant into the airtime(?!) hill sticks in my mind as a particularly cool section

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Yeah, the whole thing is just ridiculous - it has no business fitting into the space it occupies! The airtime hill after that tunnel has to be one of the biggest WTF moments I can recall in my recent history of coaster riding.