What's new

Gröna Lund | Monster | B&M Invert | 2021

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
We also seem to have reverted back to old school restraints, interesting.

It has some great foot choppers and close calls!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
With a slightly modified first section (drop and Immelmann particularly, zero-g would probably be fine), I almost think this would be better as a flyer.

I love it, but it feels odd.
Really good point - the pacing definitely meanders and feels more suited for a flyer.

Sorry if I missed it, did we ever get a proper reason for why the final corkscrew was removed?

opivy028

Mega Poster
Really good point - the pacing definitely meanders and feels more suited for a flyer.

Sorry if I missed it, did we ever get a proper reason for why the final corkscrew was removed?

Ehhhh. I'd wait to see it running in real life; the virtual recreations are cool but they never quite capture the speed/acceleration/pacing all that accurately in my experience. This one seemed particularly slow in a way that I perceive doesn't match the real life physics of how this thing will run.

MatthijsFB15

Roller Poster
http://instagr.am/p/CIm7AApnt4l/
First teaser on social media of Grona Lund with the intended opening date, April 24, 2021. But to make that possible they must finally get permission to open, after a year where they have not been able to open.

Their introduction of Monster on their site:

Get ready for Gröna Lund's coolest roller coaster ever! Monster - King of Roller coasters premieres in the spring of 2021. Do you dare take this monstrous ride?
Three long years of waiting are over. On April 24 Gröna Lund will open its greatest attraction to date! Step down into the underground, 20 meters below ground, and shoot up into the air. During the ride, you will fly at a speed of 90 km/h, be 34 meters up in the air and be exposed to as much as 4.5 G forces - all the while hanging under the track with your legs dangling in the air!
The ride offers many cool coaster experiences that no other ride on Gröna Lund can match. Among other things, you will be upside down four times during the ride and be in a weightless state several times. This is a ride you simply do not want to miss!

Quick Facts
  • Preliminary premiere
    April 2021
  • Max height
    34 m
  • Max speed
    90 km/h
  • Manufacturer
    Bolliger & Mabillard

Last edited:

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Looks slow

Take the Layout of the Batman clones, for example. Halfway through, there is a slow section high up, before diving back down again.

I think a lot of enthusiasts sit and home and watch videos, and we forget how much fun a simple turn can be!

I think a great example of this is pre-lifts. Seemingly boring on video, but so amazing in real life! I think a great pre-lift serves as almost an Hors d'oeuvre. There's certainly ride that go directly into the lift, and they are just as amazing. But I think the pre-lift, while not better, changes the "story" of the ride and can be really exciting, if well integrated!