What's new

Goodbye Superbowl (PBB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Nash was running 'ok' in the summer, but the loading times now are ridiculous with them bloody hydraulic brakes!

And I dont get why there's all this hatred for them bloody fountains? Its not like a ride was removed to make way for them, and its not like a ride could have been placed where they are.

Though I suppose the way they're marketed is a bit odd, apparently the fountains are a 'free attraction' with your Pleasure Beach Pass..!

Brookes

Giga Poster
^I agree it is a bit weird how they are apparently included with a Pleasure Beach Pass, but they are incredibly popular and it is always packed around there. I think they are pretty good anyway and it's always funny when there is some kid who's drenched.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Not a ride at all. :p

Unlike previous years, they arent letting anyone see what they are doing, I've had two trips up there recently and spoke to workmen, but been told that photos are 100% not allowed.

I know its not a new ride though, I dont even know if they are using any of the space for a fountain yet. It is certainly going to be a 'gardens' of some sort.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
It wont be just a fountain, like I say, I am not totally sure what the plan is with that space.

It will not be a new ride though, thats one thing I am sure about.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Are you sure someone's not telling you porkies Scott? :p

If its just going to be a garden of some sort, why would pics be 100% not allowed?

They know what all the PB goons are like up their, so I wouldn't it a surprise if they were to take the piss at you.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I dont get why you're not allowed to take pics if its just some sort of garden.

I think they're taking the mick at you somehow. You just need to figure out how.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Maybe they just dont want people taking photos of them while they are working, afterall the workmen dont want photos of them doing there daily job sticking up on the internet for everyone to see.

I will get photos of that area whenever its possible.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Different workmen and it was 3/4 years ago?

I am not too worried anyway, its not like we are missing out a major update of a new ride or something.

When it is possible to get photos I'll go and get some, but for now its not that important.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I very much doubt that Ben.

Those who dont really take much interest in the Pleasure Beach are always quick to put it down and find it an easy target because they dont always agree with the owners.

The fans of the park are somewhat more realistic and have come to understand some of the decisions which have been made over recent years.

Pleasure Beach are now owned by a rich company with a massive financial backing, we are in a deep recession, hence Pleasure Beach's careful spending rather than gambling away millions of money on attractions which will not guarantee any more income.

As I've said in the past, Pleasure Beach is sat in the middle of one the best resort's in the country, it does not need to throw in new rides every year to attract people, 2009 proves that.

I dont know why I even bother replying half the time because the people who are always quick to slate Pleasure Beach know very little about the park.

Ben

CF Legend
OK...

You enjoy your second year in a row getting a fountain to fill the gap since your last second hand SLC, I'll go to Alton and ride a *new ride* (and it's ACTUALLY new) and we'll both be happy!

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I will enjoy it. I would much rather spend a day at Pleasure Beach than Alton Towers, no disrespect to towers, but I prefer Pleasure Beach, always have done, including when I worked at towers.

I couldnt really give a toss about SW6 or whatever its called either..

Status
Not open for further replies.