What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
The Darkness did split up years ago but this is they're reforming for Download.

Well, they'll probably play a show or two before (is what normally happens) but still, a band I haven't seen before that I never thought I'd see!

RCF

Strata Poster
Going to see Avenged Sevenfold with Three Days Grace, Sevendust, and Bullet for My Valentine in May! :D :D :D :D :D :D

tomahawk

Strata Poster
RCF said:
Going to see Avenged Sevenfold with Three Days Grace, Sevendust, and Bullet for My Valentine in May! :D :D :D :D :D :D

It's not both Sevendust AND Bullet for My Valentine, they switch off mid tour. Depending on the date of where you are seeing them its one or the other. I'm seeing that tour back to back days, once in Wichita and once in Iowa. Iowa they are at a festival so Stone Sour and a few other bands are there, but Sevendust isn't playing those shows.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
I wish BMTH and Hollywood Undead would stop being on Download's schedule. Ugh. And Plain White T's? Seriously?! **** like that belongs at Reading/Leeds.

But other than that the line-up looks pretty epic this year, especially with BFMV, KoRn, Disturbed and Rob Zombie . It's nice to see that Funeral For A Friend are quite high up on the list as opposed to being down at the bottom with all the smaller bands. Guess they're finally getting the recognition they deserve.

Alice Cooper will no doubt put on another theatrically spectacular show again as usual.

Damn, I've been saying this every year since 2006, but I NEED to get to Download...

BloodStock and Sonisphere are other festivals I'd like to go to. Maybe next year...(Huzzah for having a job!)

Will

Strata Poster
Enigma Shadow said:
I wish BMTH and Hollywood Undead would stop being on Download's schedule. Ugh. And Plain White T's? Seriously?! **** like that belongs at Reading/Leeds.
****ing hell...

But yeah, Sonisphere's tempting this year - as was High Voltage until I realised Dream Theater were playing intimate gigs for the two nights before which I could do more cheaply. I really ****ing want to see Opeth, but they're making it hard for me.

Tonight though, I'm seeing Symphony X with Power Quest in Wolverhampton - hoping for lots from Paradise Lost (Eve of Seduction!!), because I'm not all that familiar with their early, proggier material.
And then, to round off a week of sunshine and power metal, Sonata Arctica on Friday. Apparently they covered Fade to Black in Glasgow the other night, but I reckon you'll be able to hear me in Enfield if that happens again!!

davidm

Strata Poster
Re:

Roger Waters does "The Wall" ; just got (presales) tickets for the one Manchester gig (in almost 12 months time)!!!

I went to Berlin in 1990 to see this, so its nice that I can just get the Metrolink this time (rather than having to spend several days on a bus travelling across Europe!)

(almost) 12 months later, just got back from this. Rather splendid indeed.

(and I'm going back again tomorrow night :) )

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I saw Sufjan Stevens on Thursday, and my god that guy can put on a show! He mixed crazy electronic beats with brass and folk songs, with a mad screen in the background and foreground that created an almost 3d effect of flying through space with additional balloons and confetti. He also finished with an epic 25minute long song, which usually would bore me, but it was so fantastic. Aw I couldn't beleive my eyes and my ears for the 2 and a half hour set. Wanna go again!

ruthlessimg_sufjanstevens-1.jpg

davidm

Strata Poster
Re: Re:

david morton said:
(and I'm going back again tomorrow night :) )

Hurrah, its now "tomorrow night", took a couple of snaps tonight, just at the beginning, the middle and end.

In The Flesh

Intermission

Outside The Wall

Gig was rather splendid (again!).

Last night I was about a dozen rows from the wall itself, but on the lower tier at the right hand side so got a good view of the stage 'n' stuff, but a somewhat angled view of all the projection malarky. Tonight (as you can tell from the pics) I was front and almost centre, but on the tier at the back of the arena - excellent view of the projections; and a somewhat different experience.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
One of my friends is performing at some comedy club in Birmingham this weekend, so I'm going to that because I've got free tickets. There's a few different comedians on as well (no idea who they are to be honest - seem like the sort that pop up on various panel shows), so who knows. Anyway: haven't seen my friends in Birmingham in a while + haven't seen the friend who's performing for a year or so + free = **** it, might as well.

Kebab

Giga Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4ids4rOegI[/youtube]
^I'm seeing these guys in July! They're a great band and I can see them putting on a really good show, they have been slipping recently however, and everyones curious about their new drummer 'Mike Mangini' and if he lives up to Portnoys Godly powers! He seems a really nice chap though, quite a laugh.

I'm excited! :p

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Urgh I know its really last minute, but I have 2 tickets for Foo Fighters tomorrow at MK Bowl.

Been seriously **** over by my friend who wanted them, I'm still going so I can meet you there or if you live nearby I can drop them off tonight. £80 for the pair (thats less than face value)

Here's hoping....

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Were you able to sell the tix? How was the show? The kid & I are going to see them in September. :--D

I'm taking him to his first concert tonight. We're going to see Coheed And Cambria open for Soundgarden. Should be a great show, but I have no idea what he'll think of it.

walker1104

Mega Poster
I went to Sonisphere festival over the weekend. Metallica, Biffy Clyro and Slipknot headlined.

Metallica were amazing! It was great to see them again and I was much closer than the last time. Biffy really surprised me. I'd never really listened to them before, other than the obvious ones that get played on the radio, but they actually played really well. Especially seen as though they didn't really fit in with the majority of the acts and the other headliners. Then Slipknot was a great end to the festival. The crowd were pretty emotional following Paul Greys death, but they played really well.

Bill Bailey was a personal highlight for me too. I loved it. He did a few song covers, such as Gary Numan's Cars, but in french and other random things like that. Had a great weekend.

ECG, I hope you enjoy Coheed and Cambria. I saw them a couple of years back at Sonisphere festival. They ended up playing on a much smaller stage than they should have done due to arriving late and missing their slot. So it was an epic set. Have fun!