What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

nealbie

CF Legend
walker1104 said:
I’m going to see Bullet for my Valentine on the 8th December in Manchester. They’re supported by Atreyu and Bring me the Horizon also. So it's going to be an awesome gig!

Except for the fact that it's on my mum's birthday and we were all supposed to be going out for it…

That sounds like a BUNDLE full of joy! :roll:

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Had 36 Crazyfists on Monday, Alexisonfire yesterday, Zebrahead tonight, The Gaslight Anthem on Tuesday and Deftones on Friday!

I love living next to Rock City.

Will

Strata Poster
walker1104 said:
I’m going to see Bullet for my Valentine on the 8th December in Manchester. They’re supported by Atreyu and Bring me the Horizon also. So it's going to be an awesome gig!
Aside from the rather unpleasant Bring Me The Horizon thing, I'm really looking forward to the London leg of this - I've not seen either band since 2006/7, and both have released something impressive since which, as my sig banner rather suggests, have gone on to form part of the soundtrack to this year, thus it's nice to round off my concert year with them, should be an energetic night to say the least :) I'm hoping Atreyu moreorless ignore their last 2 albums, and recent setlists suggest I might get lucky - as for Bullet, I'm happy as long as they steer clear of RAGE inducing ballads :)

Oh, and tickets for Iron Maiden's first UK arena tour since late 2006 go on sale on Saturday, and I shall be grabbing one for at least two dates, possibly more with the risk of this being the last, but also because their new material will be awesome live to say the least. Joy, is not a strong enough word on this occasion. :--D :--D

walker1104

Mega Poster
^ Yeah to be honest, I'm not too fussed about Bring Me Them Horizon either. Atreyu's last album wasnt too great, Lonely and Bleeding is a Luxury are good tracks. But I didn't actually mind Lead Sails And A Paper Anchor.

And I too am hoping to grab tickets to the Sheffield leg of the Maiden tour next year. Should be good!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Going to see Avenged Sevenfold with Hollywood Undead and Stone Sour in February. Two months away from tomorrow. I will have the best seats in the house, back stage! Happy birthday to me...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Just to echo what Ed has already said:

OHMY **** INGGOD!!!!!!!

Jenelle Monae was **** ing incredible! Yeah, so I was going in with high expectations anyway, but she totally blew me away. This woman should be **** ing huge, but I'm sort of glad that she isn't yet.

Already got tickets to see her again in February.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I went to see Ani DiFranco on Monday.

I was really into her in the late '90s, but haven't really been following her much since then. Anyway, she was excellent! Just a small venue, with just her and a guitar, but that really suits her style of music anyway. She sounded great, had a good mix of old and new material and great banter with the audience.

The audience were quite rude in parts though. Basically, she has a huge lesbo following as she's openly bisexual (as in, one of the few actual bisexuals that doesn't use it as a stepping stone to full-on dykedom), but she's been married (to a bloke) with a kid for a few years now.

Basically, when she got all political and pro-abortion, or sang about her relationships with women, the mainly lesbian crowd went mental, but if she mentioned/sang about her husband and kid, she was met with stony silence.

Stupid, millitant, hairy-armpitted, wife-beater-wearing dykes.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ You fags should have counteracted it by "ooo-ing" when she sang about her husband and child. You could have pretended it was Elton John singing about his partner and kid.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Janelle Monae again on Friday. **** ing AMAZING as well. I MADE a couple of friends who didn't know her come with me and they were blown away by her.

It was the exact same show as Manchester a couple of months ago, but it really didn't matter; she's so **** ing good live it's unreal.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
Just saw a band called "Disciple" it was maybe the nicest venue I've been to!!! I also got hit in the face for the first time in a mosh pit!!! :p

Kebab

Giga Poster
^Ha nice one! :)

Your next goal is to drown in your own beer, slip on it, and get trampled on... That hurts trust me :( Damn Surrender the Coast! Good band though! I recommend them if you're into metal!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Me too!

I've been wanting to see her for YEARS, but time and place never worked out. This show sounds amazing.

I'm going to see Marina Abramovic the night before as well. She's a performance artist I was really into at uni and wrote essays on, but never actually seen her. Going to be a great weekend!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Download+Festival+2011+poster2011.jpg

Looking forward to this bad boy. Leeds/ Reading announced on Monday too.

peep

CF Legend
^There are quite a lot of bands on there that I would love to see (in some cases not for the first time). One thing puzzles me...The Darkness? I thought they split a couple years back?