What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

peep

CF Legend
gavin said:
^Good!

I swear 90% of people at gigs/concerts these days really don't appreciate them as they're too busy watching them through a **** ing 3" screen.

I totally agree with this. Why not just sit/stand/dance there and appreciate the performance? If you stand there watching it through the screen on your mobile/camera it just seems like a waste, might as well just wait until the DVD is released, it'll be the same experience in the end.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
gavin said:
Anyway, Tori Amos on Friday was amazing. She's been one of my favourite singers since I was about 13, and she still blows me away.

Still loathing you...

gavin said:
She did about 25 songs, with a really good mix of stuff from the new album with plenty of older songs as well, including three of my favourites: Precious Things, Spark and Siren.
Love her.

Precious Things is probably one of my favourite ever songs, but I've often wondered if it's me being a bit odd, I tend to like slightly less obvious stuff. So it's good to know that not only another person likes it, but that Tori likes it enough to play live too :)

Spark is pretty awesome too. I don't think I know Siren, later album which I've not listened to enough?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^It's not actually on any of her albums. It's from the soundtrack to Great Expectations (Gwyneth Paltrow film version from the '90s), but it seems that she's been singing it live quite a bit over the last couple of years. Excellent really considering few people would even know it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aD4egZFxw8[/youtube]

tks

Strata Poster
Went to see Will Young tonight. He did a lot of his new new stuff which is pretty awesome and a couple of older hits.

He's so **** sexy it's unreal.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Brand New are playing next february in Birmingham. They look fantastic on live videos, I really wanna go! Hm, who to bug for a Christmas present eh. :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLa4YOgbn5M&feature=related[/youtube]

davidm

Strata Poster
Just seen a corporate gig by Matchbox20 at the IT conference I'm at in Vegas ; although rather middle of the road and bland/dull (ideal for a corporate gig of IT peeps), was actually OK. I felt sure I would recognise at least one of their songs, alas I was mistaken. The dull/bland IT peep audience seemed to like it and the open bar certainly helped the experience.

Although as far as corporate gigs go this was a bit low-key ; Metallica did the Dreamforce (Salesforce.com) show a couple of months ago and I was talking to someone last night who had been to a VMWare conference and The Killers were taking the company dime at that one. :-(

Kebab

Giga Poster
Finally get to see Lights live next february! She's gorgeous, talented and her album Siberia is the best pop album I've ever heard, seriously!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy0sv3UM544&feature=related[/youtube]

tks

Strata Poster
MADONNA WITH GAVIN AND AJ IN EDINBURGH. JULY 21ST.
all credit to Gavin for getting the tickets <3333

madonna3.jpg

Mark

Strata Poster
^noice. Very Jealous. Hope you guys have a good time. I know you will. She is freakin awesome live!

peep

CF Legend
Saw Modestep earlier tonight. It was part of this Bands to watch type thing HMV are doing all this month. The two DJ sets before they came out were a bit lame, just too repetitive. But OMG Modestep were absolutely amazing. The gig was in Heaven underneath Charing Cross station and I'm not joking at one point 80% of the floor was a mosh pit, I've never seen one get so big, absolutely nuts.

They did some epic covers/remixes and were generally awesome. Speakers were a bit too loud though, bass actually shook my body, will now be deaf for a couple of days.

tks

Strata Poster
So i totally bought KYLIE MINOGUE tickets today for her anti-tour. THIS SUNDAY. Shortest time between announcing a gig and the actual date surely??

Very very excited. Time to buff up on my b-sides and rare Kylie songs :D

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Kylie this Sunday - small venue. So excluse <3

Cher Lloyd (hate myself, but should be fab) the Friday after.

Marina and the Diamonds in May, in Manchester Cathedral <3

Madonna in July.

FABULOSITY

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
furie said:
Mysterious Sue said:
Ohh I just saw Aussie Floyd in Hammersmith on Saturday. They were on top form.

As good as the real Pink Floyd?

They have played for the real Pink Floyd. If you closed your eyes it would be very hard to tell them apart from the real Pink Floyd. The best tribute band in the world!