What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Will

Strata Poster
Nightwish are playing at Liseberg tonight. Obviously I'm not there, which means I'm sulking... a tiny bit.
For those who don't know, their new Imaginaerum album is centred in the theme park/fairground environment, so hearing it with an actual park as a backdrop would be something rather special.
Ah well...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Got a Happy Birthday call from my brother in Germany today & he leaves for South Korea in a couple of days to start the Lady Gaga world tour, so any of you that are going to see her anywhere in the world let me know so I can see if he can hook you up with some backstage passes. cool)
PM me. Please don't post it in this topic, because I'll only reply to a PM. Thanks

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Marina and the Diamonds on Friday. She's playing in Manchester Cathedral, so should be quite fab as a venue.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^ Scratch that.

Selfish cow has been advised by doctors that a full length concert at this time could permanently **** up her voice, so it's been pushed back to June.

It's actually worked out quite well since I'll be in Manchester on Sunday for a night out as well. It saves the hassle of two trips up on the same weekend.

peep

CF Legend
I've seen Modestep before live, they're awesome. Depends on if you like that sort of thing or not I suppose. I like a few lostprophet tracks but I reckon they'd sound awful live, seems like an odd combination.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm surprised nobody who was out for AJ's birthday at the weekend has come in here to say how amazing Tulisa was on Saturday!

Oh yeah, 'cos she wasn't.

Or she might've been. **** knows, I was too pissed to notice.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
I went to see Alkaline Trio at Sheffield Leadmill on the 2nd of this month.

The gig was supposed to have been late last year but it was postponed because Matt Skiba (vocals + guitar) had his foot and ankle broken, he was apparently waiting at traffic lights on a motorbike and a truck drove over his foot!

The gig wasn't that great actually, I really like Alk3 but Matt was hammered, he spent a good few minutes of the show trying to get one of his tie's back from someone in the crowd - I have no idea how he lost it in the first place. Then he started getting lyrics wrong and towards the end of the set he started obsessing over this guy who he knew from Sheffield and spent most of his time going over and chatting with him and didn't seem too bothered about the 1,000 or so people who had paid to watch them.
They did play a few of my favourite songs though and Dan Adriano was great as usual, plus they had really good support from Dave Hause who I have never had the pleasure of listening to before so it wasn't a wasted night.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Apparently I'm off to see Brit Floyd on Thursday night at the NIA Birmingham. Was randomly given tickets to it on Saturday for free.

Don't know if I can be bothered though :lol:

walker1104

Mega Poster
ATTACKHAMMER said:
Lostprophets were ok I guess. The support band (called Modestep) were the worst band I have ever seen!

I saw lostprophets in Nottingham last week too. Really enjoyed them. Thought it was an epic gig. Never seen Rock City so packed! It was insanely busy!

And I'll definitely agree with you regarding modestep. They were pretty awful. Then again, I don't like dubstep or anything like that so...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Accidentally found out that Diamanda Galas is doing a show in London in August.

LOOOOOOVVVEEEEE her, but haven't been keeping up to date and I don't think she's done a show over here for about ten years. Bought a ticket straight away and so looking forward to it now.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Brett7710 said:
I went to see Alkaline Trio at Sheffield Leadmill on the 2nd of this month.

The gig was supposed to have been late last year but it was postponed because Matt Skiba (vocals + guitar) had his foot and ankle broken, he was apparently waiting at traffic lights on a motorbike and a truck drove over his foot!

The gig wasn't that great actually, I really like Alk3 but Matt was hammered, he spent a good few minutes of the show trying to get one of his tie's back from someone in the crowd - I have no idea how he lost it in the first place. Then he started getting lyrics wrong and towards the end of the set he started obsessing over this guy who he knew from Sheffield and spent most of his time going over and chatting with him and didn't seem too bothered about the 1,000 or so people who had paid to watch them.
They did play a few of my favourite songs though and Dan Adriano was great as usual, plus they had really good support from Dave Hause who I have never had the pleasure of listening to before so it wasn't a wasted night.

Dave Hause is a proper good guy, as are his band The Loved Ones, you should defo go check them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwKkTx57uz0

On a side note, Alkaline Trip ended up coming down to a clubnight that I run/DJ at last weekend! And yes, Matt Skiba was pretty drunk.