What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Slayed

Hyper Poster
The Foos were just stunning. Friday was excellent, and then Saturday was INSANE - I've never seen such energy in a crowd!

The arrival of Led Zep just made it even better :D. Although I've never been much of a Ramble On fan, Rock & Roll with Dave drumming and Taylor singing was awesome.

And we made Dave Grohl cry :wink:.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Saw my favourite band ever last night called The Fall of Troy, a band from America who happened to e playing a little pub in south west London, completely random but omg such an amazing show. Would love to see them again!

Lain

Giga Poster
I've not heard much by them, but FCPREMIX is on Guitar Hero III, and it's good.

Got any recommendations of stuff I should get hold of?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Their second album Doppelganger is amazing, (it has FCPremix on it), their newest one is called Manipulator and is pretty good not as good as the previous album though.

Good songs:
Act 1, Scene 1
You Got A Deathwish Jonny Truant
We Better Learn To Hotwire A Uterus

Matt

Roller Poster
Slayer/Mastodon tours been confirmed, 30th and 31st October at Hammersmith amongst other dates. Sweet.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
nadroJ said:
Saw my favourite band ever last night called The Fall of Troy, a band from America who happened to e playing a little pub in south west London, completely random but omg such an amazing show. Would love to see them again!

Fall Of Troy are really good! I got their first LP when it came out, then nothing really happened for a while until they got it reissued. Nice to see that Equal Vision have them on their roster now.

As for me, just heard from a friend who knows a few people in high places that I might be off to see At The Gates later this year. That would be amazing.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Matt said:
Slayer/Mastodon tours been confirmed, 30th and 31st October at Hammersmith amongst other dates. Sweet.

Yup, I am definatley going to one of those dates. Shame about Trivium though *gags*. I wanted LOG. Ah well it will be worth it for Slayer.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Dan why not just go to Wacken and be done with it, seems like you're really into that kind of music. That way you get to see all the bands you like for one big price rather than load of little prices, all at once!

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I really want to go but I can't get there yet. It is the same with Rock am Ring. I will have to wait until I am older and can get someone to go with.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Just driven home from Download to get some more clothing cos someone nicked my bag during the night, >.>

****s sake.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I went to see Jonathan Davis' only headline show in the UK last night with his back up band the SFA (Simply F*cking Amazings)

Since I don't go to college on monday's I decided to go up to Oxford Street for the day first and get some cd's and clothes because Hastings is crap.
I got 4 humours shirts for £21, not bad then went and grabbed lunch. After a questionable sandwhich I went to HMV and got a couple cd's including Korn's MTV accoustic sessions which I have been trying to find for ages and a couple of HIM albums.

I went to Islington to find the venue and after a while realised that as the name suggested it was actually a church.
Got there at 4:30 and waited until 7:30 to get in. A camera man came past with someone I recognised but only a couple of other's did. It was Zac Baird, JD & Korn's official touring keyboard player. Needless to say I asked him to sign my cd and he did. He is a really nice guy.

When we got in, I noticed loads of camera's everywhere and then we were told it was going to be filmed for a f*ckin DVD.

Hell yeah, I am on a Korn DVD, I can't wait to get it. Support act was Shenkar, SFA violinist,who sounded like a dying cat when he sang.

Finally at about 9 the rest of the band came on and now it was just JD to come on.

He finally emerged and everyone went nuts. The show was really intimate and amazing. He did loads of his Queen Of The Damned stuff like, Foresaken, Not Meant For Me, System etc and previously NEVER PLAYED song called careless.

Then he did some Korn stuff like 4u which was such a beautiful moment, Dirty, Hey Daddy, Hold On, Got The Life and Kick The PA (very rare song).

Everyone sang along and headbanged to everything and he kept thanking us for everything and talking to us.

Last song was Falling Away From Me which started mellow and accoustic but on the last two choruses Shane Gibson brought out the 7string Ibanez and it was full on Korn. IN A F*CKING CHURCH!

Everyone went nuts and started moshing in the pews which was so funny. JD did his freak out thing which he can still do at 37 then thanked us all and left.

What an amazing show.

Karen

Hyper Poster
Well we had no problems with our tents Harvey. Did you lock it. We were in the Black Camp. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. The worse thing was treking stuff back and forth from car to campsite!

I had an amazing 2 days and got really good views of both main bands I wanted to see :) On the friday I met Kill Hannah in the signing tent and got complimented by the lead singer woop. Said I didn't look old enough to have a daughter! Then I watched them front row woop. On the saturday I was 1 from the front to watch HIM and again they were amazing and Ville gave me the hughest grin when he saw the flashing lights I had on my hat tehe (cheers Chaz)

See some pics here - http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... Id=2058812

Me very hyper!
kh.jpg

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Speaking of KH. They are touring in September and I am choosing them instead of Slayer.

I have wanted to see them for a whole year but never could. Nobody would see HIM with me to see them support and I didn't want to see Aiden because they suck.

I am seeing them at Brighton Concorde 2. Gonna be amazing.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Karen said:
Well we had no problems with our tents Harvey. Did you lock it. We were in the Black Camp. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. The worse thing was treking stuff back and forth from car to campsite!

Had it nicked before I'd even got to my tent, of ye old sack cart, /shrug.

**** happens, they took an expensive coat I had made by Sin Wear though, :(

Karen

Hyper Poster
danielfitzgerald99 said:
Speaking of KH. They are touring in September and I am choosing them instead of Slayer.

I have wanted to see them for a whole year but never could. Nobody would see HIM with me to see them support and I didn't want to see Aiden because they suck.

I am seeing them at Brighton Concorde 2. Gonna be amazing.

I'm going to go and see them in Bimingham in November and fingers crossed nottingham at Rock City. They are amazing live. See my vids on youtube :wink:

trav

Mega Poster
Got my Enter Shikari tickets for Nottingham Rock City now as well!

Just Liverpool to go, and I'll have all the tickets for the ones I can get to easily!

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
Woot! Gout 2 Feeder tickets, one for Leeds when I'm at uni, and olne at Southampton a week later, when I can come home for the weekend! Loving it :D