What's new

Furius Baco

Ben

CF Legend
It honestly baffles me when people say it's rough... I mean, I rode it at the back expecting this horrible experience that would leave me mutilated and bleeding... and it was fine. No rougher then rides like Rita, a LOT smoother then rides like Colossus, and made a joke out of rides like Stampida. The worst part was by far the first corner, but even that was glass compared to a lot, a LOT of other coasters.

Roughness-wise, I'd happily ride it over and over. I wouldn't however, because it's too intense to re-ride.

I honestly just don't get it, I'm usually the first to cry rough.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
^ I don't get why people think it's rough either. I mean, I rode it on the outside seat on the row before the back and I don't remember bashing my head at all.

I guess people exaggerate too much.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
^ I'm a Khan fanboy actually. :p And I'm just saying that Baco definitely isn't rough but that's my opinion. Yes people might think it's rough but I don't remember one point on the ride that it was rough.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Ben said:
Roughness-wise, I'd happily ride it over and over. I wouldn't however, because it's too intense to re-ride.

Oh gosh... We had the 12 o'clock shuts when I went last year and on the first night I managed 6 goes as there were no queues and then I ended up with a HUGE-ASS headache. But When ya ride it, ya just can't get enough of it even when the head pains start to kick in after the first couple of goes lol.

I love it's intensity, I wouldn't change a thing about it!

Jake

Strata Poster
^ Yeah, it's one of the few rides that WOWed me last season. Although, that's not saying much when you look at the dumps I visited (apart from all the spanish parks).

It was a little bumpy, but that was more intensity than roughness... I dunno, it was just too awesome to be ruined by a bit of bumpyness.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I cant see how any of you who rode it cant think its rough! Did you not looke at the "self POV" videos they wanted to sell? And how BADLY EVERYONE is shaking around?! My god I've never been on a ride that shoock you so much. (I rode it 6 times over 4 days... And hated it as much each time. Front row,back row, inside seat, outside seat... it was justr all bad)

wolverinechris

Mega Poster
I'll never understand the roughness calls myself either. Granted, I rode it decently close to opening, and this is a first gen and a design with tons of unique forces, so it could have degraded since then. I rode outside every time, and the only time I really noticed anything that could be considered remotely rough was in the very back. Even then, it was mostly vibrations, not anything that I would call at all painful or that would detract from the ride much.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
The only reason Baco is getting slated about its roughness is due to the fact it sits outside the track, not above or below, so more likely to shake. Look at my POV in the videos. It is still an awesome ride with plenty of airtime after the launch and fun layout with a nice smooth barrel roll.

danielmopgs

Roller Poster
Baco is not particularly rough just the transitions are made very quickly and the seats bounce up and down a bit due to the train design.

The only part I would really call rough would be the turn after the launch and towards the back of the train it is worse.

At the front though I really enjoyed on the inside and outside seats. :)

Tomatron

Giga Poster
This ride is mad in almost every way. The seats are miles away from the track, the wine factory you're in gets hijacked my monkeys, and you're either being throttled to death, or you're not.

I rode it a couple of times, once at the front and once nearer the back. The outside is a lot more shaky than the inside, but that's just physics at work. And on reflection, I actually really liked the whole experience. Perhaps because it was the last thing I expected from Intamin, maybe because it's so different to almost all the other launch coasters I've been on, or perhaps because despite how shaky it was, it was all over rather quickly, so I didn't leave this crazy ride doing my best Woody Woodpecker impression.

But I can see why people don't like it, and understandably so. If you don't want 25 seconds of feeling what it would be like to be inside a Moulinex Magimix food mixer, this is not for you. Baco really is like Marmite. You love it or you hate it. I only need to look back on the last four pages of this topic to prove that.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Why is this topic so bitchy, it's only one coaster! (*rhetorical* question)

IMHO Baco has a lovely station, original design, excellent pre-launch, great turn over the lake and makes quite an impact.

However, I found the layout and scenery of the first half disappointing, with too much vibration at speed due to the car design. I also hate slow inversions but that's just me :p.

Good addition to the park though, took them long enough to add a new coaster so I'm not complaining!