What's new

Furius Baco

A

Anonymous

heyy guys :wink:
what do you think about it?
personally its a great theme, love the theme. But does the ride actually live up to the whole hype

luke8

Mega Poster
The best rollercoaster I have ridden. It will always have a special place in my heart after last year (4 stay-on ride sin a row at the end of the day!).

Amazing launch, brilliant theme and superb ride. Go ride it. Now.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Agree with all the above.

Great theming, awesome preshow, great launch, good airtime and the BEST inversion ever...the inline twist is just so amazing.

Great ride which is currently my no.2 coaster just beaten by Khan.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Tony said:
Great ride which is currently my no.2 coaster just beaten by Khan.

Same. :D

It definitely is a must ride if you go to PA. I wish I could of gone on it more times though. :( (Only went on it once)

Rob

Mega Poster
Meh. Almost everything it does I've seen done better. The only credits to it are:
A) It looks fantastic
B) It has unique seating
C) The themeing on the launch is at a standard other parks should strive to rival

Otherwise, I hate it. The launch is slow, the ride is far too rough, its over forceful, and essentially it's too fast. This is the key problem, it's overpowered and thus results in roughness. I prefer Stealth's launch, Rita's turns, Colossus has a MUCH better example of an inline twist (ie: the one at the end) and does the whole 'tunnel' thing better. The seating, while being unique, is piontless, the ride is too fast for you to appreciate it and the overall experience is both painful and confusing. I prefer Stampida WITH new trains.

Ben

CF Legend
The launch is slow... Right. OK. It's more intense then Stealth's by a mile, but whatever. Plus, it's faster.

It's too forceful? Too fast? Next will you tell me it's too good?

And you honestly think COLOSSUS has a better Inline? Baco's is full of floater airtime the entire way round, and is possibly the weirdest, most unique, and most spectacular inversion, certainly that I've been on, and probably ever. The whole "tunnel" thing? It's not even a thing on Baco.

The seating is pointless? Well, no. It makes the launch so much better, the turns better, the hill-thing better, the Inline better, the turn over the lake better. The whole ride, better. If that's not purposeful, I don't know what is.

So, if you could come up with a reason that makes sense and isn't completely stupid, I'm going to conclude that you are a silly Forpe fanboy who for some bizarre reason, thinks Colossus is better. I bet you didn't even ride Baco at the front, that's one of the best experiences around.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
It's only the back 2 rows that are rough, the rest are fine!
I'm with ben on this one, this ride has it all and people are jealous of it because it wasn't built in the UK first! I love this ride to bits, it's fast, and extremely forceful!

Ben, did you ride it during the night? I found it even faster and forceful then. Or is that because the ride becomes pitch-black and you completely loose all sense of direction?

It has to be one of the best rides ever built and when I went last year, a week after peak season, they kept the park open till 12pm still due to the popularity of Baco. PA didn't expect it to be such a big hit. I still remember getting the letter on our restaurant table at the PA hotel explaining this. Naturally, I was chuffed to bits haha.

Rob

Mega Poster
^ We're disagreeing on everything tonight...

Firstly, I'm in no way a Thorpe fan boy. I just think it has a good selection of rides. Stealth, Colossus, Rush, Det and Samurai all rank in my favourites and are, in my opinion, good rides.

What exactly would you call the random breeze block walls with a roof half way round the layout, it is a fair bit like a tunnel, as a tunnel generally does have two walls and a roof... Its just done badly as it has no themeing and looks like something they forgot to pull down in construction.

I have ridden front row, my overall opinion is the same.

The ride is overpowered. If it were slower the vibrations would not be exaggeated as much and thus not so rough. It does not at any piont slow down to (I would geuss) under 35mph, which I believe is too fast.

Its lauch is nothing special, it feels slow, I think Stealths gives a faster experience, or even Rita's for that matter. (Which seems logical as both have a faster 0-60 speed)

Remember Ben this is my opinion. Its not fact that we are argueing about and as such we can have our own views on things. As the intial post says: 'What do you think about it'.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I hate you all.

Why the **** did it have to be ****ing closed during the only ****ing time I would possibly ****ing visit any ****ing time in the near ****ing future :(

Rob

Mega Poster
As I said before, I wouldn't say you are. If you missed Khan maybe, but in my opinion, I would be too dissapionted. Having said that if it had been closed when I (before I rode it) went I would of felt the same.

Ben

CF Legend
Firstly, I'm in no way a Thorpe fan boy. I just think it has a good selection of rides. Stealth, Colossus, Rush, Det and Samurai all rank in my favourites and are, in my opinion, good rides.

Instantly, you're wrong on everything.

What exactly would you call the random breeze block walls with a roof half way round the layout, it is a fair bit like a tunnel, as a tunnel generally does have two walls and a roof... Its just done badly as it has no themeing and looks like something they forgot to pull down in construction.

It's also a tiny blip on Baco. It makes no difference to the fact it's a great coaster.

The ride is overpowered. If it were slower the vibrations would not be exaggeated as much and thus not so rough. It does not at any piont slow down to (I would geuss) under 35mph, which I believe is too fast.

Too fast just sounds like you have no reason and you just want to cover the fact you dislike it cause it's not Colossus.

Its lauch is nothing special, it feels slow, I think Stealths gives a faster experience, or even Rita's for that matter. (Which seems logical as both have a faster 0-60 speed)

Acceleration to 60 means nothing, on Baco it's the seats that make all the difference on the launch. Make it feel so much more exposed, freer, and faster.

Remember Ben this is my opinion. Its not fact that we are argueing about and as such we can have our own views on things. As the intial post says: 'What do you think about it'.

And your opinion is wrong. I don't buy all this "it's my opinion" bull-**** people give. Opinions can be wrong.

Rob

Mega Poster
^ How can opinions be wrong?

It is YOUR opinion so it is YOUR view piont and what YOU think about something cannot be wrong. If it was fact maybe, but not opinions.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Rob said:
As I said before, I wouldn't say you are.

Don't sit there and tell Ben he cannot argue with you because it's your opinion, then try and tell me that my opinion of the ride is wrong. I'm pissed off because I missed the chance to ride what looks to be a great ride. You disagree, fine, but you can't tell me my emotion is wrong because your opinion of the ride differs from my expectations of it.

Ben

CF Legend
It's my opinion that all murder is justified and that I can kill anyone I want to in any way I want and I should get away with it.

Am I right?