What's new

Furius Baco

Rob

Mega Poster
If thats your opinion yes. However, carrying out something like that is wrong against the law of the land. If its your opinion its not wrong, its physically carrying out the action thats wrong.

EDIT: If im not making that clear, what I mean is I think if that is your opinion, and you do actually believe that then as is an opinion it cannot be wrong. The physical action would be wrong, as would trying to change someones opinion on the matter. I am not trying to change anyones opion here, I'm merely stating and defending my own.

Smithy: Im not saying your opinion is wrong, and in what I said I tried to get that across, all I was saying that in my eyes you aren't missing much. If I didn't make that obvious im sorry.

Smithy

Strata Poster
An opinion can be wrong, if said opinion is based around a fact.

Ben's opinion that he gave as an example IS wrong, as he cannot factually do that. Well, he could...

Ben

CF Legend
Lol UC, since you don't have anything to do other then sit at home and "plan" a way to wind me up, as you put, I don't waste the time reading anything you care to type about me in case it's another "plan" formulated between you and whoever else is bored with their life.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Next post not about Baco earns the poster a 48 hour ban.

Thanks for listening...

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I *really* like Baco but I wouldn't know where to put it in my top ten.

The ride is simply AWESOME. Like, it really lives up to the hype because it can't be compared to anything we have seen before. The launch is certainly not the fastest or the most intense but you have a sense of rush that can't be described. It's all about the trains.

I know I was a bit sceptic about the trains before getting my ride on Baco. After riding it for the first time I realised that the trains were the key element and Intamin designed a layout that could make the most of them. It's not a coaster with sudden changes on elevation but it does have some nice surprises like that pop of ejector after the launch which make you smile.

I think the layout is too simplistic but they have quite a few tricks going in just 25 seconds. Launch, ejector, strong G's in the trench turn, S-turn, tunnel-thingy, S-Bend, inline twist, turn over the lake. Then we can have a look at 'better' coasters like Stealth which are launch, top hat, airtime-less hill. Now please, which one does give a better ride experience?

Honestly, Baco is a bit rough and it is not exactly the most rerideable coaster built but it's certainly fun. It's also the only coaster I have ridden on which every train that comes back to the station has riders cheering and clapping from the rush they have just experienced.

Sure they could have pulled better themeing for the queue line but I think the building is really beautiful despite the huge cattlepens inside. Then again, you have to look at the pre-show area which is one of the best parts of the ride. You are exposed to effects working almost all the time (shame about the doors) every 60 seconds like smoke, animatronics, huge screens, tubes, sounds. The storyline behind the ride is not the best but it suits the preshow and themeing overall.

I could go on and on but I think I'll stop right there. You need to go to PA and experience Baco.
BTW, videos don't make justice to this ride AT ALL.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I've heard somone with a count like Tom call it "the wrost coaster I've been on."

Probably an exageration, slightly. :p

I love the look of that dip off the end of the launch but other than that I cannot see ANY attraction to it what so ever.

thx

Mega Poster
Bacon is great, but I wouldn't call it absolutely mind-blowing bloody awesome.

^It is a bit shaky quite throughout the ride, which some people call 'rough' thus I can somewhat see where they coming from. Also, the inner seats are less shaky than the outer seats.
However personally I think that shakiness adds to the quick and quirky, relentless, unique kind of ride (refering to the coaster) it is.

thx

Mega Poster
^From what I remember, for the head, yes it does feel quite... or thinking about it, really similar. It's interesting that you asked, as I haven't ever been thinking about that.

That's the only common part as, as you most likely know, the track is banked when you enter Kanonen's heartline roll and it's banked in the other direction when you exit it, the banking continues longer than on usual heartlines, so you don't really feel floating imo, compared to (Baco), if the track was flat-inversion-flat within the same space.
Personally Kanonen's heartline roll is one of the worst and most dull zero-g/inline twist/heartline rolls I've experienced.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Obviously I haven't ridden it, but I think Baco looks pretty good.

The launch, as well as the the feeling of speed throughout the ride looks great, what with the speed, the unique trains and the close proximity to the ground.

The inline looks awesome too. So yeah, even though the layout is pretty basic, Baco looks like it pulls it off well.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
There is no nick cutting on Baco. Every element is taken so smoothly especially the entrance to the inline. Don't forget, the banking is felt as mainly vertical forces due to the outside seating arrangement.

Ultimate Coaster said:
Erol said:
So thats why you have a pic of Baco in your sig if it's something to be missed

Rob said:
Meh. Almost everything it does I've seen done better. The only credits to it are:
A) It looks fantastic

I wonder why he has a picture...

Why be an arse again?

Tom

Hyper Poster
Joey said:
I've heard somone with a count like Tom call it "the wrost coaster I've been on."

Probably an exageration, slightly. :p

Well, I really do hate Rita.

Not just the ride experience, but everything about it: The (lack of) theming, the (awful) placing and the (vicious) headbanging.

EDIT - Awwww bless that you thought he was talking about you. Or talking about Rita for that matter. Gavin

wolverinechris

Mega Poster
So...
opinions being wrong is another issue entirely (I personally go with yes, but that's a matter of huge debate)...but your reasoning behind your opinions can be very wrong, and is where a lot of interesting arguments can take place. I think Ben was more saying his reasoning doesn't hold up...which I would agree with...35mph is too fast? I mean, this is a coaster forum...if you want less than 35mph try ResidentialDrivingForce.com .

As for the neck cutting...as one of the foremost complainers about Maverick doing that, I think I can pretty safely say it's not really an issue. That roll has significantly different acceleration and speed than Maverick's dives, etc., so you don't really get thrown into it...even if you do hit it, it's not hard enough to really notice. I very much enjoyed Baco (my #4), but I found Maverick to be the most painful coaster at CP when I was there last time. That being said, Maverick has a lot of redeeming qualities, but that's another discussion.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
The outer seats issue reminds me of X...the outer seats on X were quite a bit rougher than the inner seats. Probably just to do with the fact that they're further from the train's centerline, and are going to have a bit of a wider range of motion...

Probably, but do you find that it's not lateral roughness?
Baco's problem is vertical roughness. It's the butt and the back of the head that gets it, but there is not one bit of lateral banging. I don't really think it flaws the ride in anyway because it's not an uncomfortable sensation.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ That's exactly it! It's what Baco suffers with however, it doesn't make the ride uncomfortable because you don't actually bang your head or neck, left and right. It's all up and down shaking from the vibrations of the arms.

The ride is very forceful, which makes up for half the shaking as the train is trying to battle against the air. I'm wondering, would increasing the tracks gauge affect the vibrations?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Not at all... If you notice, the entrance to the inline is taken on a bank anyways and it's so drawn out, you roll pretty slow.

Watch this pov video and you'll see how smooth it actually is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV4iNtN-3ZU

Also, like I said before. When you bank, the riders move up and down creating mainly vertical forces and this is why you get airtime from just changing directions. The S-bend especially!

So yes, I am telling you that there is no neck cutting on this ride.

supersion

Mega Poster
When i rode it last summer, the first time we decided to go in the front.
It meant not getting a video, but it was definatly worth it. My sister and her boyfriend sat on the right side, and i was alone on the left.

What I loved about it, is the fact it hardly gives any indication of when it's about to launch, and once it does, well... WOW. :shock:
It was soo powerful, i ended up gritting my teeth, as I felt my skin on my face get pulled back. It was great.

The only downside to it, is the roughness. I do hope that they find a solution for it. I mean, it would be a shame of a ride as great as that, to be ruined by it getting rougher and rougher. For a ride that was soo new, it shouldn't have been soo rough.

Either way, it's still great. Better than D-Khan. :)

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
My god does this topic upset me, so much love for a ride I wish would be removed.

Baco is by far the worst coaster I've ever been on (Out of 494...)

I really couldnt find anything good about this ride but the line/station. It was such an amazingly rough ride that did very little. The launch may have been good, but that alone could not make up for such a poor, poor ride.