What's new

Fright nights

Ben

CF Legend
I went yesterday tooooo!

Asylum is pretty much identical to how it was last year - ie., it's by far the best!

Se7en is a LOT better this year. It's actually pretty kick ass this year.

Hellgate's the same as it was last year, far too much back and forth with an actor in plain view at the end of the corridor.

And Curse is pretty terrible.

However, Inferno looks AMAZING, and thick fog was everywhere last night.

Saw? Don't even get me started.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Literally just got back from Thorpe now, and Asylum is amazing this year. Got on nemesis inferno twice... and as somebody mentioned the fog is so thick its awesome. Saw (Which also was amazing), that had a queue time of 5 mins all day.

A

Anonymous

Am trying to visit Fright Nights with my friend, but the only time we are both free is halloween itself...I'm thinking that the park would be quite busy on that night and we won't get to ride much. Anyone have an opinion?
Also, with the additional fright night price, what do they do with the daytime park people? Do they evict everyone and let the fright night people back in or what?

Ben

CF Legend
Paranoid said:
Am trying to visit Fright Nights with my friend, but the only time we are both free is halloween itself...I'm thinking that the park would be quite busy on that night and we won't get to ride much. Anyone have an opinion?
Also, with the additional fright night price, what do they do with the daytime park people? Do they evict everyone and let the fright night people back in or what?

Halloween itself will be a living, breathing hell. Getting to ride anything would be good going.

And no.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Paranoid said:

Daytime people just get stamped if they wish to enter the park again.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
On the Thorpe website when I click to book it just comes up with the standard booking page with no Fright Night booking option .. do you just buy a standard ticket and does that cover it?!

Basically .. HOW DO I BOOK?!

MRJudorules

Roller Poster
I went to Fright Night yesterday, and all I can say is poor orginisation... 7 and a half hours... 1 bloomin ride, and 1 maze.crappy hellgate. I asked my parents to go on the Asylum instead, but oh no, this one seems much better. Anyway... As soon as we get to the park, we eat, then head to Saw. 2 hours que the sign says, and there's another saying there is going to be live actors in the que today. So 1 and an hour goes pass, and an announcment comes over the rides broken down... I could see the car stuck on one of the brake runs. We think it wouldn't be a big deal, so we waited another half hour and they announce it's working again. They have about 2 loads, when it's announced broken yet again... Another long time, were now open again. Another 5 times later, they say they've made the decision to clear the que line, and issue fast track to everyone in the que. So we recieve fast track to any ride in the park, excluding mazes unfortunately. We que for Hellgate for an hour, go through and come out. We head to Se7en and que for an hour... Que was moving rather quickly, when an actor with a sling around her arm emerges from the maze with a member of staff. We decided to leave the que, as we decided it was going to take to long. About 3 hours later, saw comes back up, we que at Fast-track witch was about 15 min que... No actors though. I'm pissed off. I've been waiting for Fright night for a year

Ollie

CF Legend
^That's a shame. Everyone else writing about the event have been saying it's pretty good this year. Hopefully everything will be alright on the live.

MRJudorules

Roller Poster
Another thing is the mazes open up at 4'oclock which makes all the crowds run like mad... Why the heck did I have to go on a crappy day... I forgot about Nemisis Inferno which we qued for an hour for to find it broken again... Also Stealth broke when we qued up for ages. Why did I have to go in a crappy maze... I wanted to go on Asylum, as everyone ran out screaming... Looked like a guy with a chainsaw chasing them.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Why didn't you go in Asylum if you wanted to? Sounds like you were unlucky with Thorpe they usually do have alot of breakdowns though which is ridiculous.

MRJudorules

Roller Poster
I was prepared to wait for Asylum, but my parents didn't bloody want to, therefore I couldn't... They didn't know what the mazes are!! They though it was like a proper maze. It was a crappy day... The actors in hellgate definitely like to "touch" their victims. A zombie walked by when we were walking round the park. He was chained up, and we were told not to touch him, as he's extremely dangerous (he bites) My sad dad ( it rhimes ) said he never wants to come to fright night again :(

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I went on thursday and had a pretty good day - even though I arrived late, and had to leave at about 6.

Every ride was up and running

Stealths queue was just over half an hour all day, and inferno was 20-30 mins (both on one car operation), saw was 10-15. Had 2 goes on each - stealth was still great fun, inferno seems to get better each time I ride it, and the saw queueline actors didn't add too much - although I do rather like the ride, and don't find it too rough (even if it does make you feel a bnit queasy).

Saw had a minor breakdown the second time I was in the queue - I'd left the queue and was in the shop when they announced it had re-opened

Maze wise - only had time for the curse and asylum - the curse was a bit disappointing - but asylum is LEGENDARY! (capital letters FTW)

even though it was a prettty quiet day - the asylum queue was about half an hour - so I can imagine weekends or half term being crazy!

Other rides - just detonator and rush.

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
im not one to Bitch and moan but MRJudorules, you have said on many accounts that you had an utter shute day. to be honest its nothing out of the ordinarey for Thorpe to have break downs and those lengthy q's. So we get the jist of what you are banging on about, but please dont keep going on about it.

Also the only thing i can really say is that IMO you went on a awful day for HHN were as if you have red above most not if all people experinced a a great day and the usually comments about which mazes were better or awful.

On a side note did any one play the left for dead 2 booth in the dome? Me and my mate played it was an awsome game, but overheard someone that they were gonna put zombie actors in their or what have you, anyone know if this is true or not? also anyone have any news on the film they are running in the time voyagers cinema? i missed it because it wasnt running =(

Ollie

CF Legend
^The Left for Dead 2 demo tent is in the dome. As you play it in a dark themed room actors dressed as zombies scare you near the end.
In the cinema they're showing the highlights from all the Saw films.
Both these attractions are for over 18's only.

A

Anonymous

Hi, im new, I just wanted to ask in the SAW queue line at fright nights, are the live actors actually in the queue line with you, or do they just like bang against the fences? Thanks.

MRJudorules

Roller Poster
First off; welcome to Coaster Force!
Then if you've been on the ride before, you'll probably have noticed that when you enter the Warehouse from the main que; straight ahead is a big cage with a video screen next to it (which will display CCTV footage, or Billy. Some actors are in that cage. Other actors do wonder the park from time to time though. I also forgot to mention that when I went to Guest Services, there was even a hour que for that! They don't offer Fast-track for that though…