What's new

Favorite Drop Tower rides

Error

Strata Poster
Error said:
I've been on 4 overall, and I rank them as such:

4) Demon Drop-Cedar Point: I can count it down perfectly, but it's shakey as hell the entire time.
3) Power Tower-Cedar Point: Shot is over too soon, and Drop isn't pure enough. They're both fun, but not hugely.
2) xscream-Waldemeer: PURE drop, and none of the waiting to be dropped crap, either. You get up there, you fall. Awesome.
1) Acrophobia-Six Flags over Georgia: Standing floorless tilting giro freaking awesome.

Only change is adding Drop Tower at Kings Island.

At number 2.

A

Anonymous

TOP 4

4. ICE BLAST BLACKPOOL PLEASURE BEACH
3. DOCTOR DOOMS FEAR FALL ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE
2. CLIFFHANGER FLAMINGO LAND
1. DETONATOR THORPE PARK

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Ice Blast is not a drop tower, it is a shot tower.

Cliff Hanger is the only drop tower I have been on, and it was bloody good. The fact it's a combo tower (you get a shot first and a couple of bounces before it becomes a drop tower) makes it even better than if it did just one.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Blue Fall in Japan, Drop Zone at Kings Island, Acrophobia and the floorless side of the Grona Lund drop tower are my favourite ones. Not been on many bad Intamin ones (the two Spanish ones come to mind!).

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If there's any sort of ride that will take me out of my comfort zone then it'll be something unnatural.

Height, speed and anticipation seem to go hand in hand for me.

Therefore, the best tower rides I've been on are Detonator, Power Tower, (counting top hat elements as tower rides) Stealth and Top Thrill Dragster.

A top hat is a tower.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
I've only actually been on Detonator.

It still stands as the only ride which i've been on and am actually scared every time XD no idea why.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I think Detonator is a shockingly scary tower! It's only 115 feet tall but it packs a nasty punch.

Hurakan Condor is my favourite drop tower though; the sheer height is just the beginning, with the addition of epic theming, stand-up floorless and a great personality behind it, makes it the best I've been on.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I have only been on 3 tower rides, so not that much to mention.

1. Mystery Castle (Phantasialand): the whole concept behind the ride is just amazing and being launched in the air in complete darkness is pretty crazy!

2. Dalton Terror (Walibi Belgium): my first drop tower and a very high one. It has everything that makes a tower ride good: slowly going up, hanging on the top way too long and a very fast drop...nice!

3. Space Shot: Well...sitting down, whoosh, going up, hopping up and down for a while and a boring drop!

jack.bell

Mega Poster
my top three have to be

fritt fall (grona lund) it is amazing at night great view over all of of stockholm and the drop well that is just AMAZING!

hojdskarcken (liseberg) ever so slightly better than its launched brother jusat up the path. its great being on top of the hill with a great view over gothenburg and the park.

uppskjutet (liseberg) is better than katapulten at grona lund purely for tha extra height up on the hill!

overall i have only ridden 5 drop towers so i dont know much about them but they are my favourites.

A

Anonymous

Hurakan Condor is my number one of the few i've been on....

mainly as its crazy high, anywhere i went on holiday i could see it, even from the airport which i think was nearly an hour away! the views were amazing at the top!

but also the themeing and different options on whether you sat down or not was great so i had 2 different ride experiences...

:)

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Hurakan Condor and FrittFall Tilt (Gröna Lund), both stand-up floorless, share the first place for me. It's just insanely awesome falling free with next to nothing to keep you in place!

I've also ridden Mega Drop - Power Park (about 40m high). It actually gives quite a rush, 'cause you never know when you're going to drop. The hydraulics are definitely a great add, but still Mega Drop ranks nowhere near the Intamin greatness!

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
Giant Drop for obvious reasons is my favorite.... Its just awesome. So high :) And if your lucky enough to have ToT rush past you on your way up, it scares you ****less.

Detonator is always a good laugh and has that clench-ey arse feeling to it.

Most, if not all intamin drops are good or great. They are all pretty similar, just the theming adds or detracts from the experience.

I'm not a big fan of the S&S things, maybe I just haven't been on a good one. But I've been on a fair few, and they are just a bit lame.