What's new

Favorite Drop Tower rides

My favourite is Extremis drop ride to doom at london dungeon because it is so small (20ft) and packs the biggest punch ever.

Wait, whaaa? Extremis only has a twenty foot drop? How does it manage to even start moving before it hits the brakes then?

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
My favourite is Extremis drop ride to doom at london dungeon because it is so small (20ft) and packs the biggest punch ever.

Wait, whaaa? Extremis only has a twenty foot drop? How does it manage to even start moving before it hits the brakes then?

It's just like a drop tower but without the huge fall, just the bit at the top that really gets your stomach.

^ Yah but how long does it fall for? I mean does it just do a teensy drop and then hit brakes? Because twenty feet is like, ridiculously small. It sounds like a Froghopper to me, actually.

Snoo

The Legend
SnooSnoo said:
^^Agreed. I also lost count.

My 4 favorites:

Drop Tower at Kings Island
XScream at Waldameer
AtmosFEAR at Morey's Piers
Demon Drop at Cedar Point

Nothing else aside from those have been notable enough.

Nothing has changed for me.. :p

A

Anonymous

I know. But shot towers were included in others' lists and it is by far the best tower ride I've ever ridden.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Giant Drop at Dreamworld - It lives up to it's name

Apocalypse - Stand up no floor (On my own because my mates chickened out)

Doctor Doom's Freefall IOA

That's all I've been on

A

Anonymous

I liked Drop Zone at Kings dominion because i wasnt expecting to be falling for 7 seconds but it was biiiiiig! Its not going to seems that tall anymore though with that giga goin up but it wil still be fun!

Darren B

Giga Poster
only been on apocolypse and detonator but loved them both, if i had to choose then i guess apocolypse but detonator has a more powerfull launch.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I'm a huge Drop Tower fanboy. I prefer them to most coasters at parks and they are by far my favorite non-coaster rides. Here's what I've ridden:

Dragon's Tower at Castle Amusement Park (small S&S space shot with ejector air, a clone of Liberty Launch at Holiday World)
Maliboomer at DCA
Tower of Terror at DCA
Turbo Drop at Bufallo Bills
Supreme Scream at KBF
Drop Tower at CGA
Power Tower at CP
Pit Fall at Kennywood
Drop Tower at KI

Drop Tower at KI is probably my favorite, but for some reason I found Drop Tower at CGA a big more powerful than KI's even though it isn't as tall. Tower of Terror can't be compared to the others...and Supreme Scream at KBF and Power Tower at CP are also a lot fun because of the height.

A

Anonymous

1. Acrophobia at SFoG
2. Doctor Doom's Fearfall at IoA
3. Maliboomer at California Adventure
4. Devil's Drop at SFGA

andrus

Giga Poster
I've got two different favourites! I really can't decide which one is the best, they're just so different ride experiences and I love them both!

Hurarakan Condor - Port Aventura
Huge intamin free fall tower with excellent theming! The ride lasts for very long and has got both sit down, stand up and tilt mode. A very impressive drop tower! On the downside it really isn't that intense..

The Golden Tower - Tivoli Gardens
An S&S turbo drop in the very center of Copenhagen city! The ride has decent hight (60m) and nice theming (it's golden!). I really prefer the intense drop of the S&S drop towers and I think the sound effects of the compressed air just before beeing shot down towards earth contributes a lot to the atmosphere! I especially like this turbo drop because it's theming and the fact that it feels a lot higher/scarier when it is situated in the middle of a metropolitan! On the downside it could have been a bit higher, but that's not really a big complaint.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
People were like, omg Hurakan Condor is amazing omgomgomg.

It was exactly the same as ****ing Apocalypse. You cannot tell it's taller. The drop is no different.

Drop towers... are all... the same. By same, I mean lame. A bit like Lain. But better.

^ No.. If anyone says something like Power Tower is the same as Xscream, they need to be slapped.

I thought you were smarter than that, Joey :p .