What's new

Fav flat ride in uk

dominoes

Mega Poster
Joint Fav are: Apocolypse, Rush, Detonator
Haven't been on Samurai, but I am sure it would be up there too...

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Slammer - 'nuff said

Personally, I'm not a fan of Slammer - I'm a Topscan fangirl :D

That's why my favourite flat ride at a theme park in the uk is Whirlwind at LWV - it was fantastic on opening day and a great addition to the park.

Although Speed Wave at Flamingo Park in Hastings comes very close too :D

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I haven't been on The Beast yet but it's next on my list :D

I've also heard good reports about it so hopefully I'll make a trip up to Skegness at some point!

nadroJ

CF Legend
^It is a good topscan but the setting it is on just goes on for ages, past the point of fun and more to the point of 'I feel sick/bored now let me off'.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I like long cycles on a topscan - I've had several pretty long goes before and personally I thought they were amazing! :D

Nic

Strata Poster
Can we just set the record straight. Top Scans don't have pre-recorded cycles. It's all manual control. There's a series of buttons to make it raise up, then there's 2 massive dials to make the arm and the seat section rotate. Turn them to the left and they rotate anti-clockwise. Turn them to the right and they rotate clockwise. The more you turn them, the faster it goes. You can turn them in opposite directions, but its a bit crap. The 'head-over-heels' rotation of the seats is completely free swinging. There's no control over this, only by changing the rotation and speed of the other two elements can you have an effect on this. Once you're bored, there's a series of buttons to lock the ride into place, then bring it back down to platform level.

208194_10150160015726025_510281024_6821887_1307360_n.jpg

(Which reminds me, I really must get round to posting this in that "awful photos of members" topic)

*This is based upon my experience of giving "Ian the ride of his life" on the new Whirlwind at LWV. If someone can come up with conclusive evidence that they're not all like this (Is there such a thing as different models for parks or travelling fairs in Top Scans, for example?) then fair enough.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Can we just set the record straight. Top Scans don't have pre-recorded cycles

Indeed, as whoever's operating it can either give you a really great ride or a not so good one! A bit like when I went on Top Buzz 2 at Hull Fair a year or so ago. I had several goes on it and one wasn't particularly good, whereas, a later go I had was a lot longer and fantastic :D