What's new

Fav flat ride in uk

LC12 josh

Roller Poster
What is your fav flat ride in the uk? Mine is slammer when i sit at the end that way u get a max height of 105 ft, head rush to the max lol.

Lofty

CF Legend
I think what Erol meant was, Welcome to Cf, It may be better if this topic gets moved to the Opinions and Polls section.

By the way, mine is Bling at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Don't ask why.

Ben

CF Legend
^Cause Bling is/was facking AWESOME? :p

Mine are Bling, Samurai and Apocalypse, all on the same level, for different reasons.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Maelstrom.

Other close contenders are Rush, Slammer, Samurai and Vortex (provided you get the top on each high swing).

S'about it so far. Everything else has been enjoyable, but on a 'meh' level for me.

Lofty

CF Legend
I forgot about Samurai (How?). I LOVE it, the first half of the cycle is far better then the second half though. In fact, I do think it would be better if it ran the same cycle as it does now, reversed.

Also, as Enigma Shadow has said, Maelstrom. I'm a HUGE fan of gyro swings. They're amazing fun.

Ben

CF Legend
-lofty- said:
I forgot about Samurai (How?). I LOVE it, the first half of the cycle is far better then the second half though. In fact, I do think it would be better if it ran the same cycle as it does now, reversed.

Is the first half the forwards cycle part? Cause that bit is LOADS better than the backwards part.

Also, Slammer. As long as you go backwards first, to get that bit over and done with.

Lesson of the day Thorpe - Backwards on flat rides = SUCK.

Also, I used to love Maelstrom, still do actually, but, it makes me feel sick now :(

And Rush is BORING.

Lofty

CF Legend
Ben, yeah the part that goes backwards is REALLY dull, you just get that strange sidewards floater feeling, that's it. Where as the first half you get the absolutely amazing forceful section.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Rush at Thorpe. Apocalypse at Drayton. Jumpin' Bean at Paultons.

Richie

Hyper Poster
-lofty- said:
Ben, yeah the part that goes backwards is REALLY dull, you just get that strange sidewards floater feeling, that's it. Where as the first half you get the absolutely amazing forceful section.
This proves that Samurai is a piece of ****. On topscans that are actually run properly and not on granny mode, the backwards part is more intense. Samurai is a joke.

I'd say my favourite permanent flat would have to be Apocalypse, Drayton Manor... but fair flats are a lot better than park flats.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Apocalypse at Drayton.

Probably followed by Flip Flop at Flamingoland actually. I'm sure people will disagree, but I enjoyed it more than Maelstrom. The ride cycle is longer (maybe a bit too long?) and there's loads of airtime on it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
gavin said:
Probably followed by Flip Flop at Flamingoland actually. I'm sure people will disagree, but I enjoyed it more than Maelstrom. The ride cycle is longer (maybe a bit too long?) and there's loads of airtime on it.

I think the airtime is better on Flip Flop, but I preferred the swing on Maelstrom. It was very close between the two though, and I think that my endearing memory of my favourite flat (Maelstrom) is probably clouding judgement against Flip Flop.

It's like is my favourite ice cream vanilla or strawberry. I adore strawberry, but always have vanilla because there's not much difference between the two in terms of "favourites", but I like the comfort of vanilla ;)

nadroJ

CF Legend
Mine is Flip Flop at Mingeland. The air is nice and even though it's a backy-forthy-spinny ride it doesn't make me feel like puke. Yeah.

I used to love Rush at Thorpe, I still do on Fright Nights but the cycle just ends to quickly, massive anti-climax.

Might have to agree with Ian here too, Jumping Bean at Paultons is....sexual. For those who had been on it don't even pretend like you don't know what I mean ;]

tks

Strata Poster
Richie said:
but fair flats are a lot better than park flats.

True dat.

I went on a Tagada at a fair once. One of the scariest experiences ever! That and the Tango. My god that was horrifying! Oh and the one that spins you round in up upwards circle where you all sit in line. Name escapes me, almost came out of one of those once!

Best flat... Rush on a good cycle!

vaugc002

Hyper Poster
I really found Dragon's Claw at Adventure Island hugely fun partly because it looked so compact and yet was pretty crazy to ride.
And i suppose Slammer, Rush etc are also rather good