What's new

ENSO; “Icon with a twist” opening at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in 2022

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I know that, I read all the guff, but it will still be chaos.
Where exactly are you going to fit the extra queueline in a station that has zero spare space?
How will you juggle two different sets of back seat riders, speedypass, disabled access, and a regular queue in a narrow corridor with only space for 2 lines?
Where are the lard lad seats going to go?
So many questions...
It is going to get messy in there.
It makes sense to me that it simply grants access to the ride via the existing speedy pass queue (so speedy pass and enso riders potentially wait together for a short period until they are split, however that works).

It is a bit pants though - it’s really going to affect Icon’s capacity / throughput in the standby queue.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I just hope BPB have built a dedicated legion of resilient customer service advisors to handle the inevitable complaints.

rob666

Hyper Poster
They have had them for decades...
"I am sorry, but here are no refunds on the day. Please check the terms and conditions on the website. There is no senior manager available to take your complaint, if you wish to take matters further, you will have to contact Customer Services directly via email. I am sorry but there is nothing else I can say, and there is a lengthy line of customers waiting for help behind you."
Think that is pretty much the script at the Information Centre, heard it so many times collecting my late in the day season pass ticket.
The lovely lady even used to print off my wristband when she spotted me in the queue, and pass it over to me while dealing with the complaints!
Dedicated, resilient, tenacious, polite and officious.
Service with a smile.
Now p!ss off.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
They have had them for decades...
"I am sorry, but here are no refunds on the day. Please check the terms and conditions on the website. There is no senior manager available to take your complaint, if you wish to take matters further, you will have to contact Customer Services directly via email. I am sorry but there is nothing else I can say, and there is a lengthy line of customers waiting for help behind you."
Think that is pretty much the script at the Information Centre, heard it so many times collecting my late in the day season pass ticket.
The lovely lady even used to print off my wristband when she spotted me in the queue, and pass it over to me while dealing with the complaints!
Dedicated, resilient, tenacious, polite and officious.
Service with a smile.
Now p!ss off.
I had cause to complain in there one day, it was a particularly bad day for ride availability, (I think many here can guess which) and they told me that they were giving everybody (not just those complaining) rainy day tickets, that not only allowed a return next day, but instead any day in the season... Despite the fact that the weather was fine.

Suited me as I wasn't a pass holder. But more importantly it was a good gesture for all of those too shy or forgiving to complain, and that made me very happy. What I'm trying to say is, they know when they've really f***ed up, and they try and put it right for 'everyone....' That'll do for me!

Sure enough I was told about the rainy day ticket / voucher by turnstile staff on the way out. Unfortunately I never used it, so cannot confirm it's extension to 'any day in the season.'

Niles

Giga Poster
The seats are on site:
FOEEhO1WYAMUtBH

FN5IXMHXEAIQPEH

Source and Source

Last edited:

Sandman

Giga Poster
Truly a ‘meh’ moment.

They could have at least waited a week to post this on April Fools.

It’s a joke that people are actually going to fork out £25.00 for that.

Sure, you may get a better spin than that, but it’s just luck of the draw.

Peet

Giga Poster
I hate that I will inevitably be handing over £15 for this on my next visit, would like to avoid doing so as a matter of principle but there's no way!

Smithy

Strata Poster
Ahahahahaha they want to charge you an extra £15 for THAT?!

The idea of having that as an upcharge at all is bafflingly bad - and will piss off punters stood queueing seeing two empty seats going round and round until somebody is stupid enough to pay for it.

They'll be gone by the end of the season, or the charge will be gone by the start of next.

BenJacobs

Roller Poster
I think this amount of spinning is the right choice for the general public, even if most of the people here would like it spin much more.

Changa

Mega Poster
The £15 price tag, the lack of clarity for booking times, and the fact they only bought one of these cars. Doesn't this seem to be a bit of a penny-pinching investment? This is as close to a minimum viable product that I've seen them do (given the marketing). How is the financial side of bpb doing atm?

Also, it seems a bit weird that they would do this in the same year that valhalla is due to make a grand reopening. Couldn't they have spaced these two "attractions" out to spread out the marketing?

Will

Strata Poster
Let's be uncharacteristically optimistic.

If it can turn the 'meh' of Icon into anything close to the insanity of Ride to Happiness, then I'll pay. Maybe just the once, but I will.

I don't like the upcharge, of course I don't, with the massive hike in wristband prices we've seen recently, but I can't deny it makes business sense.

Nemisis

Roller Poster
I am in the avoid on principal camp. I reserve the right to have double standards when it's Infront of me though 😂