What's new

English Football 2008/2009 Season

Dave

CF Legend
This is when I think players should give up their high wages and put it back into the club.

Ketchup

Mega Poster
I really hope Southampton stay in business, as they were always a team I liked when they used to be in the Premiership and to be fair I wouldn't want any club to ever go out of business.

However if their survival means Plymouth get relegated to League 1, well...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I had the privilege to see Matt Le Tissier play for Southampton at White Hart Lane on a Monday night (Sept. 1994) when he took Juergen Klinsmann & Co apart singlehandedly. Never will forget that game. I'd hate to see the team just disappear.

Pierre

Strata Poster
I actually feel sick.

Not only do I feel sick because of the Boro score... I also had a bet on Arsenal/Chelsea/West Ham/Sheff Utd/QPR all to win.

QPR cost me £40 as they couldn't score past Crystal ****ing Palace of all teams!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ That was a bit of a fail. Oh well, never mind.

Dons got a win (finally) against Brighton, 2-0. The chase for automatic is still on, though doubtful as Peterborough keep snatching games late on.

Keeping up hope though :)

Brookes

Giga Poster
What a win for Stoke. My first away game at West Brom today and our first away win of the season. Was a brilliant game with a brilliant atmosphere, mostly shouting abuse and laughing at West Brom fans. There were lots of delilahs and it was a great win, helping to push us up and hopefully keep us up. :)

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
ciallkennett said:
Dons got a win (finally) against Brighton, 2-0. The chase for automatic is still on, though doubtful as Peterborough keep snatching games late on.

Keeping up hope though :)
We foobed up chances of auto weeks ago against Yeovil. I just want some form (hopefully) going into the play-offs otherwise, Martin Allen style fun.

Que sera sera.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Christ, don't think I've celebrated a goal by a mostly bit-part player since THAT night in Istanbul when Vladi scored!
Top again, even if it is meaningless what with the Mancs having 2 games in hand.

A

Anonymous

Man u 3 Villa 2

What a way to go back on top hard way yet again.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
ciallkennett said:
^ I have been a supporter all my life, as far back as I can remember. Hardly glory supporter :roll:
Ever been to a ManUre match? And what is your connection with ManUre?

Lain

Giga Poster
ciallkennett said:
^ I have been a supporter all my life, as far back as I can remember. Hardly glory supporter :roll:

Yeah, and all your life they've been arguably the best team in the UK. :p

Smithy

Strata Poster
ciallkennett said:

Then why do you go to MK Don's games and have them as your sign, glory supporter?