What's new

English Football 2008/2009 Season

Pierre

Strata Poster
Blaze, please take Downing off us, PLEASE. Thinks hes huge, as soon as he goes to a club where he isn't the biggest thing there he'll come crashing down.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
No he wouldn't, he would do a Kewell and think he's made it in life, become hopeless and lazy. Kewell was great for Leeds, but when he joined us, he just stopped being good and became lazy, greedy and pathetic. He was always 'injured', apart from, strangely enough, cup finals, where he would 'limp' off at half time when fans got annoyed with his performance. He would not put the effort in all season, but then expect to play and get a medal in the final. Cise was the same. Last season or the year before, Kewell had a good spell, but that soon disapeared.
Downing would probably do the same and suffer from 'Kewell Syndrome'.

Then again he could be the answer to our prayers. It can be difficult to tell. Players who you think are good turn out rubbish, and vice versa.

Good look this season, and I mean that. Borro are a decent team with a good young manager who has settled in really well. Nobody outside the top 4 has a better record against the top 4. You deserve to do well.

Pierre

Strata Poster
southampton used to piss me off a lot they used to perform **** then escape relegation all the time, that was pretty much their premier league story (our story is midtable nobodies) now theyre relegated tjo theyre just cionsistently ****

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Same with Charlton. Even 3 years ago if you said they would be bottom of the Championship I would laugh at you. They were a top 10 team, and now they have collapsed spectacularly.

A

Anonymous

Its nice to see Hull and Stoke triping the big boys up and good on you Villa soon it wont be "The big 4" it may be the big 5 or 6 teams that chop and change for champions league and europa league. TBH I dont really care who wins the tital as long as its a good old fight to the line like its looking to become. The premire league needs this seasons new life to last more than 1 season. yes its the best on the planet and yes we get alot of the best players but its boring at the top.

nealbie

CF Legend
I agree, it's good to see that 8th place down to relegation is really really close! 19 games gone and there's only 5 points difference!

Long may it continue I say!

Brookes

Giga Poster
^^ To be honest I think it will stay as the top 4, just Arsenal will be out of it and Villa will be in it. And Man Utd the cheating bastards! Went Stoke yesterday and Rooney threw an elbow out and Ronaldo lost his temper and kicked out at Wilko, who then got sent off for fouling the cheating portugese prick. They get away with everything and Match of the Day never say anything bad about their "precious top 4". We were all over them aswell, and now it's dumped us in the relegation zone. We were robbed.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Utd are scum and get away with murder, yet say press and FA are against them, even though its clear they love them. They keep going on about the wcc, but they are the only team to take it seriourly and get nobodies in the final. The press love it but called it a friendly tournament when we were there with rererves. Sly Sports (not a typo) love them and alter fixtures for their advantage.
Its wrong what happened to Stoke, but one rule for them another for the rest.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Another great day of footy on the telly. Another clean sheet for Timmy and Duece scored twice against Chelski! Yeah boyee!
Reds are top and if Boro can just put it to ManU tomorrow & Bradley gets a clean sheet v Hull the day after, I'll be delighted heading into the new year (in spite of Spurs
icon_censored.gif
play of late).

nealbie

CF Legend
Every week that Liverpool stay top of the league I begin to become more and more keen on the idea that they're actually going to pull it off and win! :)

Pierre

Strata Poster
I'm pretty confident for tomorrows game actually, we usually take it to the big teams (although we got hammered at Old Trafford last year haha), but yeah, I finish work at 8pm, Boro kicks off at 8pm, straight into the bar for me then?? oh yes...

nealbie

CF Legend
Good luck to your team then, so they can aid Liverpool's title challenge :wink:

And in all fairness if it wasn't for a last gasp winner from us earlier in the season you would have upset Liverpool as well :lol:

A

Anonymous

I hope some players stop acting like babys throwing a strop diveing cheating being a total TWAT and walking off when it isnt going there way. Some managers stop hideing behind there right hand man and some refs and officials start to talk to the press (TV) about some desicions.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
What a game we had! Boro lost to a top four team!
Chavski drew!
Everything unexpected happened.
Going into 2009 top feels wierd wont last, though.
Wish we could win this year to mark the 20th aniversary of modern footballs biggest disaster.
Justice for the 96. Don't buy The S*n.

nealbie

CF Legend
I was quite annoyed with the United - Boro result for obvious reasons.

But I'm 100% certain that just before Berbatov smashed it in, Paul Scholes shoved over a Boro defender in the box right in front of the ref! But seen as it was at Old Trafford it was not given despite Boro protests :( time and time again United just make a mockery of the football system and it makes the game look bad!