What's new

English Football 2008/2009 Season

Dave

CF Legend
ryan462 said:
Well Jaunde Ramos, Gus Poyet and Damien Comolli have all been sacked and Harry Redknapp has came in to hopefully save Spurs ! :?

****ing dirty bunch of london ****s. Theres something dodgy about the Redknapp transfer.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Yeah, the fact it involves Harry Redknapp?

He's a prick, an overrated disloyal lying prick. He leaves Pompey the night before a game, and is picking the Spurs team today. Shocking. Even worse that he tries to justify it by saying that Pompey needed the money, when the Spurs site said Portsmouth only let them speak to him against their will, because he wanted to go.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Yeah it sounded like that this morning that he only left Portsmouth so they could pocket the £5million. I bet he is pocketing a good bit of money for himself too. I don't think he is the type of manager who suits huge club, he is better with a smaller team. Also he is taking a risk today coming in so quickly and already picking the squad. If they lose again will he ake some of the blame.

They said on the news this morning that Tony Adams may move up and take over as boss at Portsmouth.

nealbie

CF Legend
GET IN! 1-0 Liverpool over Chelski!

I really think that the Reds can take the title this year, I'm always pessimistic about this but after beating Manchester United and now Chelsea at the bridge I really do believe that they will go on to win it :--D

And isn't this the first time that the Russians have lost at home in the league since the 2003/2004 season?

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
ciallkennett said:
1-0 Dons! Kevin Gallen scores first touch of the game, and i predicted it :p

Im psychic!
lol, that was pretty funny.

Ciall - "Wouldn't it be funny if Gallen scores straight away?"

Me - "Yeah that would be funny"

2 seconds later

GOAL!

**** game, great result :)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I really am psychic. Ive also predicted 2 fire alarms at our school the day they happened and other stuff :p

We are now upto 4th in league one :D

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Well done Tottenham! This must show that Harry Redknapp is one of, if not, the best managers in English Football.

Tottenham for a European place? :shock:

ryan462

Hyper Poster
COME ON YOU SPURS !

^As said before spurs are no longer bottom after we beat Liverpool who were top of the league and unbeaten this season 2-1 after a Roman Pavlyuchenko 90th minute goal.

Shame the match was on ****ty Setanta.....

What a week for Spurs following the 4-4 after being 4-2 at 89 minutes and best of all STOKE CITY 2 - ARSenal 1

WOOOOHOOOO :--D

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
^ It was a good goal.

Few goals to mention from Keef.

Mansfield freekick off the bar

40 yarder against Watford

The penalty at Wembley :) Those were the days hey (well 3 months ago)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ Yes he does say that, but who would want to say that Mad-dog saved my career? :p

I must also apologize for posting a lot in this topic :p

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I can't believe we are still top. Us and Chavski keep getting the same results, but for how long?
I can't see us winning the league this year, or next, unless we bring in a propper left winger and some decent wing backs. Dossena is awfull, possibly the worst I have ever seen, and the other one is always injured. The one game he has played was against Spurs in the League cup, and he was unbelievablely bad. Now I regret selling Riise, even if he put us out of the CL. There was nothing wrong with Steve Warnock, we should have kept him.

nealbie

CF Legend
I dunno, I think we can win it this year! (he says knowing deep down inside that it's not going to happen)

Usually when we play badly we get nothing and lose the title that way. This year we've taken 6 points of United and Chelski, as well as (by my count) taken 13 extra points despite playing like a non-league side.

So it could be done :) *fingers crossed*