What's new

English Football 2008/2009 Season

Dave

CF Legend
Worst penalty ever from Berbatov.

Go on Everton! Glad Man Utd is out, now we just need to beat them and Liverpool win the title!

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Waheyyy, I'm glad Everton are in the final and not Man Utd.

I dunno what the hell Berbatov was trying, but he failed.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I'm still well and truly on top of the world after yesterday's result!

I was dead happy with the draw originally because I really fancied stopping Man Utd winning all 5 of these trophies they wanted. I thought it was a pretty long shot that we'd succeed, but got it feels good that we did! It was the most satisfying victory for years!

The other really satisfying thing was we actually performed well in a penalty shootout! I was dreading penalties for all of extra time, because I saw us against Fiorentina last year, when we completely lost our bottle, and the same was just destined to happen again. Fortunately Utd lost their nerve instead.

YAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Berbatov's pen. Amazing!!!

Cant' believe we drew, what a game, Arshavin done nothing all game but got 4 goals from some awfull defending, pretty mouch gave United the league now, if there was any doubt left, still we gave them a good run and Fergie has lost the plot. What was that? RAFA'S cracking up? Hahaha!...

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Bugger all, but what is your point? My point is Fergie tried to make Rafa look the loony, but his stupid rant about the game over gesture proves he is losing it. And wow, a Carling Cup, a friendly tournament in Japan and a Charity Sheild, quite an achievement.

Rafa was pointing out to Alonso how he was wrong and Xabi was right, and saying "Don't listen to me, I'm wrong!" If he meant to say game over, he would have done it after the first goal, this is Big Sam's Blackburn we are talking about here.

A

Anonymous

Big Sam the man who trust Bolton Wanderers up into the premier league. Yes hes a stressy git and has a different way but hes a good manager.

Sir Alex yes hes stirring **** but its the norm here.

What would football be without Managers/Players and fans moaning about trivial ****.

The Special one was always mouthing off so do other managers. It's part of the mind games and at times is Pathetic but othertimes can be a giggle.

The Tevez stuff in a way I hope he leaves in a nice way.

The next few matches will be a tight run in.

Lain

Giga Poster
kitsune said:

Doubt it.

Assuming Liverpool win all their remaining games, United only need four wins and a draw from their remaining six.

Those six games are against Tottenham, Middlesbrough, Man City, Wigan, Arsenal and Hull.

Discounting Arsenal, do you honestly expect Man Utd to drop any of those points?

A

Anonymous

There playing lathargic and at times are not fully killing off the game. Maybe they will drop 2 or 3 points but they look to have it. the fight to not drop is gona be tight.

I still have a BIG doubt that they will win the champions league as thats Barcalonas to give away.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Lain said:
kitsune said:

Doubt it.

Assuming Liverpool win all their remaining games, United only need four wins and a draw from their remaining six.

Those six games are against Tottenham, Middlesbrough, Man City, Wigan, Arsenal and Hull.

Discounting Arsenal, do you honestly expect Man Utd to drop any of those points?

Middlesbrough, and Man City isn't a sure fire thing, I know Man City are ****e away a derbys a derby anything can happen (like the Munich Disaster anniversary last season!)

Middlesbrough 2-2 Man Utd 2007/08
Middlesbrough 1-2 Man Utd 2006/07 (There was an F.A Cup game which finished 2-2 at our place same season)
Middlesbrough 4-1 Man Utd 2005/06

We're not to be dismissed against Man Utd!

Arsenal on Sunday, a ground where Boro are unbeaten!! (granted its only been two games which have both finished 1-1 but we'll take that!)

Lain

Giga Poster
Pierre said:

Fair enough. :p

I don't much fancy Boro's chances against Arsenal and Man U, but I do think they'll stay up.

Hull and Newcastle to accompany West Brom back into the Championship methinks.

zcl

Mega Poster
I follow premier league and champion's league. I'm jealous of you guys having easy access to the matches. I don't have anywhere to watch them. Oh and:

manchesterunitedlogo.jpg

clecktown

Roller Poster
Wow, I can't believe I've only just found this topic.
I've missed out on a lot of moaning oppertunities this season!

I don't know if anyone apart from the 13,539 Huddersfield Town fans that turned up today care, but today's (frustratingly bad) 2-2 draw with Brighton was the last home game for a club legend, Andy Booth.

The 36-year old started his career with his hometown club, and bar a 5-year spell in the Premiership with Sheffield Wednesday and a short loan spell at Spurs, he since returned to Town in the latter stages of his career.

Including today's game, he's played 451 games for Town, scoring 149 goals (counting his rising header this afternoon!), and in his total career has made 609 appearances and scored 183 goals.

A win would've been a fitting tribute to the fellow, but he's grabbed his farewell home goal and the whole atmosphere this afternoon was geared towards him, seeing as we have nothing else to play for this season!

With a bit of luck he'll play down at Leyton Orient next weekend for the last game of the season and grab his 150th Town goal before he retires!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I hope Dons get to Wembley now :/ The only problem is, I seem to be a bad luck charm for the Dons this season and I promised myself and others I wouldn't go to another match for the sake of the Dons.

What happens if we got to Wembley...?!?!?! :p

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
We'll be sitting in the 1st tear again, away from the cheap seats :p

And Peter is showing an interest in going too.

Wembley two years in a row...