What's new

English Football 2008/2009 Season

A

Anonymous

ronnys step overs and bull **** is coz hes a twat and loves to show off.

tbh I don't give a crap about if it was just or not

and all teams cheat dive and do there best to **** with teams refs n such.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Lampard's sending off was rubbish & made a difference in the game IMO. It should be rescinded, but a card should have been given for the studs up in that corner kick fracas. Riley might have missed that one, but the linesman surely shouldn't have.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Riley is possibly the worst ref in the league. Not a sending off with Lampard, even if I do hate him, and the corner thing was a red card. We controlled it the card made nearly no difference. Very good game, we played well, Nando got 2, they were awful, Lampard got sent off for nothing. Perfect day!
Wow the relegation battle is tense, so tight, and strange. Never would have expected the league to look like this after 24 games. So close from bottom to top, going to be an exciting season.

A

Anonymous

This season is becoming an all or nothing charge for the title and a charge to stay above the door. If its this close for the rest of the season then DAMN its gona be hot.

Mick Riley is a blinkers ref and only he knows why he does the **** he does.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Of course today is Transfer Deadline day, but of course with the snow closing roads and airports it's going to be very difficult for many deals to get through properly what with medicals and what-not...

Still hoping for a late flurry of activity today though overall :lol:

Emmett

Giga Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
Lampard's sending off was rubbish & made a difference in the game IMO. It should be rescinded, but a card should have been given for the studs up in that corner kick fracas. Riley might have missed that one, but the linesman surely shouldn't have.

I saw the studs incident on the tv last night and couldn't believe both of them missed it. The commentators on the BBC and Irish tv were going nuts. Both Riley and the linesman should be suspended over that decision. I know it was the end of the game but no player should be doing that. I hope the FA throw the book at them both.

It seems now every week the same few refs are making crazy decisions. They all need to be sent back to do some coaching and let the new guys take over.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^When the news guys are Stuart Attwell, I'd rather the old ones...

Bosingwa however should be banned instead of Lampard... For longer...

A

Anonymous

No action will be taken against Bosingwa typical. (WTF it was a damaging moment)

Looks like Arsenal don't have Arshavin.

Kean is back in the lane.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I missed the announcers saying that it was Bosingwa, as I was at the office watching the game with the volume turned down (and no further coverage of the it over here). I did see the incident as it happened, in addition to the replay and he should be banned & fined. I can't believe they would do nothing. :?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
How much did they pay off the FA? You can't get away with that! Lampard's card should be recinded also.
Arshavin will sign in the morning.
Keane has gone. I feel bad about it, he was treated poorly. But then again, when he had opportunities in the team, he was mostly disapointing and did not realy fit in with our play. Should have had more chances, but we sold a player and bought none. Rafa is gone after May, regardless of what happens.
'Robbie Keane, Robbie Keane, his names not ****ing Keano!' Or not...
Oh well dreams don't always work out, he is a top player, but his dream move didn't work.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Glad to see Robbie Keane has moved back to a respectable club. Liverpool ruin career's, Bellamy was actually pretty good until he moved to Liverpool, same with a few of the other players Rafa has bought.

I think the match on the 14th March could prove to be the title decider, come on United!!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It's shame that it didn't work out for Kean as he had hoped, but I'll be glad to see him back at White Hart Lane. :--D
Now maybe Spurs will start putting away some of those many, many chances they have squandered since Keano's (& Berbagod's) departure.

marc

CF Legend
Mixed feeling as a Spurs fan. I like keane and was sad he left but we now have a team up front that did not work. Keane has played with Defoe and Bent but none of them could work together so god knows what will happen. The only time Keane really scored was when he player with the ****er that went to Man U.

Dave

CF Legend
Well as long as our new players play well (I hope) it hopefully should be different.
But im having flashbacks to 2005 when we had really BAD Greek players, makes me shudder when I think of them. But Tony Adams needs to go and replace him with someone with actual managerial knowledge.