What's new

English Football 2008/2009 Season

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Well if I havn't seen Milwall fans then I must have spent all my life living in a dark room with no contact to the outside world. I was talking about Liverpool and Everton, not about any other team, apart from mentioning the abuse Campbell gets from Spurs.
AC and Internacionale have a bad rivalry, remember in the CL when Dida got hit by a flair? Things like that are common place between them, but South America is probably the worst for violence.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I went to the Milan derby once as well, but it must have been a off day as it was quite tame compared to the others I mentioned. I might have thought more of it, as we don't have those kind of rivalries in Germany (or here in the States for that matter), if I hadn't been to the Den & Istanbul before my trip to Milan.
'Tis true about the violence at La Bombonera (or many other Argentine stadiums), but the Istanbul derby was by far the most passionate one.

spicy

Giga Poster
^ So because 'You've seen what they've done first hand' every single Millwall supporter is 'scum' and its not a generalization...?

Ok....thats one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

nealbie

CF Legend
Yeah it is a rather ridiculous generalisation as you say. If he'd have said that a fair few of their supporters are scum that would have been more water tight.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Doesn't matter...

Millwall have done this before and will most likely do it again... I may be generalizing, but problem is it's generally true...

In the same vein, calling chavs theiving scum is a generalization, but it's true...

Hence I'm not the only one making flawed arguements...

spicy

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Millwall have done this before and will most likely do it again... I may be generalizing, but problem is it's generally true...

So you are saying that every Millwall supporter is scum, this includes all the families, women and children that support the football club.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Yes... :roll:

Take it you support them then?

What if I said those that have been involved in the numerous incidents surrounding Millwall instead? Would that calm you down dearie?

spicy

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
What if I said those that have been involved in the numerous incidents surrounding Millwall

Thats what I was looking for.

Nemesis Inferno said:
Take it you support them then?

Yeah and I think you have the wrong idea about the majority of the Millwall fans.

Nemesis Inferno said:
Would that calm you down dearie?

Yeah thanks love.

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Dave said:
Benin, you've not seen Portsmouth vs Southampton then? If you think noise is anything to go by...

Lewis knows how bad the rivalry is.

Yeah, like Dave said, from personal experience it's REALLY bad, the atmosphere is brilliant (electric even) at the 2 Derby games I've been to (Both Southampton wins as well, Dave :p).

Nemesis Inferno said:
^No I haven't, but I'm only giving examples of my experience... Usually we get punch-ups as well... Everyone does rival-wise...

Yeah, but after Portsmouth beat Southampton 4-1 at Fratton Park there was a full scale riot happening throughout the town, most arrests on a match day IIRC and I think a couple 13 year old Pompey fans got arrested. Then the Pompey fans did beat up a Paediatrician because they thought he was a Paedophile, but thats a different story.... :lol:

Aerith

Mega Poster
tis a good thing Chelsea V Crystal Palace didn't happen :lol:

chelsea would have made mince meat of CP!

A

Anonymous

Charlton 1 Palace 0

Is this a restart from charlton or is rthis just palace ****ing up

Norwich 2 Southhampton 2

Are saints gonig to kick on from here