What's new

Energylandia's Future Additions

JoshC.

Strata Poster
For some reason I didn't expect that track style. But nice to see it.

Also, speaking of Energylandia and the future, the park are ramping up their Halloween event and adding in three scare attractions this year for the first time.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
For some reason I didn't expect that track style. But nice to see it.

Also, speaking of Energylandia and the future, the park are ramping up their Halloween event and adding in three scare attractions this year for the first time.
The theming for halloween was park wide in September, and was looking pretty damn good too... Far better than any UK park’s halloween theming.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
How do we know that isn't the tilt coaster with the Gravity Max track-style, rather than the mine train?

I'm guessing it probably is the mine train, and I know I've said this before but I'm also assuming it's the standard 785m layout since Energylandia like their Vekoma clones.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
How do we know that isn't the tilt coaster with the Gravity Max track-style, rather than the mine train?

I'm guessing it probably is the mine train, and I know I've said this before but I'm also assuming it's the standard 785m layout since Energylandia like their Vekoma clones.
The original design brief said minimum 3 lift hills so maybe not the standard model. There were some rumours this would feature a switch track and a backwards section (I've seen videos of Vekoma mine train models that feature this so it's not out of the question) but I've not seen any concrete info either way.

Edit: and of course some of the Disney Vekoma mine trains have switchbacks too.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The EU money was greatly exaggerated
I honestly don’t know how this is still spoken about as if it’s rumour and not public knowledge. Their very own web site explains their subsidies... Around 17.5M Euros... A drop in the ocean compared to what has been invested in the park since...

Attachments

• 95964B38-8873-4D0A-862B-C6EA76C80C37.png
    95964B38-8873-4D0A-862B-C6EA76C80C37.png
    374.5 KB · Views: 63

Maldo_Krm

Roller Poster
I honestly don’t know how this is still spoken about as if it’s rumour and not public knowledge. Their very own web site explains their subsidies... Around 17.5M Euros... A drop in the ocean compared to what has been invested in the park since...

It's regarding the first co-funding program, during the early years of building energylandia. Now they're finishing building up offers from the program of development during 2014-2020 period. Eg. They've got 10 mln EUR fund for Zadra and 11 mln EUR for Aqualantis. It's visible on gov websites, though only in Polish.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It's regarding the first co-funding program, during the early years of building energylandia. Now they're finishing building up offers from the program of development during 2014-2020 period. Eg. They've got 10 mln EUR fund for Zadra and 11 mln EUR for Aqualantis. It's visible on gov websites, though only in Polish.
Thanks for that info. My point still stands though, people act like this is all a bit dodgy and underhand when it’s actually a matter of public knowledge. They’re doing nothing wrong and are not hiding the fact.

As an EU tax paying citizen (for now) I personally see this as one of the more successful EU funding projects. It’s clearly benefiting the local economy no end, creating local jobs and providing leisure activities to millions. And I don’t say that purely as an enthusiast either.

Maldo_Krm

Roller Poster
The owner is an enthusiast himself, and has visited over 100 parks worldwide AFAIK. It's great to see that he's not seeing it only as an income, but also family-built piece made with passion. Glad to see that every single aspect of this park is improving year by year. Enthusiast complain that it has lots of kiddie coasters, but visitors with children are more than happy with it, as kids say it's the best park out there. Keep in mind that as for now it's just 1/5 of its target size, which is planned to be reached in 2024 season.