What's new

Efteling | Baron 1898 | B&M Dive Coaster

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Efteling to get B&M Dive Coaster for 2015!

ignace said:
The layout posted here isn't correct. The coaster will have a inversion. Efteling released the image to show the location, but the layout is different and longer compared to Krake.

Source: Efteling.

Link?

ignace

Mega Poster

Lofty said:
^ You've not sourced any link in?

People asked questions about the layout on facebook, and Efteling responded - in Dutch. Looopings has an article on it, based entirelly about wat Efteling said on Facebook. I wouldn't post some rumoures.

http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/2397/Eft ... tbaan.html

(first sentence of the article: "no worries, this isn't the definitive layout of the new Dive coaster in the Efteling." It just shows the location)

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Google translate suggests that 'Hoogmoed' means 'pride'. Perhaps this makes a tiny bit more sense, but not much.
<3 at the idea of a drop in a tunnel an <3 at a mine theme.

jj23w

Hyper Poster

Someone I know that works at Alton towers today met one of the directors of Efteling today.

Spoke to one of the directors for Efteling at work today, he was seeing how Oblivion operates ahead of the new dive coaster in 2015! From what he said it sounds stunning!

So basically it has been confirmed now to be B&M but is being built at the main manufacturing plant.

jj23w

Hyper Poster

Spoke to one of the directors for Efteling at work today, he was seeing how Oblivion operates ahead of the new dive coaster in 2015! From what he said it sounds stunning!

That's what he said. Efteling are going to make it good with the theming I'm sure.

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

Your post has infuriated me to the point of actually using my previously dormant account.

andrus said:
I 100% agree with you on this! I beleive Efteling is the single most expensive park in Europe (entry and parking included)

Wrong. Efteling gate price = E35. Or £27 according to OANDA.

Let's compare that to Phantasialand E45 (£33) Alton Towers? £48 I believe. Thorpe Park? £45.

So no, not even close to being "the single most expensive park in Europe", and that is an absolutely tiny, minute selection of parks to compare with.

andrus said:
But it severely lacks in rides!

There are more quality rides in Efteling than there is in the whole of your country, Sweden.

andrus said:
It really only got Vliegende Hollander (which is awesome!) and Joris and de Draak (which is ok), but other than that there are only crap...

Droomvlucht is one of the most staggering dark rides I have ever seen in my life. Followed up closely by Fata Morgana. Even John Wardley speaks highly of Fata Morgana at the Nemesis 20th Anniversary event and he has created some of the best rides on earth.

Joris en de Draak is more than just "ok", it is one of the most aesthetically beautiful structures I have ever seen, when viewed from over the other side of the lake at sunset, the layout is great fun and the airtime is punchy for such a small coaster. No, it isn't Balder, but what it is, is both a beautiful, well balanced and ultimately wonderful ride designed with families in mind but also to deliver thrills, and a fantastic example of why Europe needs more new wooden coasters and especially CGI wooden racers.

It's also one of the best rides to watch from the sidelines.

Yes the thrill rides lack, but my god man you cannot be so blinkered as to ignore the others. Even their Vekoma spinning room is wonderful.

andrus said:
The only thrill ride they got is a rough, old Vekoma Cork Screw

(Joris en de Draak, Vogel Rok, Vliegende Hollander, Pirate Ship, Bobsleigh coaster [forgot name]). Not as many as others, but not at all limited to "a rough [not even half as rough as some others] old [hardly that old] Vekoma Corkscrew.

andrus said:
talk about low value for money!!

I'd love to, but it would be wrong for me to take this thread off topic with musings about Merlin Entertainments and Disneyland.

If we are talking about de Efteling? You get one of the most beautifully landscaped parks in the world, with some of the best customer service in the industry, some of the cheapest in park purchases, wonderful real heritage, attention to detail the likes we have never, ever experienced in the UK, and a wonderfully eclectic mix of rides, most of which are pretty hard to find, especially in Europe as parks rip out their older hardware and replace them with shiny new structures, I don't believe there is an operating Vekoma Corkscrew anywhere in the UK now since the ones at Alton Towers and Flamingoland closed down. The closest you get is the two corkscrew elements as a statue in the entrance to Alton. Painted purple at that. To say nothing of the donkey that craps sweets for 1 euro

andrus said:
Even tough they're a children/family park, I would have expected at least one decent thrill ride..

You got at least 5, and some of the best dark rides in Europe. What more do you want for a price not far off of being HALF the price of Alton Towers.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I don't believe there is an operating Vekoma Corkscrew anywhere in the UK now since the ones at Alton Towers and Flamingoland closed down.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I agree with you that Efteling is a great park, but it's the atmosphere, landscaping and quirky dark rides that make it that, not the thrill rides as the selection really isn't great. The fact that you've resorted to listing a pirate ship in the "top five" is testament to that.

As far as coasters go, Joris en de Draak is good, just good. Vogel Rok is ok for what it is. Vliegende Hollander has an amazing station and is great as a dark ride; as a coaster though, it's poor. The bobsled I didn't even remember until you mentioned it, and Python is outdated and dull.

They're missing a world-class coaster; hopefully this new one will fill that gap.

I loved Efteling as a whole, but the coaster selection is currently poor.

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

gavin said:
I don't believe there is an operating Vekoma Corkscrew anywhere in the UK now since the ones at Alton Towers and Flamingoland closed down.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I agree with you that Efteling is a great park, but it's the atmosphere, landscaping and quirky dark rides that make it that, not the thrill rides as the selection really isn't great. The fact that you've resorted to listing a pirate ship in the "top five" is testament to that.

As far as coasters go, Joris en de Draak is good, just good. Vogel Rok is ok for what it is. Vliegende Hollander has an amazing station and is great as a dark ride; as a coaster though, it's poor. The bobsled I didn't even remember until you mentioned it, and Python is outdated and dull.

They're missing a world-class coaster; hopefully this new one will fill that gap.

I loved Efteling as a whole, but the coaster selection is currently poor.

I fail to see how you could have come to the conclusion that I was hoping for debate on this matter. Efteling is a great park, period.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Gavin is quite right that the park lacks a true 'world-class' coaster, because whilst Joris is fun and easily the best ride in the park, for those who only care about thrills there's clearly nothing in the park that would cater in the same way a B&M will...

Even if a B&M is perhaps the most randomest choice for the park ever mind...

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

Nemesis Inferno said:
Gavin is quite right that the park lacks a true 'world-class' coaster, because whilst Joris is fun and easily the best ride in the park, for those who only care about thrills there's clearly nothing in the park that would cater in the same way a B&M will...

Even if a B&M is perhaps the most randomest choice for the park ever mind...

Gavin is wrong.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^Name one world-class coaster.

The woodie is the best thing there, and it's not even the best woodie in The Netherlands.

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

gavin said:
^Name one world-class coaster.

The woodie is the best thing there, and it's not even the best woodie in The Netherlands.

No. I am not here to justify my opinion to you. You are wrong, to me, it is as simple as that.

Darren B

Giga Poster

^You need to get over yourself and respect the fact that people have an opinion. And without trying to kiss Gavin's arse I respect his opinion a lot more than I do yours, purely because he's travelled the world and experienced more than most.

Also, nobody is being negative about the the park; Infact, quite the opposite. But the park DOESN'T have a great coaster lineup. All you need to do is look at various coaster polls to see that this is the opinion of the most travelled enthusiasts in the world. So stop being so defensive and allow people to have an opinion without telling them they're wrong all the time.

Darren B

Giga Poster

^You need to get over yourself and respect the fact that people have an opinion. And without trying to kiss Gavin's arse I respect his opinion a lot more than I do yours, purely because he's travelled the world and experienced more than most.

Also, nobody is being negative about the the park; Infact, quite the opposite. But the park DOESN'T have a great coaster lineup. All you need to do is look at various coaster polls to see that this is the opinion of the most travelled enthusiasts in the world. So stop being so defensive and allow people to have an opinion without telling them they're wrong all the time.

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

Darren B said:

I neither care nor place value on who you respect or why.

My opinion is my opinion, I will NEVER justify why I hold them and I will NEVER allow anyone to dissuade me.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

joshuadrooney said:
No. I am not here to justify my opinion to you. You are wrong, to me, it is as simple as that.

If you can't back up your opinion, that Efteling has a world-class coaster collection, which is the only disagreement anyone has, then you clearly know you're wrong.

Name one world-class coaster at Efteling. You won't because you can't without looking like an idiot.

Why are you even here? All you've done since you signed up - due to being personally incensed at someone's opinion of a theme park, which is pathetic - is be deliberately obnoxious and refuse to engage with anything.

You're either just a pathetic troll, or some whole new kind of "special".