What's new

Efteling | Baron 1898 | B&M Dive Coaster

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Efteling to get B&M Dive Coaster for 2015!

Seriously guys we know he's an idiot, and replying to him will give him the attention he so desperately needs in life. Like Sue said can one of the moderators just lock him? He's using up forum space.

I know it's ironic coming from me, but let's just ignore what he posts from now on? He'll get bored.

Ready_23

Roller Poster

He seems to be moving round the coaster forums. Came across him on TT a few months ago, funnily enough his posts were of a similar nature.

He made outlandish statements then when someone disagreed it became a personal attack.

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

Ethan said:
Seriously guys we know he's an idiot, and replying to him will give him the attention he so desperately needs in life. Like Sue said can one of the moderators just lock him? He's using up forum space.

I know it's ironic coming from me, but let's just ignore what he posts from now on? He'll get bored.

That's not very nice at all, is it?

Report filed.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Efteling is one of my favorite parks and I'm a MASSIVE fan but I agree it doesn't have a great coaster line up. That said, Joris is my favorite woodie. I haven't been on many, but I still prefer it over coasters like Balder, Twister, Troy and Wodan, so that has to count for something. Vogel Rok is a really fun indoor coaster but not amazing. Bob is enjoyable and unique, but again, not great. Python is meh and Vliegende Hollander is one of the best themed rides I've ever seen, but as a coaster it's pretty bad.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster

Mysterious Sue said:
Can someone please lock this ****, it's just getting offensive now.
This is supposed to be a thread about the wonderful Efteling and their exciting new B&M.
Everyone has a "goons" list in their user control panel. I suggest that everyone just adds the cretin to the list and then gets on with their day. Trolls aren't a problem if you can't see their posts.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I'm not going to lock this topic again so simply ignore the trolling. I am dealing.

Back on topic, please :)

sparky2u

Mega Poster

A Dive Coaster will be a good addition at Efteling, I hope new elements (vertical loop, corkscrew, heartline roll) will be added instead of the normal ones & they will do justice to the theming.

nadroJ

CF Legend

I'm kind of between opinions on this. Ultimately, I feel like if they hide lots of the track (with trees, or a Nemesis style quarry) and really theme up the station and trains, then this can be both fantastic AND fit into the theme as a whole. Look at the Dutchman, most of the ride is unseen and it works. Because ultimately, coaster track is ugly, especially in a setting like Efteling where only wooden coasters don't stick out like a sore thumb.

Hopefully it will be good, but I think we have to appreciate the fact that the park is under new management and that means that we will see things going in a slightly different direction. How they handle this latest instalment will be a gauge of the competence of this new management. Hopefully they don't do an Eisner.

Lofty

CF Legend

^ I totally agree about the aesthetic of coaster tracks, in a park that's surrounded by woodland and actually meant to be 'rustic' and 'fantasy' at it's base, having big steel track is hard to cohesively marry together.

I'm truly hopeful for this project, I hope their theme is completed to a true Efteling standard. Excited.

Gazza

Giga Poster

joshuadrooney said:
Gazza said:
Personally I don't really see a B&M as an odd choice, and in fact I reckon it's a good fit and about time. They've certainly got the money for one and plenty of examples of well themed B&Ms.

I see it kinda like how Phantasialand finally got Black Mamba or Dollywood Finally got Wild Eagle.

Your post smacks of someone who has never been to Efteling, let alone has any respect for the heritage and culture surrounding it.

A dive machine is a classier ride than Python.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

My confusion is this - a Dive Machine is an expensive piece of kit. Why would you spend out all that money to divert attention away from the hardware. Because I expect this to be heavily themed. It might not be, though.

People can use the excuse of capacity all they like, but B&M are an odd choice for a park like Efteling no matter which way you cut it.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

A lot of people saying that a B&M is a weird choice, but all parks with B&Ms, or coasters from other expensive manufacturers, had to start somewhere. When Alton Towers got Nemesis, I can imagine that would be weird, with its countryside setting and off-the-shelf rides. In 10-20 years perhaps Efteling will be full of B&M/Intamin coasters etc.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

^Maybe they'll get a fully enclosed intamin mega lite <3 :--D . That would be awesome.

On a more realistic note, I think a spinning coaster with indoor and outdoor sections would suit Efteling well, possibly even something like the new Arthur ride at Europa Park.

But I personally think that Efteling was in desperate need of a good thrill coaster and I believe they'll pull of the theming on this dive machine really well, making it a spectacular ride.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ I've also imagined Efteling getting a spinner too, something like Winja's...

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

Efteling weren't "desperate" for anything. You have no idea what you are talking about.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

An opinion can't be wrong - as long as it is well thought out and backed by a decent argument, any opinion is valid. You're thinking about facts.

A dive machine certainly makes me warm to Efteling more. I'm one of the few people who truly appreciates a park for the aesthetics, but I also want something to thrill me if possible too.

Efteling was probably in my top 10 parks to visit with the family. With this it will go to top 10 parks to visit for any reason. There's a subtle difference. I adore visiting a gorgeous park for a chill out with the family. I merely enjoy them with "enthusiast company". If there's a thrill ride it offers nothing for the family, but it can elevate the park when I visit with enthusiasts :)

joshuadrooney

Roller Poster

furie said:
An opinion can't be wrong - as long as it is well thought out and backed by a decent argument, any opinion is valid. You're thinking about facts.

Yes it can, as it is when people state that Efteling need a B&M.

furie said:
A dive machine certainly makes me warm to Efteling more. I'm one of the few people who truly appreciates a park for the aesthetics, but I also want something to thrill me if possible too.

That's a real shame. I can only suggest you investigate a new park that suits your needs.

furie said:
Efteling was probably in my top 10 parks to visit with the family. With this it will go to top 10 parks to visit for any reason. There's a subtle difference. I adore visiting a gorgeous park for a chill out with the family. I merely enjoy them with "enthusiast company". If there's a thrill ride it offers nothing for the family, but it can elevate the park when I visit with enthusiasts :)

Again, you need to look at going to a different park, if it is not to your tastes. There are parks out there specifically for people who's interest in theme parks starts and finishes at "roller coaster".

A real shame Efteling have made this decision, but I can at least boycott riding it for the rest of time.