What's new

Efteling | Baron 1898 | B&M Dive Coaster

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Efteling to get B&M Dive Coaster for 2015!

Imagine how well they could theme it if they had a Verbolten style coaster <3

MouseAT

Hyper Poster

Ian said:
I have it on good authority that the dive coaster will be made by Zierer, not B&M as we all assume.
That might not be such a bad thing. Zierer seem to have made some cracking rides recently.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Mysterious Sue said:
Joey said:
I don't understand why a park like efteling would pick a b&m over a gerst? But I'm glad.
Because Efteling is run as a charity and is more concerned with quality for its guests and longevity of a ride than short-term cost saving for its shareholders. This is why they can build the world's most expensive dark ride, keep hold of old rides and nurture them and blow 2 million on a restaurant upgrade (thanks Peep for that fact). It's incomparable to a chain like Merlin.
<\fangirlrant>
But Merlin are buying B&Ms left right and centre, too.

Honestly, think about it more objectively, what are you really getting with a B&M dive machine over a Gerst Eurofighter?

B&M:
Capacity (Is THIS why? Both Efteling and Gardaland have insane attendance)
Longevity
Reliability

Gerst:
Cheaper
More customisation (potentially greater capacity if required??)
More variety in layout and ride experience
Lower height restriction
More intense ride experience possible

Perhaps Gerst's less than impressive track record is catching up with them now. Maybe Smiler was a bit of a nail in the coffin? Are there any new rides from them this season?

jj23w

Hyper Poster

Gerstlauer have Firechaser Express and Rewind Racers at Adventure City in California.
B&M have Banshee Flug Der Parrot coaster and this one and the Gardaland one. They do still produce flying coasters because there is one being built at Xishuangbana in China there just not a main priority like wing coasters are. I agree that The Smiler was the nail on the head for Gerstalauer but they are getting more and more popular with rumors of Adventure Island getting one for their family theme park. I think they are starting to get a name like B&M and Intamin have in the theme park world.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

^ and Gerst have the hyper at Hansa for 2015 too, so branching out.

jj23w

Hyper Poster

Didn't know about the hyper for hansa. Now a days dive machines are not popular as such but I hope this makes dive coasters popular do you think it's going to be floorless or with a floor and what restraints are being used for this ride .

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

Looopings.nl said that they have discovered the location and theming of the ride. They say it will be located behind De Vliegende Hollander and the ride will be themed as an old Dutch coal mine with the lift and drop of the ride being tucked away in a mine shaft.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

hierkomtie194414.jpg

Source: http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/2377/Eft ... ander.html

Which is here for those who can't imagine such things.

So it seems this actually will be a B&M judging by comments made by the park.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Dont forget, Gerst have built this beaut this year:

dv9ibhet2000kmngeh7egp.jpg

They've actually opened 4 of them this year, that's branching out ;)

Lofty

CF Legend

^ That's possible the cutest thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Looks like we have one of the new layouts then!

ZUVXmIQ.jpg

w3CYszD.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend

Mysterious Sue said:
Aww I think Lofty's post just got trumped!
As always ;)

^ That's not a new layout, it's actually one of the very first, original layout concepts for the Dive Machine patent if I can remember correctly.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Ah okay, by bad!
Just doesn't look quite right without the turn after the lift </3 Might look amazing when the drop is concealed in a tower!

Ethan

Strata Poster

Minor update, there is a document of the building elevations online!

LfQkAo7.jpg

KristofWB

Hyper Poster

This new coaster will obviously have a mine-theme. Looking very forward to this one, because I'm such a sucker for typical Efteling theming :D

Anyway, if we may believe Looopings, the working title for this dive coaster is 'Hoogmoed'. Now I don't know how to translate it to English, but it is Dutch for: 'haughtiness' or 'high-hat'.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ A coaster themed to arrogance? I love it.

ignace

Mega Poster

The layout posted here isn't correct. The coaster will have a inversion. Efteling released the image to show the location, but the layout is different and longer compared to Krake.

Source: Efteling.