What's new

Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Dollywood 2012

Firstly, is Dollywood (PR from the parj that is) actually Dollywood ir just a troll....my troll detector is buzzing a bit cant tell....

Secondly, there is a difference in the spine size between all the b&m track? If its gonna be a first for america, that could still bring in any type of b&m cause they havent a terrain coaster that goes underground excessively (if that is what happens). Personally, id love a flyer or wing walker cause that would be closer then **** Italy (too much cost for a trip). Only issue i could see coming for the wing walker would be the mass amount of foilage needed to be removed and stabalizing of tunnles being too much.

Guess we will see though. Will they be streaming the announcement online cause that would be epic and full of win.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^Dollywood is legit.

I've got images of Dolly herself, at arms length, typing the comments.

I've got nothing to add to the topic really, except to say that Dollywood is an absolutely stunning park, one of my favourites, and I'm sure that whatever this is will turn out brilliantly.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

@Intricks: the spine has nothing to do with the type of the coaster. Instead, the spine gets thicker where forces are higher. Compare the top of the bunny hill with the bottom of the first drop:

2bno6o0rb15omn7117c006.jpg

I think the only way to tell may be by the ties attaching the rails to the spine. They may wrap around the spine a bit more on certain models, but I'm not certain. I do know for sure that the type of ride can be determined by a code on the part's shipping label.

madhjsp

Giga Poster

The only kind of ride that we can definitively rule out is a dive machine, which has much larger track than what we see in the picture. The rest of the rides all have track that, as far as I can tell, is of very similar spine and rail size.

The only other thing we have to go on is that the track is concave. The only places that this would occur on an invert would be at the crest of the lift (which this track clearly isn't) and at the top of a bunny hill (which isn't common to these types). So it's unlikely to be an invert.

This track could be part of a prezel loop, so a flyer's not out of the question. Then for the rest of their sitting types, concave track is common, so it could be any of them as well.

CPcisco

Mega Poster

Alright everyone, I believe it's time for a little B&M track style 101.

B&M uses two types of track ties, these are the parts of the track that connect the rails to the box spine. These two types are either Curved Tie or Straight Tie. B&M Flyers and Inverts are the only coaster type to use the curved ties, all others use straight ties. Here are some examples:

Talon (Invert)
Notice how the ties curve towards the box spine.
cir9o2ru00262geruj601m.jpg

Source: RCDB

Manta (Flyer)
Again notice the curve towards the box spine.
ceho10nk000cr0tnt6c8ma.jpg

Diamondback (Mega Coaster)
Notice how these ties lack the curve towards the box spine and instead go straight towards it.
8qpjm00067geruj60bbi8g.jpg

Hydra (Floorless Coaster)
Again notice the straight ties like on Diamondback.
i51pg1g0s2f00001is3mvk.jpg

Raptor (Wingrider)
The wingrider design also uses straight ties.
dkpe5i8n8000d10tnt6c11.jpg

I think that is enough to show that this can not be flyer or invert track, and that it is instead Hyper, Floorless, or Wingrider track.

On that note, I am throwing my hat in with the Wingrider crowd, as it would be the "First of it's kind in the US", and the tag on the track has a "WI" in the parts number. This number on other coasters has had a "DM" for Sheikra, and "MC" for both Diamondback and Intimidator.

andrus

Giga Poster

^Plus the spine on a dive machine is wider and the spine on a hyper is deeper (as you can see in your Diamondback picture). If I recall correctly the spine of Raptor was generally bigger than normal sit down box-spine as well, which this coaster also seem have. But it's hard to tell from those pictures..

Intricks

Strata Poster

@gavin - then i will resend my previous question asking if that was a troll.

@Dollywood - HI! Seriously need to come to your park soon :D Sorry for thinking you were just some anonymous trolling the board :-(

@the rest about thw b&m spine thing - Ok! Thanks for clarifying that cause a couple of the posts made me confused and wonder if there was a spine size difference per ride (think the statement was that WI spine is more rectangular than the rest of b&m). Learned something new today :D

Back to topic though, if we are certain that its a wing rider, then i still worry about cost a little bit, plus the restriction on riders of certain weight and above (heard that people over a certain weight....250-300...cant really fit the harness and thus cant ride). Amazing if we get it, sucks if i wont be able to ride it *cries*

andrus

Giga Poster

I just recalled that Krake at Heide Park also had a normal sit-down spine but slightly bigger. That means that this theoretically could be track for a junior dive machine as well, although I doubt that..

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^^Apparently the issue is with the seat belt, not the restraint itself. You know that extra, redundant, belt that clips to the main restraint on a lot of coasters. On Raptor, that belt is really short and can't be adjusted, so if it was made longer, or adjustable, it should be far less of a problem.

Yeah, a coaster that's not too forgiving on the "slightly larger" sized guests would not be a good fit for Dollywood. I don't think I've even seen as many "walks of shame" as I did there.

Dollywood

Roller Poster

I could understand how you would think that someone might be trolling around! Trust me, as soon as we can share more detail we will! Until then, by all means keep the theories/ideas coming!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

I'm still feeling America's first B&M Wing Rider. It fits perfectly with the cloud teasers you have been providing Dollywood. The other Wing Riders being built already feature extensive theming, which has always been a strong suit of the park as well.

It just feels like a natural fit!

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Re: Dollywood 2012

Dollywood said:
I could understand how you would think that someone might be trolling around! Trust me, as soon as we can share more detail we will! Until then, by all means keep the theories/ideas coming!

Yep. Its unavoidable to be wary. Hmm, the wording of the last sentence makes me ponder if you are watching this thread not to just tease us and see what wacky theories we come up with, but get a community feedback for ideas for the ride as well. I could be looking too deep into it though lol.

To the resrraints, ive only had to do one walk of shame and thats cause the inverters big boy seats arent low enough for me. My shoulders still hit the restraint with me sitting up (this was on Steel Venom at Geauga Lake). Almost didnt makr it on Diamondback (was one click shy of green light and the lady doing seat checks basically leg dropped the handlw bar to make it click lol). So im certain if i can fit CFs restraint policy, i should be able to for a Wing Rider. Heres hoping though.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

By the sounds of it, this is going to be a wingrider. Should be good for Dollywood with it being the first of it's kind in the USA.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Now that sounds impressive! The track and supports are pretty much the same colours as the new invert for France are they not? Not that it's a bad thing, I love those colours.

The blue will look really nice against the trees and the sky.

Intricks

Strata Poster

That sounds freaking epic! First concern though, would be about the seats and the amount of g's they will take at the bottom of the hill. Wouldnt that also make it the worlds tallest loop as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.