What's new

Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dollywood 2012

I view Dollywood as a very traditional "all American" park.

July 4th is coming up, that's when I expect them to make an announcement.

So, July 4th + All American + "The skys not the limit" slogan + Wing-Rider track = Some kind of Eagle themed coaster.

Just a hunch.

Eagle themed trains would be beastly.

fvrhe9r23c000caramil51.jpg

But on steroids obviously. (Is that even an eagle?)

^ Nope those ones are cranes.

This coaster have a great opportunity to turn out into something great, the setting looks ace, judging by the theming of the rest of Dolly wood then it will most likely be good as well, I can't wait to see the press release for this ride...

Awesome! I wasn't expecting a 4th B&M (I know PA's isn't confirmed yet) so this is a great surprise especially if it turns out to be a Wing Rider! Definitely puts Dollywood much higher on parks that I want to visit so hopefully the theming and landscaping will be amazing, which it probably will be.

Ian said:
Or I could be having a stroke.

Don't say it too loud otherwise we'll all want one ;)

If it's just going to be PR hype I'll wait for the CF Tweet announcing it.

^ I'm going to put my eagle theory on Facbook later so it can be rubbished by everybody, ending in further embarrassment for myself when it's proved to be total bollocks.

Ian, I think you might be stretching on the eagle, but Dollywood is in "Amurica" so it might fit. The track is quite large, not standard B&M size. Everything just screams wing-walker. My hope is that this will be intense, and not a smooth, senses ride like I assume Raptor to be. The theming will be top notch, regardless, based on the park

marc said:
To me it sounds like it will be a Flyer now.

The track isn't B&M Flyer/Invert track, it is their sit-down style track. This is based off of track tie design.

^Dolly, is that you? Sing Jolene!

with the new "the sky is not the limit" and its supposed to be 11ft tall im really wondering what type of coaster this could be!
B&M have never done any launch coasters (save hulk) and that was with tires, i doubt they would have numerous of these, so it must be some sort of terrain coaster!
i cant wait to hear about this!

^ The "11ft tall" bit was a typo.

I'm still it's going to be eagle themed. Either way, from riding Dollywood's other coasters, I'm expecting something pretty damn decent.

^ oh really? lol haha i was thinking 11 ft didnt sound right.
but yeah dollywood do seem to always have good rides, and with a B&m coming (hopefully) i dont see much space to go wrong.

Come on, Dolly, when can we expect the announcement?

It has to be July 4th!

The anticipation to this announcement is going to be lots of fun :)

From WBIR...

Dollywood also plans to announce their new attraction for 2012 during Boomsday.

The Boomsday festival will take place on Sunday, September 4, 2011.

Hahaha, September 4th is my birthday! :D

Now I'm expecting something mega!

Hopefully they'll be a few more sneaky photos of track arriving soon to help pass the three months!

Status
Not open for further replies.