What's new

Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like the way Dollywood themes their rides, it's part of what makes it such a quirky and unique park. I don't think a mountain-themed park would be possible any other way. And I like the eagle trains. I think the exposed part sort of blends in, and I think that you're going to be looking at that awesome eagle so much that you won't even notice it. I know that when I first saw the train pictures, I was thinking "Man, those eagles are sweet!" and it took me a while to even notice that the exposed part was there. I also think that the colors of the eagle will look nice on that blue track.

I'm pretty sure this was brought up earlier in the topic, but this is all I can think about when I see the Wild Eagle trains. :?

kogvka0he9q23c0009n5hr.jpg

http://www.rcdb.com/4312.htm?p=23709

2012Jarrett said:
I actually like the way Dollywood themes their rides, it's part of what makes it such a quirky and unique park. I don't think a mountain-themed park would be possible any other way.
I really like the design of the station (and various other Dollywood buildings) but I don't think the trains have 'got it' - not really quirky enough for me.

According to In The Loop who interviewed Pete Owens of Dollywood, the first test run of Wild Eagle was done today

Video from the first test run (or so they say):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KLAUG7KsiU[/youtube]

It looks rather slow and boring IMO. Sure it looks elegant and great against the backdrop but hey, it's a coaster, not a scenic railway!

The first drop and loop seem to haul ass. Thats amazing for its first test run.
The rest of the layout seemed a little slow, but with all the inversions hidden behind the tress, you couldn't really tell. Plus, its just started testing, so I'd assume its going to run faster through those inversions later on.

It's kinda the same thing Nic was talking about with The Swarm, it seems so slow, but it is in it's first test run. Once this thing warms up, it'll be insane. But that's my opinion.

That looks pretty cool! I'm sure it's better than it looks, too, as you have the amazing view added to the ride experience. It definitely reminded me of an eagle flying around the mountaintops. This makes me even more excited to ride this when I go in August!

Looks pretty good, i'm sure it'll be much more impressive onride, especially in the summer and fall, just the view from the top of the lift is stunning. Also the train design is growing on me, I didn't notice the wing design behind the seats from the pictures before.

<3 Can't wait to ride this opening day.

Seriously, for a first (allegedly) test run, the only coaster that I know that straight raped with speed was Tatsu, and well, let's be honest, the pretzel on that is still immaculate. This had good speed, and honestly, the zero-g and immelman looked absolutely perfect speed. Sure it won't be super intense (I'm betting) but it will still be a blast.

Since the train is that heavy, it absolutely looks like it's hauling. I'm excited! And If that zero-g has a good amount of floater I'll be in love.

I'll be on you early May baby <3

You guys have to realize that the dynamics of the ride need to be graceful and deliberate. You're not going to get a ride like Maverick due to the width of Wild Eagle's trains. I don't expect the pacing to increase too much on this or any of the other wing coasters being built right now.

ALL OF THE DUMMIES HAVE LOST THEIR LIMBS!!!!!!!

<ahem>

It looks slightly better than the other wing walkers in terms of speed, but as UC says it looks fast at the start then dies off. Anyone expecting this to be a powerful coaster has got the wrong idea about them I think? It's about a "ride experience" not constant unrelenting forces. It looks lovely going around the trees and stuff and I'll bet it's great fun to ride, but I doubt the pace will ever really pick up and make this as amazing as people seem convinced it's going to be. It's bound to be a great coaster to ride, but don't over-excite yourselves and expect more, you're just going to end up sad and disappointed.

From the testing video it looks like the front three coaches do not have eagles. Is this because they have not been added yet?
I really hope the have not been added yet (In the testing video) because it would look out of place if the first three coaches do not have eagles and the rest do.
edd8f098.jpg

It's a bit of a mixed bag review-wise. I really like them, as they feel comfortable but give enough to allow some degree of freedom, more akin to less-restrictive flyer restraints; others think they're far too tight. Sucks that you can't put your arms up either really.

Status
Not open for further replies.