What's new

Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Are people serious? This beast is not crawling at all, it flies through the layout (except for maybe the zero g) and that first drop along with the vertical loop just looks amazing.

marc

CF Legend
Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

UC said:
How are the restraints on these things?

This was spoken about in the swam topic.

Some found them fine others found they hurt collar bones until the coaster moved. I found they dug in at 1st but were then ok.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Oh my god....they have the eagle ready to ship. Looks AMAZING! Stats are a 50ft wingspan and 800lbs.

429470_10150565402106527_543551526_9236778_512403036_n.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
That eagle...is...AWESOMESAUCE!!!! It'll look great sitting outside the entrance of the ride. The only complaint I have is that it looks a bit industrial for a mountain-themed ride. Ah, well, it's still epic.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Thekingin64 said:
The wings already look rusted though.
Really...? :roll:

Looks incredible, can't wait to see it installed at the park! :D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^It's an eagle... eagles are generally brown...
Bald+Eagle+bird.jpg

;)

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
^I knew that. I was just saying the colour of the brown looks like rust. If it was a bit darker then it would be fine.

How are the restraints on these things?

Decent.. For my height I found they hugged my body perfectly and didn't hinder the experience or anything.

This thing looks pretty good. I can't say I'm in a huge rush to ride it, but that eagle is phenomenal :p

B&MintaminGCI

Roller Poster
It is rust, he made the eagle so the body would rust out and turn brown like the eagle, while the head and stuff would remain stainless so it would have the true "Bald Eagle" feel.

Lofty

CF Legend
That Eagle is amazing.

WHY IS IT BROWN?! THAT LOOKS HORRIBLE BECAUSE IT'S RUSTY - Yes, I'm being sarcastic!

Lofty

CF Legend
Thing is, whilst the pacing is slightly slower, which is given considering the trains and such, but I really love the look of this coaster, it's truly stunning.

Lofty

CF Legend
OK, I really like how open the stations is, it all looks great, the railings are actually stunning too, reminds me of Casper movie for some reason...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Hixee said:
^It's an eagle... eagles are generally brown...
The Bald Eagle in particular gets it's name from pibald, as in... Black and white. They are dark brown though.

It's latin name means "white headed sea eagle".

[/eagle facts]

I think the rusty brown with the pure silver doesn't look right myself. Would have been better all silver. It's awesome regardless though. It's not horrible because it's rusty, it just doesn't look right in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.