What's new

Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
1eaglefull.jpg

That's the same eagle as the one you seen against the building, with him standing next to it, it puts it into perspective, the wing span could definitely be 40 ft, but again this might not be the one for Dollywood, but similar

It's very hard to tell (and why are we discussing this? :lol: ), but a better example would be this?
800px-ERAU_WrightFlyer.jpg

That has "about a 40' wingspan"... Though in a discussion where somebody uses Robosaurus to back up their argument, it's not easy to prove a point, I mean, man... Robosaurus..? It's like the opposite of calling somebody Hitler. Invoke an image of Robosaurus and the argument is yours :lol:

Even better, here's a man holding an eagle with a 7 foot wingspan at a similar angle:
5577004720_29a3fa1ac7_o.jpg

Though let's face it, when up against Robosaurus, that picture means as much as, well, as much as a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head...
index.php

Literally crying with laughter at this topic. :lol:
I can't believe all this is over a scrap iron eagle though, it doesn't look that great... :)

Anyways, the coaster looks alright, as mentioned I do think the layout is straying away from what it's meant to be, but it'll still be enjoyable.

I'm pretty sure it's the same eagle now, seeing that pic, and that it does have a 40ft wingspan.

Horizontal length is notoriously hard to judge. It's like the whole "a human is roughly as tall as their armspam" thing.

leonardo.jpg

I thought the eagle was going to have a rusty body with a stainless steel head and wings. So the picture posted a little while ago of the artist standing next to the eagle is not the one for Dollywood.

images

I thought this one was Dollywood's eagle. I could be wrong, but I thought it was supposed to have the rusty body with the shiny head.

Right, let's put this to bed then shall we (and potentially incur the wrath of Robosaurus)?

If the picture of the eagle I posted had a 7' wingspan, then it's safe to assume that it's 17.5% smaller than a metal eagle with a 40' wingspan, yes? Agreed?

So, we don't know if the metal eagle is actually 40 foot or not, but we do know that the two men will be roughly the same height (within a few inches).

So if we shrink the person holding the 7' wingspan eagle by 17.5%, then put him next to the guy next to the metal eagle (head to head), then if they're the same size then the metal eagle has a 40' wingspan, QED?

bigeagle.jpg

As you can see, he is significantly smaller if reduced to 17.5% of his size. In fact, he needs to be reduced just 21% to be roughly the same size as the person in the metal eagle photo.

That would give the metal eagle a wingspan of around 33' (21% is 4.76 approx smaller so 7' x 4.76 gives us 33').

Therefore, either the metal eagle pictured with the bloke isn't the Dollywood eagle, or the one they have bought only has a wingspan of 33', not 40'.

This solves nothing of course except that Robosaurus was right! ;)

Oh yeah It's not the same eagle as the one in that small picture. It's completely different. Clearly my visual memory sucks something awful.

Which one is for Dolly though...? Who knows. Maybe none of them.

And lol Furie's science. </3

The eagle is big. [spoken like kindergarten kid trying to read]

I don't think it matters regardless, I mean which one of you will be getting out your ruler or tape measurer when it opens and actually measuring it, only to go HA! 39' 11" you lied! Nobody...it's a dumb argument. Plus the robosaurus thing is one of the funniest arguments ever, it's like Chuck Norris, pull that out and you won't lose.

^Exactly what I was thinking. Who cares if that eagle is only ~30ft, it looks absolutely magnificent! If Dollywood's is bigger, then even better, but I'd be more than impressed if they had that one.

I can't wait to see it installed with the finished station, ride, plants, paths and everything. Going to look gorgeous!

UC said:
^Yeah, already covered that.

I said:
Whether that is or isn't the Eagle statue, doesn't change the fact the one Dollywood gets for this coaster is going to be one hell of a showpiece.
Oh I know, I was just saying I agree. ;) If it's bigger and better... then... well... I can't wait! :p

UC said:
My favorite part about my Robosaurus argument was that it made sense.
[/quote]
It was always going to make sense, it was backed up by a picture of Robosaurus. ;)

I don't like how exposed the steel beams are on the trains, you'd think they'd try and cover them up a bit more or at least paint them not to standout as much, other than that the seats and eagle pieces look great.

Also aren't they wheels supposed to be yellow for some reason? I remember commenting on Swarm's wheels looking ugly because they were yellow and someone jumped down my throat saying it was done on purpose.

^ Do you mean the steel beams that connect each car?
I think they look fine ..
Raptor's ones are covered, but with the whole eagle theme, I think the trains may have looked slightly funny if they tried to cover up those beams ......

I love those trains. I didn't think I would, but they're great, they look a lot better in photos then they did in Graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.