What's new

Dollywood | Lightning Rod | Launched RMC

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Keep in mind, if the launch propels the train all the way to the top, you'll be going through that airtime hill at roughly 45 mph and then taking that insane drop. Airtime should be killer there!

Holy **** . I want in on this. Like, right now.

Intricks

Strata Poster
I dont think it keeps you at 45mph the entire way up. Didnt the animation show it slowing down at the crest of the hill?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Yeah there is no way you are going over that hill at 55 mph after staying at 45 for the entire launch. Will still be incredibly intense though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
These are things that can be dialed up and down, even mid launch. I'm sure RMC will start out conservative, and ramp up based on how much positive-g they would like to see at the bottom of the first drop. This consideration will probably govern how fast the trains end up traveling, over airtime considerations at the top of the lift hill.

jay37415

Mega Poster
Stopped by Dollywood for some pictures over the weekend. While I was away RMC released some of their own. But I figured I'd share anyhow.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
^^DAAAANG!!!! <3

I love it! That should rip you right out of your seat! :D Only 5.5 months more!

Intricks

Strata Poster
I see absolutely nothing, and jumping into a web browser just shows me that they dont exist anymore :/

Yay technology?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
For those who can't see:

aHHWqPJ.png

<3

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
That is going to provide airtime by the bucket loads in the back. Especially when you'd hit the crest at around 35-ish mph.

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
That is going to provide airtime by the bucket loads in the back. Especially when you'd hit the crest at around 305-ish mph.
That is REALLY fast.

This thing is getting way less hype than it deserves, but I think that's due to it being buried in the woods where people can't take pictures.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Holy…

12191709_926335414070246_1175208296192065610_n.jpg

12188923_926334074070380_8580594868639118107_n.jpg

I didn't think those last couple of photos from the other day did a good job showing the height of this thing. These do a much better job.