• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I used to

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pierre

Strata Poster
bartcoastersimpson said:
people who smoke are **** people who **** themself!

Thats a wonderfully constructed point of view you have there, never thought about it like that.

Sam

Giga Poster
Echoes said:
In my mind, weed is a lot less hazardous to your health than normal cigarettes and tobacco. Nasty.

Weed is alot worse for your health than tobacco. It's so naive to think it isn't.

Also, bartcoastersimpson as Pierre said, you raise an excellent point. I'm guessing when you aren't posting amazing posts like that you work as a highly paid barrister for a top city law firm?

A

Anonymous

Ian said:
southend_marc said:
I wish they would bring out a drug to take away the pain of giving up, I just wish I never started.
I smoke, I enjoy smoking. I'm fully aware of the risks attached and non-smokers rights to enjoy smoke free air...providing the accept that I have a right to smoke.

I will give up one day when I really want to. At this moment in time I don't want to but as southened_marc says, I wish I never started.

Same here!

Queen.kt

Roller Poster
Nope never had never will because of my asthma (doesn't help my breathing much) and that some of my mates do an they stink of them, no offence to anyone that does.

A

Anonymous

I'mhappy to see the majority of voters don't smoke, like myself. I HATE all the people who smoke in the queues when it clearly says don't. I often say to people "excuse me, you're not allowed to smoke in the queue" and they look at me like I'm some kind of evil witch. The worst is at Legoland and Alton Towers, where they have designated smoking areas, everyone just seems to ignore them mainly. If they are smoking there, it's probably coincidence! Yuck, smoking is plain disgusting.

marc

CF Legend
Not being funny or anything but when we went to Alton the other week I could not see 1 area that was clearly for smoking and I was looking.

A

Anonymous

You're right there, I could be mistaken. I just remember seeing a whole load of smokers all near the shelter which is near Air, Air goes over it as far as I can remember. It was raining though, so that would be why they were all there. I think I am mistaken in saying that they have designated areas, but Legoland definitely does! :oops:

marc

CF Legend
I know they have them but they were not clear unlike parks I have been to in the Usa where you can see the sign a mile off.

Everyone was smoking like there was no ban and the staff just walked past people without saying a word.

At Disney I did not know about the smoking ban and as soon as I smoked a memeber of staff said "you can not smoke here you need to find a smoking area."

If Alton wish to carry the ban out staff need to tell people as well.

At the parks in the USA I only ever smoked in the smoking areas.

A

Anonymous

That is a problem too, the staff don't enforce it. If they seem someone in the queue, they will usually tell them to stop smoking.
It's the same situation when it comes to queue jumping, off topic I know. But in my experience staff don't act at all. I once stood up to a couple of girls in the queue for rumba rapids who were just pushing past everyone, and I stopped them and said they're not queue jumping, it's not allowed, and I tried my best to stop them but they laughed and went through anyway, grrr! As it was our turn to get on a boat, their boat was just leaving, and I told a member of staff that they had queue jumped. When we arrived back at the station, I saw them again and the staff member, and he said nothing at all.

I have successfully stopped people though, and rather than them going forward to their friends, I've had them make their friends go backwards, success!
I've also seen one member of thorpe park staff stop a queue jumper once. A man queue jumped his kids on flying fish right at the front of the queue, right infront of the staff. Th member of staff told the man he wasn't allowed to do that and to go to the back of the queue but he just got angry and security ended up coming to sort it out. In the meantime he held up the whole queue for being such an ignorant *******. But, in the end they ended up riding at the front of the train on the next go. Totally ridiculous, but well done to one member of staff for standing his ground!
There need to be more people like me and him that DO stand up to people, I can't stand it, watching people push past everyone jsut accepting that they're going infront, nooo, that's WRONG! How infuriating, ggrrr! ran, rant, rant!

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Non-smoker. i can't believe that people still start, what with the ban and the prices. I understand that addicts are, well, addicts and can't just stop, but it does amaze me that kids are still starting in the first place.

Mike

Giga Poster
I still don't smoke, but after being around smokers in America for a couple of weeks, I can atleast stand to be around them for a bit longer now.
However, now I am at least a bit more acceptable of cigarette smokers, my brother smokes Golden Virginia and I absolutely despise the smell of it. :?