What's new

Djurs Sommerland | Juvelen | Intamin Launch Coaster

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Re: Djurs sommerland claims Denmark's biggest news in 2013.

That could be tall enough to be the tallest in Denmark, though.

;)

andrus

Giga Poster

^Not really since Himmelskibet at Tivoli Gardens is 80 meters tall ;)

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Dammit I'm getting impatient! Please build a Tower launch coaster or something Cheetah Huntish!

andrus

Giga Poster

^Are the blue markings fence? Or has it been confirmed that the ride will cover all of that area? It's a significantly larger area than Piraten which looks promising :)

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^ The blue markings on the map is just to show where the fence go. But yes, the area is huge!

_koppen

Hyper Poster

The park just posted this on there Facebook
396453_10151017483491831_367141542_n.jpg

They say that they have received 5000m3 of concrete, to pour 429 footers, so that pretty much confirm that they are building a coaster.

Is 429 a big number of footers, or is it average for a coaster?

andrus

Giga Poster

So they're actually building the biggest ride in Denmark next year after all! :) Hmm, I got no idea how long a coaster with 429 footers would be though. I guess a B&M would be a quite lengthy ride, as would a new style Intamin. If it's a woodie on the other hand we would be looking at the shortest woodie ever :lol:

bmac

Giga Poster

The type of track that will be used is going to be a huge factor in how many footers will be used. Nitro @ Great Adventure has only 250 yet it's over a mile long, and Cheetah Hunt has over twice that in only 4400 feet due to custom support structuring and the 2 rail tracking.

The structure of the track makes a huge difference between something like this:
dh3p0g8kk006f593av7v87.jpg

and something like this:
hbhv8vs229s0006f993av7.jpg

you could also have a very compact structure with plenty of crossovers that could look like Verbolten's track inside the event building:
image2.png

So all in all there's really no judging how long this coaster can be until we see all the footers down. I'm pretty sure the ride will be upward of 2500 feet in length but the exact number I couldn't begin to hasten a clue.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

I am so excited about this as I am going to djurs next year will be able to ride this whatever it is. If it turns out to be a really good it should be a great 1-2 with piraten and possibly the best combo in Scandinavia.

andrus

Giga Poster

Screamscape said:
Some local guests seem to believe it could be a Mack launched coaster with inversions, but so far the park has not announced anything firm.
Nothing official, but I thought it could be worth sharing it here.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

andrus said:
Screamscape said:
Some local guests seem to believe it could be a Mack launched coaster with inversions, but so far the park has not announced anything firm.

It seems I've started a rumor. Lol.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

andrus said:
Screamscape said:

Just guesses, nothing point's to this yet.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

New hint's by the park says 1 km long and 85km/h Sounds very multi launched to me, but time will tell!

Would be pretty cool if this also turned out to be Mack, then they have really sold quite a few of them in the last two years!

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

I'm almost 99.9 % sure that it'll be an Intamin, since I talked to the C.E.O. at EAS where he said that they had something going on in my country.

And being 1000 m long and going 85 km/h a multi launch is still my guess.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

That is GREAT news if true, as I always secretly hoped for it to be Intamin.
I was just expecting another Mack so I wouldn't be dissapointed if that was the case.

I hope that it's true :p

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Extended Mega-Lite? :p

Nah, hoping for something Maverick-esque. The "do cool stuff, but follow no pattern" layout is far too underrepresented today. Most big coasters are either piling on inversions, piling on airtime hills, or piling on twists and ground-hugging turns (pick one, disregard the other two). Maverick does a little of everything, and judging by the reviews, it does it awesomely.