What's new

CWOA | Mandrill Mayhem (World of Jumanji) | B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
The jaguar statue looks so just.. plonked down. I wish Merlin would work with Universal Rocks, or invest in their own rockwork team. Build some good rockwork structures about and add some near misses (the whole point of a wing coaster is the near misses, is it not?)

spicy

Giga Poster
The jaguar statue looks so just.. plonked down. I wish Merlin would work with Universal Rocks, or invest in their own rockwork team. Build some good rockwork structures about and add some near misses (the whole point of a wing coaster is the near misses, is it not?)

Agreed I really hope there is some rock work yet to be added around the statue.

The park used to have some incredible rock work something like this around the area would be awesome
878b19953c2e2b09424fcc2f217ecc51.jpg

2a4012a4482c0496d9ebce20dd619ed4.jpg

ML27

Roller Poster
The theming isn't completed yet mind, and there is no foliage/planting yet either.

It needs a lot of work regardless, only a few months left now.

If they are inviting people in for tours, you still want it to look good and exciting. At this point in time it doesn’t.

I can see this land looking good I’m about 5 years but it’s really not great for opening year. Needs more rocks and hills imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowser

Mega Poster
Is it likely to be open for the March park opening? My son has just been given an inset day coincidentally on March 24th :D

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It has previously been confirmed that the park will be planting more developed trees/foliage into the area, so hopefully that should help.

Area is looking good enough considering we're still 2-3 months away from opening. I don't like the 'World of Jumanji' in the board centrepiece. It just...doesn't look right, and borders on feeling tacky to me. Maybe it looks better closer up, or they have more planned. But yeah, right now that's what's standing out to me as 'eww'

spicy

Giga Poster
I don't like the 'World of Jumanji' in the board centrepiece. It just...doesn't look right, and borders on feeling tacky to me. Maybe it looks better closer up, or they have more planned. But yeah, right now that's what's standing out to me as 'eww'

I thought exactly the same. That is such a wasted opportunity, it looks awful.

It should have been a screen showing the green text of the board game quotes, “in the jungle you must wait, until you roll a 5 or 8” etc.. Would have been amazing.

c4d0c28067a605e9aa9783ed38db9da1.jpg

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Good to see they managed to get at least one shipping container in there.

The board game in the middle could have looked really good, instead it just looks like a local playpark. Compare it to the walkthrough they just built at Phantasialand in the African section, just worlds apart and I don’t know if it’s because they just lack any sort of creative/artistic talent at Merlin, they just don’t care about quality, or if they scrimp on the budget outside of the rides.

The central glass dome being a flat sign is such a missed opportunity for interaction. Have it so that when people pushed it, it’d bring up a random rule from the first movie etc.

Reactions: Dar

spicy

Giga Poster
The snake on Mamba strike just doesn’t match the rest of the area?
a10c8203776cb02e6498484a2900d954.jpg

A snake like on Kobra would have matched the area way better.

0b37a5c350db1ae9c6d4d97b3bad1b73.jpg

Indy

Hyper Poster
I think that is by design though. They are trying to capture different aspects of the film/franchise. In this case, it doesn't make sense for the snake to appear to be made of stone because they are referencing scenes with a real snake.

1677599061433.png