What's new

Coaster Improvements and Modifications You'd Like to See

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Some coasters are outright amazing (Medusa Steel Coaster).
Some coasters are fire on paper and they may have some amazing features but the execution is flawed (Furius Baco)
And some coasters just **** suck in their current state! (Stampida)

I've wanted to make this topic for a while, I can think of so many ideas for it plus its really quick and easy to add to the list. Here's a list of improvements I'd like to see done to some coasters:

Furius Baco
Best way: Next gen Intamin track and Skyrush trains
Cheap way: Standard accelerator trains with softer OTSRs or lapbars

Stampida
Complete the retracking they started and new trains. Bonus: Turn the trims off

El Diablo
Replace it with a Vekoma mine train!

Dragon Khan
Fresh coat of paint and some train tweaking: Seems to be too much play between wheels and track

Infusion/any SLC
The new SLC trains with lapbars. I'm aware it doesn't make things perfect but at least there's no headbanging! Also a lick of paint wouldn't go amiss on Infusion and a bunch of others

Big Dipper and Nash: Completely restore presentation through a total repaint and removing all the moss and weeds around the coaster. Also some serious retracking is needed.
Controversial way: Call Alan :wink:

Big One
Comfy padded seats please

Stealth and Rita
Xcelerator trains

Saw the ride
Track tweaking in roughest spots (pullout of main drop) plus the Eurofighter trains with lapbars.

Colossus
Best way: Start again with Intamin's next gen version
Cheap way: Complete repaint and redesigned trains

Oblivion
It would be even more fun floorless! But I don't think its possible unfortunately

Smiler
Lapbars would make this coaster amazing. I have a better chance of winning the Euromillions though

Vampire
Vekoma SFC trains and better **** operations!

That's it for now, I'd be here all day otherwise :) . What can you guys think of?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
American Eagle:
Retracking at the helicies and drop, redo hills to be parabolic, repaint, and Millennium Flyers.

Boss: Retrack, new trains, and maybe Iron Horse?

Superman Ultimate Trite: Anything but a B&M flyer

Any B&M Sitdown: Wildfire trains, less MCBR, repaint if needed, and maybe retrack rough spots.

All SLCs: Either burn them all, or get the lapbar trains.

Demon: Lapbar trains, new paint, new tunnel lights, and bring back the water fall.

Raging Bull: Repaint and turn off trims.

Batman clones: Last 2 rows can go backwards.

Viper SFGAm: GCI retrack, new trains, and bring back the backwards trains for a time.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
While I haven't ridden either Demon, I would love to experience one in its "Turn of the Century" layout. I have a soft spot for arrows and apparently the Turn of the Century rides produced some crazy airtime.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^^Yeah, I wish the same. I think there's only 1 known POV of Turn of the Century, and SFGAm owns it. They still do provide a crapload of airtime in the back seat on the first drop. It's almost to the intensity of an RMC drop. Not as good as one, but still pretty good.

PeteA

Roller Poster
Ultimate at Lightwater Valley
RMC it.... Diving down into the valley run with proper track and trains doing RMC inversions would be great. Plus they would be able to make the run to the second hill more interesting.

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ There should be a law for all of the Schwarzkopf coasters to have the original trains. With no lap-bars on Jet Stars and only a slim restrain on the bigger coasters (Thunder Loop in Slagharen was so much better with those old trains, while Olympia is almost completely ruined by those armpads). :)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
2 of my favourite coasters;
Helix
Increase the height of the entrance to the heartline roll, leaving the exit at the current elevation. Would mean a slight loss of speed before entering the roll, but should provide the Blue Fire pull through feeling, which is all this amazing coaster is really missing.
Maybe onboard audio as well.

Storm Runner
Different restraints obviously.
Major layout change: remove the slight twisty section after the Snake Dive and replace with major airtime camels, could easily fit 2, maybe 3 in, especially if the brake run is extended closer to the Waterpark.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
The Beast: Retrack, remove the trim tunnel and replace it with a double-down, Millennium Flyer trains
KI Vortex: Phantom's Revenge treatment
Flight Deck and Time Warp: Remove current trains, current braking system, current op panel, do to the structures what they did with Hulk, scrap, drop the pieces on the other side of the border so it becomes our problem, call B&M
Wildcat: RMC, make it similar to Joker
Carowinds Vortex: Rougarou treatment, lighting and theme package
CW Bat: Sidewinder/Carolina Cobra Trains
Legend: Tell GCI to go **** themselves and call RMC
Adventure Express: Restore all the theming that went decrepit over the years, lighting package, upgrade theming in queue, add VR option, restore that area of the park in general
Mean Streak: RMC, as everyone else wants :p

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Goliath SFMM remove the hard stop on MCBR and bring us those G's back in that helix!

Timberwolf get a nice RMC treatment and make it rideable.

Silver Bullet to change its awful **** colors and reprofile the drop so it actually feels like a drop not a meander.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

trav1089

Roller Poster
Viper (SFMM) - new trains/restraints
Xcelerator - new paint
Kingda Ka/Dragster - random occasional purpose rollbacks ;)
Riddler's - convert to sitdown
Dragon Challenge - dueling again

andrus

Giga Poster
DelPiero said:
Helix
Increase the height of the entrance to the heartline roll, leaving the exit at the current elevation. Would mean a slight loss of speed before entering the roll, but should provide the Blue Fire pull through feeling, which is all this amazing coaster is really missing.
Maybe onboard audio as well.
Yes please! :--D Either raising the entrance to the heartline roll like you suggested and/or increasing the speed of the second launch. If the heartline roll would turn into the same pull through feeling of Blue Fire then Helix would jump straight into my top 5!

As for one of the modifications I would like to see:
Change all B&M mega looper trains to the same model as Wildfire and add lapbars! B&M already perfected the mega looper design in the early 90's with rides like Kumba and Dragon Kahn. The only faults of these rides are the restrictive and uncomfortable restraints. Add comfy lapbar-only trains and these rides would be even more perfect :)

Ireeb

Mega Poster
One of my favourite coasters is the 27 years old Eurosat, Europapark, by Mack. It is a darkride with space theme and a special spiral-lift (called barrel lift). Even though it is cool that this coaster exists so long already and is still rideable, I think it would be about time to rebuild it. Keep the building (which looks like spaceship earth at Epcot), and put a new rollercoaster in it with a new but similar layout (lots and lots of helices and quick turns). Mack's YoungStar coaster would be perfect to replace it, even the track type is similar. For the lift maybe a vertical lift or even a gentle vertical launch wouldn't take more space than the spiral lift (which was chosen because other lifts didn't fit in there and vertical lifts weren't a thing back then) and would fit the theme well. My idea always was that around this vertical lift there is a tube which is a screen (projection or LED) which first shows a landscape all around you and then the view moves upwards while you are moving upwards, so it looks like you are leaving earth. First you'd see clouds around you and when almost leaving the lift it shows stars so it seems like you reached space. More special effects like stars all around or more lasers inside the ride would be nice, too. I love the music, but maybe they could redo it, with the same melody but different synthesizers so it sounds a bit more modern. That's a long list I know but I think this ride deserves it.

andrus

Giga Poster
Ireeb said:
One of my favourite coasters is the 27 years old Eurosat, Europapark, by Mack.
I already love you <3 Eurosat is fab!!

Ireeb said:
My idea always was that around this vertical lift there is a tube which is a screen (projection or LED) which first shows a landscape all around you and then the view moves upwards while you are moving upwards, so it looks like you are leaving earth. First you'd see clouds around you and when almost leaving the lift it shows stars so it seems like you reached space. More special effects like stars all around or more lasers inside the ride would be nice, too.
Great idea with the video projections! That would really enhance the experience I think :) Also, adding more lazers and effects during the ride is something that I've thought of myself for a long time. And of course replacing the track with a new and smooth one! Eurosat really is a much better version of Space Mountain, and with these changes it hopefully would gain some attention again :--D