What's new

Coaster Improvements and Modifications You'd Like to See

Ireeb

Mega Poster
andrus said:
I already love you <3 Eurosat is fab!!
Loving you back for loving it too <3
andrus said:
Great idea with the video projections! That would really enhance the experience I think :) Also, adding more lazers and effects during the ride is something that I've thought of myself for a long time. And of course replacing the track with a new and smooth one! Eurosat really is a much better version of Space Mountain, and with these changes it hopefully would gain some attention again :--D
As I said, I really think they could just use the YoungStar coaster, most people wouldn't notice/care if they theme the trains accordingly (Pegasus in space would be weird, wouldn't it? :D). But regardless of what they do, two things must stay: The music (preferably in an updated version though) and the countdown.

TEN - NINE - IGNITION SEQUENCE STARTS - SIX - FIVE - FOUR - THREE - TWO - ONE - ZERO - ALL ENGINES RUNNING!

I didn't ride a Space Mountain yet (I am still a student who can't travel a lot :( ) but theming-wise they usually look amazing. I also like the idea of the launch on the Paris one, while I think the buildings of the other Space Mountains look amazing, especially at night when they are illuminated with colored lights. I can't say a lot about the layout, but I'd say that Eurosat isn't better than Space Mountain in all aspects, especially the theming of Eurosat is weak. Which layout is better is also a question of the target audience, I feel like the Space Mountains in the US are more targeted towards children than Eurosat with its 4g. But if they'd update Eurosat and remove its flaws, it could be one of the best darkride roller coasters.
But since Europapark is going to build a huge water park now I don't think we can expect anything related to roller coasters in the next few years. I still hope Eurosat will get some love after that, because to be honest, it is not meeting Europapark's standards anymore. If you compare it to Bluefire's theming, the papier-mâché asteroids in Eurosat look a bit pathetic.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ You would love checking out the Disneyland Space Mountain Soundtrack. It was a total game changer for my experience - I loved the countdown as you peak the lift hill. It turned a very normal roller coaster element into something far more engaging.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCMX7Cmcxus[/youtube]

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Hyde said:
^ You would love checking out the Disneyland Space Mountain Soundtrack. It was a total game changer for my experience - I loved the countdown as you peak the lift hill. It turned a very normal roller coaster element into something far more engaging.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCMX7Cmcxus[/youtube]

Yes I would love to but due to legal restrictions I can't >.< Is it available on other video platforms than YouTube?

Ireeb

Mega Poster
It is a really cool soundtrack, it is kinda playful to some degree, which isn't bad for a rollercoaster that is supposed to be fun of course. But to be honest, I like Eurosat's theme way more. [youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wZWCFnZUn8[/youtubevid]
If you don't want to listen to the whole track, I recommend to start the video at 60 seconds, after 1:20 the part that runs inside the ride as a loop starts. Of course soundtrack that adapts to the track with onboard speakers is way cooler, but the ride is so old and I think normal speakers in the building were the only choice. A funny side effect is that you can hear the muffled soundtrack when standing right beside the building :D

rob666

Hyper Poster
At BPB...
Wild Mouse, seat padding,
Grand National, sort out the load/unload mess,
Infusion, bomb it and bring back the Log Flume.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Skyrush - Softer restraints

Top Thrill Dragster - How about something after the top hat, like a hill or over bank helix or something?

Storm Runner - Lap bars and change the final twisty bit to an airtime hill.

Bizarro - T-bar restraints, have tunnel mist constantly going on.

Any Boomerang - Vest restraints. Still a **** ride with them but at least it takes away the head banging.

Goliath SFNE - Go back to the old staggered trains.

Wildcat HP - RMC Iron Horse that thing.

Kinda Ka - Demolish it. But in a way so that they can keep the drop tower. :--D

Any SLC - Wrecking Ball

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Goliath (Walibi Holland) : make the helixes tighter to be more intense and the EGF turns lower to be more snappy fun !

Intimidator 305 - Trees around the layout to increase the sensation of speed

Ireeb

Mega Poster
portemine said:
Intimidator 305 - Trees around the layout to increase the sensation of speed
Many coasters would profit of more trees or something else around them. You can see much better how fast you are when there is stuff flying by really fast.

JSMarsden

Roller Poster
May have already been said but,

Smiler: Last part of Cobra roll is still rough, however I guess this is the last thing they want to be doing at this point, and may have already been a plan before things happened. (Hopefully an edit to do in the years to come when there is less attention drawn onto it).

Nemesis : Although the new paintwork is starting to look great, and the rest is going to be finished off next season, I would love to see the red water flowing back through it!

Scream SFMM: Needs some form of scenery - I mean a carpark is hardly great and takes away how good it could actually be!, however I suppose SFMM doesn't theme rides too much, gives some of them a nice fancy station (X/Tatsu), and then lets them ride through the desert/a few trees.