What's new

Chessington World Of Adventures | Croc Drop | Zamperla Sky (Drop) Tower

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
Guys... I designed the logo so it's pretty harsh reading these comments...

Jk ?
Yeah not a big fan.
I reckon if the colours were changed around a bit it could look a little more appealing (although not much...)

View attachment 10349
I geniuenly thought you were being serious... until i read the next line :p. We do know now that Merlin have always wanted to go down from 1998 to now!

MillenniumT

Roller Poster
In my opinion I hope they don't go down the route of Croc Drop, I know its probably more family friendly and describes what the ride is in a sense with its name but it would be nice to have something just a tad more creative. Especially as the theming for the ride looks to be really good quality and for them to ruin it slightly with the name and logo would be a shame and detract from the overall ride package.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I wonder if the logo was done by LMC. They've been doing Merlin's ride branding for years.

spicy

Giga Poster
^ I'd be surprised as most of their work is pretty good the Wickerman stuff in particular is awesome.

Pretty crazy really that a company the size of Merlin don't have their own marketing/branding department and now outsource it. Especially when you consider what Tussaud's used to be able to pull off in-house like the excellent Oblivion branding.

Always loved that part of the magic factory documentary starts at about 27 mins in:

Last edited:

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ I'd be surprised as most of their work is pretty good the Wickerman stuff in particular is awesome.

Pretty crazy really that a company the size of Merlin don't have their own marketing/branding department and now outsource it. Especially when you consider what Tussaud's used to be able to pull off in-house like the excellent Oblivion branding.

Always loved that part of the magic factory documentary starts at about 27 mins in:

They litterally said an "Ad agency in Manchester" I think it was outsourced thentoo. Although I do think Towers have alot of input with their ride branding as they do it a hell of a lot better than any other Merlin park.

nadroJ

CF Legend
As a general rule the logo and attraction brand identity for major capex projects will usually be outsourced to an agency, with an in-house brand manager overseeing the design from creating the initial brief to providing feedback during the development stages.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
When I designed merchandise for Merlin it was a pain in the arse as each park supplied different things in different formats. A bit of consistency would have saved me having to redraw the Nemesis logo from scratch, and whovever had designed the original logos never thought how they would be made into fridge magnets.