What's new

Chessington World Of Adventures | Croc Drop | Zamperla Sky (Drop) Tower

Themeparknewbie01

Roller Poster
It amazes me that they would choose a Magma (Paultons) replica. It isn't thrilling, doesn't actually 'drop' and the throughput is dreadful.

I know this is supposed to be a family ride but still a cheap choice.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
It amazes me that they would choose a Magma (Paultons) replica. It isn't thrilling, doesn't actually 'drop' and the throughput is dreadful.

I know this is supposed to be a family ride but still a cheap choice.
Magma does look lacklustre I'm kinda disappointed they didn't do with Zierer, Tikal at Phantasialand is bl**dy fantastic, always walk on and actually delivers air. LLW looks to be getting 2 in their new area tho

Lofty

CF Legend
Zamperla do not create rides that are reliable, especially in rain. Hardly sad to see they've not gone with them.

Lofty

CF Legend
My point being, people complaining it isn't a Zamperla clearly have no experience of dealing with them or the outcome of their downtime.

Niles

Giga Poster
The tower is up and testing skip to :1.20, ITV have a look at what’s been going on during the off season, they show the new pirate ship to as well as other things around the resort.

0390013D-F0A5-4536-806D-414663D8D315.png
6162F071-D105-4091-84EE-5867E2B2F3E4.png

While I miss Rameses I think this is a good fit for there audience now and I think it looks quite good.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Is the pirate ship from Zamperla? Judging by the ride's seating arrangement it looks like one. If so, this is such a downgrade, considering the original one was from Huss, which offers a higher throughput and better ride cycle.

As for the drop tower, I am really unimpressed by the looks of the test run. Such a shame they got rid of Rameses to plonk "that".

JMW

Roller Poster
Is the pirate ship from Zamperla? Judging by the ride's seating arrangement it looks like one. If so, this is such a downgrade, considering the original one was from Huss, which offers a higher throughput and better ride cycle.

As for the drop tower, I am really unimpressed by the looks of the test run. Such a shame they got rid of Rameses to plonk "that".

The new ship will be manufactured by Metallbau Emmeln, seating 42 passengers instead of the previous 45. Here’s a video of another ship manufactured by them, which swings pretty good.

Matt N

CF Legend
I admit Croc Drop doesn’t look like a Detonator or a Venom in terms of intensity by any means, but it should be fun, and should appeal to a really wide audience! I think this fits the park considerably better than Rameses did; they’re aiming for families with young children as their target market now, and I think this fits that market pretty well, whereas I always thought Rameses kind of stuck out, being one of the few (arguably the only?) thrill rides left at Chessington.

I also think that the quality of the theming looks absolutely phenomenal; that statue is so impressive, and I love the little carvings on the side! They really have gone all out here, in my opinion!

If I was to be very picky, one minor criticism I have is that I’m not personally too sure on the bright green teeth; I think they might have looked a little nicer if they were the same brown colour as the rest of the rock. That’s me being incredibly harsh, though, as the rest of it looks absolutely stunning!

On the whole, though, really positive stuff; good work Chessington! I also think that the new pirate ship looks really quite nice!

Reactions: JMW

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I mean.. they haven't outdone themselves quite yet, we've only seen the one angle of that statue, I'd wait until you see a full overview of the area before singing the praises.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
God forbidden someone’s positive...

I have to agree with the comments saying this looks great, it’s exceeded my expectations, so that’s always nice! The croc structure looks pretty impressive and it seems a perfect fit for that area of the park.