What's new

CF RCT 3 World Championship Discussion

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Let's establish myself a position better than 10th....
Just to show everyone the extent of my creations:

noZJU.jpg

pwOgX.jpg

wS0fs.png

1vkSE.png

6fDKO.jpg

96cFZ.jpg

*Half Complete*

zQeFo.jpg

lRUMx.jpg

An earlier park, with a later coaster

SqOf4.jpg

rXUvt.jpg

DFb02.jpg

uFe21.jpg

And the hole that everyone loves...

Anyway, there's my portfolio for consideration, and CP10, could we prolong the closing date? I doubt I'd be able to finish and film coaster in less than 3/4 of a month! :--D

Thanks again.

Colossus

Giga Poster
gopats1479 said:
Hey I like the scheduling, except for one thing: the championship round should be longer because of the extra oomph needed to get to the top spot. People will need more time getting a beautiful masterpiece out to us. Maybe one more week for creation in that round?

Yeah that won`t be a problem, when we get that far time won`t be factor as there will only be one topic that point, so we won`t have to worry about holding up the competition.

deathfearsnone said:
that will work i think :)

Excellent :)

BBH

Giga Poster
1 - Colossus
2 - reddude
3 - gopats
4 - deathfearsnone
5 - SoMuchWin
6 - BBH
7 - nealbie
8 - CoasterCrazy
9 - JammyBand
10 - Intricks
11 - TheKingIn

I'll bring my best and with all the resources I'll be given soon I'll give everybody a run for their money!

reddude333

Giga Poster
Never got in my edited rankings with nealbie in there too.

1- Reddude333
2 - Colossus
3 - deathfearsnone
4 - gopats
5 - SoMuchWin
6 - nealbie
7 - BBH
8 - Coastercrazy
9 - Jammyband
10 - TheKingin64
11 - Intricks

So do we have a plan for seedings at this point? Are we close to discussing match-ups?

Colossus

Giga Poster
Right, Sorry I have been away from here this week, I have been taking a break from it before we all get properly started.
As we have but a handful of rankings in on the seeding, I`ll give it another 24 hours for people to put their vote in, then it will be worked out from there, and the seedings will be announced late tomorrow night,

Until then let us start deciding what we want to do for round one.

Please not that it will require two weeks from start to finish, nd we need everybody to finish at the same time, in order to get the next round running in time, so something basic idea with not to many restrictions would probably be preferred.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Mines an exact copy of Reddudes for the rankings.

As for ideas, somethic scenic....like a terrain coaster. Nothing wooden though as those suppports seem like they would take forever to do.

SoMuchWin

Mega Poster
Colossus
Reddude333
gopats
JammyBand
BBH
Nealibie
SoMuchWin
Intricks
deathfearsnone
TheKingin64
Coastercrazy

Right on time.

How 'bout a round where you have to make a terrain coaster inspired by your home country, state, province, etc,...

Colossus

Giga Poster
Okay so I have rankings from 6 competitors, Myself, Reddude, BBH, GoPats, SMW, and Intricks.

DFN, nealbie, King, Jammy and CC, if you want your votes to count please get them in today, I will be home from work about 9pm (BST) and will be tallying up the votes and announcing the results, only the votes submitted with all 11 competitors included will be counted.

As far as terrain coasters go, it is a really good idea, remember the time constraints though, 2 weeks from layout to filming, I know terrain coasters can take a while to create, but if you guys think it can be done, then its definitely a good idea to be taken into consideration.

Any others?

We are 6 days away from game time :)

nealbie

CF Legend
1 - Colossus
2 - Reddude
3 - deathfearsnone
4 - gopats
5 - nealbie
6 - SoMuchWin
7 - TheKingin64
8 - BBH
9 - Jammyband
10 - Coastercrazy
11 - Intricks

YAY ^_^

gopats1479

Mega Poster
There's only one problem with terrain coasters: if you have to base them off of where you live, I'm screwed because Illinois is flat ;)

Intricks

Strata Poster
See, building a terrain to use shouldnt take too long. I built a recent terrain coaster and getting the terrain to look how I wanted it to didnt take any longer than 30mins. Granted the more you want it to look around a theme the longer it would take, but it is still a relatively quick process up until adding in foilage.

Basing off of where you live would SUCK!

scw55

Hyper Poster
Isn't 'basing it where you live' a restriction?
If I theoretically were competing I'd have to somehow combine:

Mountains
Sea
The Largest Off-shore Island in Britain
Artificially Planted Forest with none-native trees
Fields
Woodland
I think an interesting challenge for a future round would be:
Make an exciting Transport Ride Layout

Colossus

Giga Poster
Thanks for your vote Neal.

You see the whole basing a terrain coaster off where you live thing is a cool idea, but not a functional one, it would be restrictive, I live in Norfolk, for those that don`t know, Norfolk is famed for tractors, lack of hills and incest, so not really much to go on lol.

That whole idea would be cool as a personal project though, and there`s no reason why an idea couldn't still be used if chose too as theming.

EDIT

So the votiing period for seedings in over and the results have been talleyed up and are in, just simply the numbers of rank for each person has been added up so lowest number is first highest is last.

I did do fancy chart showcasing this, but the site won`t let me upload it so here`s the much anticiipated results.

#1 - Colossus - 9 pts
#2 - Reddude333 - 13 pts
#3 - gopats - 26 pts
#4 - deathfearsnone - 27 pts
#5 - SoMuchWin - 38 pts
#6 - nealbie - - 43 pts
#7 - BBH - 46 pts
#8 - JammyBand - 57 pts
#9 - TheKingin64 - 65 pts
#10 - CoasterCrazy - 66 pts
#11 - Intrcks - 72 pts

So for the first round, Colossus, Reddude333, gopats, deathfearsnone and SoMuchWin will get a bye.

We will then have -

(#6) nealbie VS (#11) Intricks
(#7) BBH VS (#10) Coaster Crazy
(#8) JammyBand VS (#9) TheKingin64

Good Stuff :)

reddude333

Giga Poster
Exciting! As much as I would like to get into the competition right away, I am honored that you all voted me as second seed overall and I will still be very involved in the topics for each of the first round matches. Good luck to all and I look forward to seeing some really high quality entries.

Now I have to decide if I want to ship my comp back home with me for winter break so that I don't have to work with a crap computer for video editing etc. :-\

BBH

Giga Poster
I had a great floorless coaster going but ass, ass, colossal ass, it crashed the game.