What's new

CF RCT 3 World Championship Discussion

Colossus

Giga Poster
Okay so I have spoke to one or two of you guy`s privately, and know I`m going public with a pretty bold competition.

The CF RCT 3 World Championship, here`s what I`m thinking.

Three Round 8 man competition.

It will be a 1 vs 1 style knockout with seeded competitors, so 1 vs 8, 2, vs 7 etc so everybody's actually only competing against 1 other person per round instead of multiple people in our regular comps.

Winners advance to next round losers are out.

Each match up will have its own topic to to keep each match tidy.

I will host all the topics but as I will be competing, the rules and round specifications can be discussed by the competitors involved instead of one person deciding, the rules can even be decided between the competitors in each match up, so all 4 match ups could be completely different.

All rounds will be 100% public vote.

We need 8 competitors and all that I ask is that everybody is committed we cant have people drop out midway through the comp, or say they`ll enter and then don`t.

Once we have 8 competitors we will discuss the seeding.

If all goes well then round 1 could start early December.

Winner is the 2012 CF RCT 3 Champion.

So what are your thoughts and questions and who would potentially be interested in such a comp?

Competitors

Colossus
Reddude
gopats
Jammyband
BBH

Questionable

Portemime
scw55
Intricks
nealbie

reddude333

Giga Poster
Re: Potential CF RCT 3 World Championship.

No question I am in on this...and definitely for the long haul. I really enjoyed Mouse's competition a while back and I can tell this is a similar idea. I think you know I will be committed to sticking with it the whole way through...and hopefully land a medal spot. Glad you're organizing this so much ahead of time. You know how things go around here, haha.

I hope everyone who reads this and is a RCT3 fan will join in...who knows, if we (magically) manage to get more than 8 of us this could get pretty intense. The more the merrier!

scw55

Hyper Poster

I wish I could take part but I cannot guarantee participation as when I have a busy schedule, knowing that I have to play RCT3 instead of wanting to kills my enthusiasm to play it.
I will be an eager spectator however.

Perhaps I might steal some ideas from the competitors or round themes for my own casual projects :)

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Definitely in on this. My park is about to get some major coasters from this comp.

Colossus

Giga Poster

Reddude, glad to have you on board fella, I know you`ll put 110% into this.

Scw55 - Thats a shame if you cant enter, you have been entering comps all year and your level of work has vastly improved, you should be in it really. It won`t be difficult to stick too, you`ll only be facing 1 person at a time so you wont feel the need to build a 1 month project to defeat everybody. I respect your honesty, but this is just something I think you should be part off.

gopats, Glad you`re in, loving the enthusiasm.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Im debating on this. Part of me wants to enter now that Ive gotten all the loose screws fixed, but a part of me also realizes that at some point Im not going to be able to participate due to other priorities.

Im in so long as this doesnt take longer than a few months.

reddude333

Giga Poster

^Part of me wants you to enter...

^^^^ And the other part of me wants you, scw55, to enter.

But I understand if you can't as RCT3 is not the only thing in our lives ;-)

Colossus

Giga Poster

Intricks said:
Im in so long as this doesnt take longer than a few months.

I won`t take that long, I`m thinking start in late November early December and end mid January if that would be okay with you?

scw55

Hyper Poster

I'll let you know if my thoughts change. Who knows, maybe actually having a job might give me more time.

BBH

Giga Poster

Put me on the waiting list... I'm not sure if I can do it but I'll try to get in if I can.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^^ That is actually perfect for me. Only thing that would hinder me at that point would be my second job, but Im only working 4 days a week there.

JammyBand

Roller Poster

Count me in. I know I haven't taken part in a lot lately, but I really want to get back into RCT3. Sounds like a fantastic idea so I will be very happy to take part!

reddude333

Giga Poster

Glad to have both of you in on the fun. If you know any members who might be interested, let them know as well!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

Put me down as a Maybe. The thing with me is I do only get on RCT3 every other weekend with daytripspacked into those weekends. It basically means I have hardly time on RCT3 and I may miss some deadlines.

If the deadlines are long enough, I will do it.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

As I said before, it is a (damn) great idea. Unfortunately I'll be ultra very busy this year so I won't able to take part at all.

Good luck all :)