What's new

CF RCT 3 World Championship Discussion

JammyBand

Roller Poster
Re: Potential CF RCT 3 World Championship.

^ Oh, I see now. I now see how 8 people works quite well for this competition. However, I still believe that we should try to include CoasterCrazy if we can.

Thanks BHH! :--D

-JammyBand

reddude333

Giga Poster

We could have the 8 and 9 seeds get an extra match...sort of like a challenge to get into the main competition. That happens a lot in sports like in NCAA basketball.

BBH

Giga Poster

reddude333 said:
We could have the 8 and 9 seeds get an extra match...sort of like a challenge to get into the main competition. That happens a lot in sports like in NCAA basketball.
Yes but then somebody would be left out and then another would get an extra round of competition.

Maybe work out a bye system?

Colossus

Giga Poster

Right well we have 10 competitors, we`ll definitely let TheKingin63 and Coastercrazy in, the more the better. :)

So we have

Colossus
Reddude333
gppats
JammyBand
BBH
SoMuchWin
Intricks
deathfearsnone
TheKingin64
Coastercrazy

So lets hurry up and do the ranking then we can proceed with 1 of 2 options.

Option 1 - Seeds 8, 9 and 10 face-off in a 3 way preliminary round for the last spot, like Reddude suggested.

Option 2 - Round 1 would see ranks 1 to 6 having a bye with 7 vs 10 and 8 vs 9

both ways cut the field from 10 to 8, resulting in a standard knockout from there.

Lets get this resolved now as we are clearly going to need an extra round.

Colossus

Giga Poster

Cool, there`s 10 of us, so first option to reach 5 will be the option that we`re going with.

I`m choosing option 2 also.

Also can we post our suggestions for seeding, I`ll take the plunge first.

! - Colossus - I`m only putting myself here because I have a 1 - 0 lead on Derek on the year, other than that I think we`re pretty inseparable.
2 - Reddude
3 - deathfearsnone - Your work looks amazing from the pictures you have shared with us, but we don`t know what your like under competition rules.
4 - gopats
5 - SoMuchWin
6 - BBH
7 - TheKingin64
8 - Jammyband
9 - Coastercrazy
10 - Intricks - This is only because I haven't seen any of your work.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Do you still want me to post pics of my past work?

My seedings are very similar to yours, Colossus:
1. Colossus
2. deathfearsnone
3. reddude
4. gopats
5. SoMuchWin
6. BBH
7. JammyBand
8. TheKingin64
9. Intricks
10. Coastercrazy

reddude333

Giga Poster
Option 2 sounds good to me.

As for seedings:

Pretty much the same as you Nick with the exception of me being on top because...I just feel like mixing it up, haha, not to mention the late-entry deduction was the only thing that kept me from winning. Plus, I think you will win the popular vote so I'm just going for the electoral college ;-) Also, deathfearsnone, probably would actually put you right on top but for the same reasons as Colossus I don't know how your stuff with hold up with less time and more restrictions.

1- Reddude333
2 - Colossus
3 - deathfearsnone
4 - gopats
5 - SoMuchWin
6 - BBH
7 - Coastercrazy
8 - Jammyband
9 - TheKingin64
10 - Intricks

Hey Intricks, nothing against you from me either. If you deserve better than 10th seed, we will find out soon enough :)

Intricks

Strata Poster
Mah mah~

Its ok. I dont have anything beyong Quarry Surfer to showcase, and Im still finishing that up :lol:

I had a wooden coaster built in a custom made scenario, but it seems as though the game decided to forget it ever existed (the scenario). The file is still on the computer, so there is some hope.

I will post some pictures tonight though.

JammyBand

Roller Poster
^You have missed number 4 (only have 9 on your list!)
I'm glad this is beginning to get on. Should be very exciting!

1) Reddude333
2) Colossus
3) Deathfearsnone
4) BHH
5) SoMuchWin
6) Coastercrazy
7) JammyBand
8) Nealbie
9) Intricks
10) TheKingin64

This is just a very rough 'guess' about the areas I think people are. TBH, I don't really know for sure as I haven't kept up to date with recent competitions.

reddude333

Giga Poster
^Thanks for catching that...but now I realize you are missing gopats.

And I feel bad about Nealbie not being on the list...hopefully Colossus can smooth that over and I will see where to fit you in my rankings.

Colossus

Giga Poster
nealbie said:
Um..... Hello? I appear not to be on this list! =(

Hey dude, you said ages ago that you where questionable to enter, if you would like in then that would be no problem.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Okay so with nealbie in, we have 11, which is magnificent, this is going to be a really fun emmersive competition with so many competitors involved :)

Right so we need to work Neal into to set up.

We can either.

A. Wait for a 12th man, then we can have seeds 1 to 4 on bye with 5 vs 12 - 6 vs 11 - 7 - 10 and 8 - 9

B. We can have seeds 1 to 5 on bye then have 6 vs 11 - 7 vs 10 and 8 vs 9

I`m taking B as I`m not sure who we can get on board quick enough.

Here`s my revised list with Neal on board.

! - Colossus
2 - Reddude
3 - deathfearsnone
4 - gopats
5 - SoMuchWin
6 - BBH
7 - nealbie
8 - TheKingin64
9 - Jammyband
10 - Coastercrazy
11 - Intricks

So Monday the 19th is the day that that this part of the planning ends, so lets get our game type votes and seeding`s in so we can progress to the next stage of the comp.
We can spend the 19th/25th discussing the first round stipulations with the first round commencing on Monday the 26th of November.

deathfearsnone

Roller Poster
Well it matters what kind of rules how many rounds etc for this contest for me now. Going into the busy season for my job. I'll be on 6 to 7 days of work a week until after january.

Colossus

Giga Poster
^ Yeah same here fella, well by the looks of things you`ll receive a first round bye.

I`m thinking each round will last about 3 weeks, with 2 for creating and one for voting and, but this is negotiable if thats not convenient for people.

But lets just say for arguments sake we don`t change it, you wouldn't have to start work until, 17th of December.

This is how it could potentially go,

Round 1
26th Nov - 9th Dec

Round 1 Voting
10th Dec - 16th Dec

Quarter Finals
17th Dec - 30th Dec

Quarter Final Voting
31st Dec - 6th Jan

Semi Final
7th Jan - 20th Jan

Semi Final Voting
21st Jan - 27th Jan

Final
28th Jan - 10th Feb

Would this be okay for you? All I could really do is I could probably start the whole process 1 week earlier.
:s

Intricks

Strata Poster
That would work fine with me. Back to mainly weekends at the 2nd job, so I should have no issues!

Also, some work I've done:

outlawl.jpg

bobsleds.jpg

cliffdiver.jpg

cliffdiver2.jpg

No CS was used for these. Hope these help give you an idea of what building skills I do have (as well as some basic landscaping).

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Here's some of my work. Of course, if you want to see more, look at my project threads and my Flickr (link somewhere in the Orchard Farms topic). Let it be noted that none of this reflects what my current style is as far as paths and supportwork goes. Its called past work for a reason.

Shot0012edit.jpg

Shot0005.jpg

Shot0000.jpg

Shot0028.jpg

Also, please insert nealbie between SoMuchWin and BBH on my rankings. Everyone else is moved down one spot.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Hey I like the scheduling, except for one thing: the championship round should be longer because of the extra oomph needed to get to the top spot. People will need more time getting a beautiful masterpiece out to us. Maybe one more week for creation in that round?