What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Every enthusiast right now...
Looking at how the cross supports are headed after the track, it would appear to be headed for an outside bank or barrel roll headed down off that turn.

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
*Casually gets back on to check progress on Mean Streak*
"Huh wonder why everyone is saying Oh my god... holy **** THAT is sexy."

Snoo

The Legend
My big question on this will be how they will develop the entire layout. Will it be short and sweet and packing a punch like their newer creations, the best creations IMO, or will they make them too long and drawn out and ruin the experience (Wicked Cyclone, Twisted Colossus, Texas Giant). Being that they now have experience, I hope they pack a punch but if they draw it out, it won't be as good.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Beyond the first drop (which will probably break the 200 ft. plane), other heights don't really matter - what's more important is how the elements feel and ride. :)

codeman94

Mega Poster
I'm just trying to get a general idea on the height scale of the ride. Since this is the highest hill we've seen topped off, we can start to more accurately speculate on the first hill. Lets just say it went from 123 to 150... that's about 22% higher. If the first hill gets the same scale, 161 gets 22% higher, that gets to 196. Someone needs to get either a new side-by-side comparison, or maybe a layered translucent comparison done of this turn, stat!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I know folks have been creating those kind of triangulations; though it's tough when you only have a photo or two to go off of. The thing to pay closest attention to is where new wood is being added (you can tell through lighter wood color, such as you can see on the lift hill photo from December) - that will indicate if there is added/reduced height.

Sythe

Mega Poster
My big question on this will be how they will develop the entire layout. Will it be short and sweet and packing a punch like their newer creations, the best creations IMO, or will they make them too long and drawn out and ruin the experience (Wicked Cyclone, Twisted Colossus, Texas Giant). Being that they now have experience, I hope they pack a punch but if they draw it out, it won't be as good.
How would a longer ride make is worse? As long as it still goes pretty fast at the end I'm sure it will be fine.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
How would a longer ride make is worse? As long as it still goes pretty fast at the end I'm sure it will be fine.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
That's the point, if it's longer, it tends to meander more. It's not packing as much of a punch as some of the smaller ones that keep their speed and hit the brakes too fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ To give some context (and plug one of tomahawk's videos!), from timestamp 1:25 to the brake run - the train carries relative speed, but does not feature any negative or positive g-force in the following airtime hills.