What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
Re: Mean Streak Removal - What's Next?

VonRoll23 said:
Ben said:
^Because it's the logical thing?

Rather than a week after Mean Streak has closed omg they're ripping it down already for 2018.

Just, no. Everyone calm your tits and look what's logical and maybe, just maybe, have some patience.

I've been doing this too long to **** myself over a crane. Hold out for actual, you know, something.
I'm curious as to why you think it's logical for RMC to come all the way from Idaho to help Cedar Point construct a water park (that construction has already started on btw, they obviously found a company before RMC got there). Why would they park the crane at the maintenance shop.. and the very next day go right for Mean Streak's infield and then go help tear down the golf course and rip cord with a company that is already there? They aren't even ready to have slides on site yet.

Pretty certain RMC helped with those waterparks out of the convenience of location.

Kind of hard to "look at what's logical" when somebody thinks that RMC is at Cedar Point to help construct a waterpark which absolutely blows my mind.

But at the same time, why do YOU think it's logical that RMC would turn up this early to build a ride for 2018?

Dave

CF Legend

kp3q0cK.gif

VonRoll23

Roller Poster

TommyAlex said:
VonRoll23 said:
Ben said:
^Because it's the logical thing?

Rather than a week after Mean Streak has closed omg they're ripping it down already for 2018.

Just, no. Everyone calm your tits and look what's logical and maybe, just maybe, have some patience.

I've been doing this too long to **** myself over a crane. Hold out for actual, you know, something.
I'm curious as to why you think it's logical for RMC to come all the way from Idaho to help Cedar Point construct a water park (that construction has already started on btw, they obviously found a company before RMC got there). Why would they park the crane at the maintenance shop.. and the very next day go right for Mean Streak's infield and then go help tear down the golf course and rip cord with a company that is already there? They aren't even ready to have slides on site yet.

Pretty certain RMC helped with those waterparks out of the convenience of location.

Kind of hard to "look at what's logical" when somebody thinks that RMC is at Cedar Point to help construct a waterpark which absolutely blows my mind.

But at the same time, why do YOU think it's logical that RMC would turn up this early to build a ride for 2018?
Who said it would be 2018?

If they are here this early it's obviously because it's either going to:
A) take a whole season to complete (2018)
OR
B) It's going to be opening next season

I'll say it again: If you think RMC is at the roller coaster capital of the world to construct water slides (a couple water slides at that), you are out of your mind.

Multiple RMC cranes are in Mean Streak's infield, why do people look so hard into things that the obvious becomes so difficult to see?

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Please make it topper rather than a horse. Also, I'd put money on it that they redo the lift and make it a hyper wooden, just this time it will work correctly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Edward M

Strata Poster

VonRoll23 said:
If they are here this early it's obviously because it's either going to:
A) take a whole season to complete (2018)
OR
B) It's going to be opening next season

Brilliant

Intricks

Strata Poster

Considering Cedar Point has been teasing the whole RMC Mean Streak since 2014 (the first known instance I distinctly remember is it being part of the checklist for Rougarou's teaser on Twitter), Im going to put this down as hyping up for the project, as well as possibly using them for the water slides construction for the water park.

The only reason I can see them teasing it as blatantly as they have been, and for how long it has been going on, is that maybe they will be doing something major in their re-visioning of Mean Streak and adding in elements RMC havent used before in the current projects (example being a regular loop, a cobra roll, a type of inversion theyve yet to twist oddly), as well as going bigger than what theyve done yet for an Iron Horse (its CP, the park full of "go big or go home" coasters with very few exceptions to this).

Regardless of whats going to eventually happen with Mean Streak, this will still most likely be a 2018 project.

Which will give me some time to save up and get the appropriate time off to use for a nice trip back East with the bf :3

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Okay, THAT explains the crane. I'd have thought they would wait until the park was properly closed, but apparently not!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Well, hot damn!

coasterfanman

Roller Poster

heres a video of the actual crane it is intact real not photo shopped https://www.you tube .com/watch?v=_wYdA7X2NXM you gotta fix the spaces bc it wouldn't let me put the actual link

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Track (and support) removal continues:

14485040_985020070387_5303176767499324182_n.jpg

14563393_985020180167_3947765108807552090_n.jpg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wYdA7X2NXM[/youtubevid]

There you go! Link fixed!

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster

I wonder if they'd consider using a truss structure to extend the height/drop similar to the ones found on Goliath and Wildfire.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

They've started removing the lift hill which I think is kinda weird if it's gonna be an RMC...

Intricks

Strata Poster

Not really. Thats where they started with Cyclone (100% certain) and Colossus (not entirely too sure). I think that may have been the start of NTG as well?

Not entirely too sure though as I never really followed that or IRat really >_>

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

They did start here for the other RMCs, but they left the supports. This is completely removing it!

Either they're going to use a steel lift structure like Goliath and Wildfire, or they're removing it all.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend

This is Cedar Point. You KNOW they'll want the tallest and fastest. Steel structure saves time and money and makes it much easier to maintain.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Gonna break 200 feet and with topper they can call it wooden, aka only hyper wooden coaster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk