What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Re: Mean Streak Removal - What's Next?

Or they could break the beasts record for height, speed and length and put in a vertical loop!

Lofty

CF Legend

^ Just. What?! Like, why 'put in a vertical loop', why does that come to your mind straight away?! :lol:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

To put things in perspective on what it would take to have the tallest, fastest wooden coaster (which I have hashed out before):

The speed record currently sits at 73 MPH with Lightning Rod, height record 197 with Colossus. However, considering the structure they have to begin with for Mean Streak (65 MPH, 161 ft.), it would not be too difficult to tag on 40 ft. for a more aggressive first hill while squeaking out 8+ more MPH.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Lift hill removal continues as well - we are just past the turnaround section. Wild seeing this come down.

dsc00017_orig.jpg

DeathEater91

Roller Poster

When removing wooden coasters, do they typically just demolish the lift hill all at once or piece by piece? I remember Son Of Beast's lift hill was demolished.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

DeathEater91 said:
When removing wooden coasters, do they typically just demolish the lift hill all at once or piece by piece? I remember Son Of Beast's lift hill was demolished.
If it's an RMC, they do. Otherwise, wrecking ball.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Are you sure that's not a photoshop? ;)

So as we suspected all along, the dream is finally happening! Can't believe they managed to get the first ledgers in so quickly! It almost tempts me into thinking this is a 2017 project, but that really would be an incredible turnaround (hopefully not the only one on this ride...). It's more likely this will simply be an absolute gargantuan project - if you look at the distance and the elevation between the last two ledgers, I think we're definitely looking at an extension of the lift height. Looks like CP are trying to make the best coaster in the world (again).

Let's not forget, the ledgers aren't just exclusive to Iron horses. We could well be looking at a fully wooden, topper track conversion, which considering an IBox would leave the self-professed 'roller coaster capital of the world' with a single woodie from 1964. In terms of creating a new experience for the park, topper track would definitely be the way to go!

Either way, we're in for an absolute treat. I so badly need to go ride one of these sex machines!

DeathEater91

Roller Poster

Is 2017 realistic? They don't have to tear down any supports do they? From what I recall the GCI Ghost Rider conversion didn't take a year, did it?

tomahawk

Strata Poster

GhostRider was down for 9 months, but that was just a retrack, this is a different animal.

But clearly RMC are only there to deconstruct challenge park. Clearly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

tomahawk said:
GhostRider was down for 9 months, but that was just a retrack, this is a different animal.

But clearly RMC are only there to deconstruct challenge park. Clearly.

But they also construct water parks. The ledgers are Slide Supports. No doubt about it. The Mean Streak stuff is all Photoshop.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

This is a crazy idea, but what if they completely demolish the lift hill and put a flat launch there?

tomahawk

Strata Poster

ATI said:
This is a crazy idea, but what if they completely demolish the lift hill and put a flat launch there?
Then the lift hill would be gone, not strategically removed in some places.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I'm glad this is happening, but wow. They seriously went with the I Box. They missed a HUGE chance to go for a Hyper Woodie

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk