What's new

Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Thumbs up on STR, it was a fun flume ride that did exactly as advertised. I got to ride it 5 times in a row before park closing, and was thoroughly drenched after the second ride.

If you can, try to land the front seat, definitely the best seat!

The Deadman

Mega Poster
some news from Screamscape, sorry if its been posted

(7/7/10) Screamscape sources tell us that we may see more new wood coasters built at a Cedar Fair parks in the next few years. So far the results have been good and with the rising cost of steel in the world marketplace, they are looking more attractive than ever.

Thrill Ride - Semi-Confirmed - (7/7/10) The latest rumors about Cedar Point’s next big project claim it will be a coaster from Intamin once again… despite all the various technical problems The Point has had with rides from them. According to another source, this new Intamin creation may be a new prototype creation we haven’t seen anywhere else before. Stay Tuned!

The Deadman

Mega Poster
some news from Screamscape, sorry if its been posted

(7/7/10) Screamscape sources tell us that we may see more new wood coasters built at a Cedar Fair parks in the next few years. So far the results have been good and with the rising cost of steel in the world marketplace, they are looking more attractive than ever.

Thrill Ride - Semi-Confirmed - (7/7/10) The latest rumors about Cedar Point’s next big project claim it will be a coaster from Intamin once again… despite all the various technical problems The Point has had with rides from them. According to another source, this new Intamin creation may be a new prototype creation we haven’t seen anywhere else before. Stay Tuned!

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
Dick has dropped a hint for the new ride! Oh, so exciting! :lol:
It's going to bring back a lot of memories for people that follow Cedar Point.
http://www.sanduskyregister.com/sandusk ... hrill-ride

Screamscape:
Thrill Ride - Semi-Confirmed - (7/9/10) According to this article the announcement for the 2011 attraction will take place in mid August. Dick Kinzel has hinted that, “It's going to bring back a lot of memories for people that follow Cedar Point”. Makes it sound like a throw-back ride… or a recreation of something popular long ago but lost. While one source tell us that it may actually be a flat ride coming to the park, it was also pointed out that The Point has seen a fair share of wooden coaster come and go over the years… 8 in fact according to RCDB. With our last leak claiming that Cedar Fair was looking more favorable at building new wooden coasters again… could this be a possibility? Certainly the early announcement date also seems to indicate that work on the project may become visible before the end of the season as well. More as we find out.
(7/7/10) The latest rumors about Cedar Point’s next big project claim it will be a coaster from Intamin once again… despite all the various technical problems The Point has had with rides from them. According to another source, this new Intamin creation may be a new prototype creation we haven’t seen anywhere else before. Stay Tuned!

An Intamin Plug&Play?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
"Mysterious markers" have been spotted on the beach and around Ocean Motion.

Also for those keeping count, Shoot the Rapids was the last ride for Cedar Point's Intamin contract. I would imagine CP does not want business with Intamin anytime soon after the STR debacle... and TTD... and WT... and MF... :roll:

The rumor I'd stick with is that of Cedar Fair building more GCI coasters, especially given their inexpensive cost compared to steel.

But we will have to wait until the mid-August announcement to see.

My prediction: GCI coaster tributed somehow to the old Cyclone coaster on the beach, and relocating Ocean Motion to Demon Drop's old spot to create more room for a layout.

Called it!

vermilionguy

Roller Poster
The thing that is troubling me is that Dick Kinzel has now said it twice that "All thrill rides aren't coasters." I don't want another flat ride or "thrill ride" I want a new f'n coaster. The second time he added, "It's going to be something that I think the teen market is really going to like." WTF does that mean?

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
The thing that is troubling me is that Dick Kinzel has now said it twice that "All thrill rides aren't coasters." I don't want another flat ride or "thrill ride" I want a new f'n coaster.
I really wouldn't care if it turned out to be a thrill ride, witch there there is a high possibility it wont be one. CP needs more quality thrill rides. They're a little top heavy on the coaster side. That's why Shoot the Rapids was such a great addition. It filled the gap that White Water Landing left and provided a nice family ride.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I'd say CP is on par with quality thrill rides, especially after back to back additions of maXair and Skyhawk.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I hope it's a flat ride simply because at least then it won't be at risk of one train operation during invisible rain and there will be something else to ride.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It won't be a roller coaster as Cedar Point has a distinct difference in discussing "Thrill rides" vs. "Roller coasters."