What's new

Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

A

Anonymous

I don't think that all the "big cock up's" that you are talking about are due to Intamin alone, since it's RC Stengel that were behind it, and Intamin build Maverick to their design...
Same thing would probably be applicable on I305 (if Stengel were involved).

Ben

CF Legend
I think Snoo maybe meant to say there hasn't been an Intamin at CP that has NOT had a cock-up, as opposed to this is the first? But, typed it wrong and hasn't noticed? Or he's just lame.

TTD? Sprayed people with cables, the whole theming falling off thing.
Wicked Twister? The whole "might fall over, put on some extra supports" thing.
Maverick? Obvious.
And Millennium must have had SOMETHING wrong with it :p Wasn't there a cable hanging from it a while ago? That's not good.
Was there anything wrong with Disaster Transport? Other than being awful I mean?

Snoo

The Legend
Ben said:
I think Snoo maybe meant to say there hasn't been an Intamin at CP that has NOT had a cock-up, as opposed to this is the first? But, typed it wrong and hasn't noticed? Or he's just lame.

TTD? Sprayed people with cables, the whole theming falling off thing.
Wicked Twister? The whole "might fall over, put on some extra supports" thing.
Maverick? Obvious.
And Millennium must have had SOMETHING wrong with it :p Wasn't there a cable hanging from it a while ago? That's not good.
Was there anything wrong with Disaster Transport? Other than being awful I mean?

I think all of the above.. :lol:

TTD's cable fray wasn't really a cock up I was talking about. I'd say the MASSIVE amounts of downtime in it's first 3 years due to the fact that it was a new type (as in speed/height) and the fact the trains (which might not have been intamins fault) had to be changed, redesigned, this that and the other thing.

WT.. agreed.

DT.. actually.. I agree.. I don't remember anything wrong with it.. asides the terrible thing.

Mav.. yep

MF.. well, off the top of my head, I can't think of many problems.. I remember the cable snapping twice.. which might or might not be their fault.. but lets blame them for the fun of it.. :lol:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I do remember Millennium Force having quite a lot of problems with the catch car aligning properly when I first rode it, so let's add that to the list.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
MF.. well, off the top of my head, I can't think of many problems.. I remember the cable snapping twice.. which might or might not be their fault.. but lets blame them for the fun of it..
Well, Intamin rides do have a bad track record for cable snaps. Maybe the retards at park maintenance just need a more detailed ride manual. :roll:

Error

Strata Poster
F.A.S.T. said:
MF.. well, off the top of my head, I can't think of many problems.. I remember the cable snapping twice.. which might or might not be their fault.. but lets blame them for the fun of it..
Well, Intamin rides do have a bad track record for cable snaps. Maybe the retards at park maintenance just need a more detailed ride manual. :roll:

Personally knowing some of the maintenance guys...I'm actually very shocked worse things haven't happened.

Intamin tries to do new things with new tech. The problem is...they try too big on brand new things (see TTD for launch). So, it's really their fault for not thinking through with it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Ben said:
Disaster Transport's opened with massive downtime as well with trouble over the trains properly fitting in the trough.

The only attraction Intamin got right at Cedar Point was Jr. Gemini. :roll:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Win!

Two friends were able to ride STR during an employee ride night before the boats were deemed too awesome for the general public; they said the ride was pretty fun though excessive floating around lead to boredom on the back portion. Apparently the second hill had massive water splashing aboard, which may have been reason for the problem with the shape and size of the boats.

Either way, Sandusky, Ohio is entering those hot and humid summer days, and Cedar Point still doesn't have a working log flume.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Oh! And to feed the Falfas/Kinzel gossip, a chat with inside sources spoke of a rumor that something illegal went down inside Cedar Fair, which is why Falfas got flustered and left, with a potential lawsuit in the works for Cedar Fair.

Juicy!

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
Hyde244 said:
Oh! And to feed the Falfas/Kinzel gossip, a chat with inside sources spoke of a rumor that something illegal went down inside Cedar Fair, which is why Falfas got flustered and left, with a potential lawsuit in the works for Cedar Fair.

Juicy!

Oh, dang that is juicy!
It was pretty abrupt when he left. We still haven't gotten an official press release.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ And we most likely won't. The first person to talk would be Falfas, and if things really were as heated as the rumors say, I wouldn't expect him to talk soon.

Cedar Fair will most likely say Falfas left for "personal reasons."

RCF

Strata Poster
The OFFICIAL Cedar Point Facebook page confirmed that STR is opening this Saturday, June 26th.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
And I'm in town! Woo!

Hopefully I will be able to swing by tomorrow and hop a ride. Actually, while I'm at it, I can FINALLY ride Thunder Canyon and Snake River Falls!