What's new

Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

Thom25

Roller Poster
As much as I'd love to see them recapture that title, given their cash position, I just don't see it happening. Tallest is big bucks. Fastest though is possible, but again, expensive.

Maybe the worlds tallest and fastest 4d?

X2 is 175 feet, so maybe a 200 foot ZacSpin, with a custom lay-out and big first drop? Time will tell.

Thom25

Roller Poster
Good point, but that was before the buy-out fell through. During that announcement they did say they were going to focus on debt reduction, so I just don't see them spending $20+ million, when a ZacSpin could be installed for under $5 million.

Snoo

The Legend
Oo of course. It really does make sense, even more so when you look at what is going on around the industry. Asides the two big investments at KD and Caro, nothing is really happening in terms of major single ride investment (themed areas/parks not counted of course).

RCF

Strata Poster
Kinda relevant. If Cedar Point is indeed putting in a coaster, they will still hold the record for most because Mr. Six's Dance Coaster is delayed until 2011. So SFMM may not get to tie.

RCF

Strata Poster
Sorry about the DP, but Shoot the Rapids has once again been delayed, however here is a video of the ride testing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te3Q3sx6GdU[/youtube]

A

Anonymous

I was just at the Point yesterday and testing was going very well with STR, so it will probably be opened in a week or two. The ride looks fantastic as well!

A

Anonymous

East Coast(er) General said:
coasterboy said:
Well, here goes for another topic involving Aquatrax's. As usual...
Defenitly sounds like a coaster. '07 was the last one, and usually every 3-4 years comes a new coaster.

Snoo

The Legend
Two things Sgt..

1. Edit your post if you have something to add, don't just add another.. ;)
2. Just because their is a trend in adding coasters doesn't mean that will continue.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Alright, a fun update on STR.

I stopped by the park today on my way back down to Cincy, and noticed ride ops test riding STR. Tony and Tyler were also shooting a podcast where they too were riding, so things should be gearing up for an opening very shortly.

ALSO, fun fact, the mister in STR's first tunnel is the same mister that was used for Maverick's launch tunnel. As some may remember, the mist feature was removed on Maverick for safety issues. Let's hear it for recycling!

Snoo

The Legend
I wonder how long before they take it out this time. Lasted about what.. 30 minutes of use on Maverick?

Hell, even YOU missed out Matt, and you were one of the first people on it.. lol.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Haha, well hopefully that since this is a water ride, having a mister won't hurt!

That's true, I did miss the mister. I think the official count was 2 days on that baby.

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Still down.... Just went to CP yesterday and today.

35559_1357511570869_1023892647_30860964_7227773_n.jpg

As you can see, the flume is now completely drained...

Here is the entrance aswell:

35871_1357955141958_1023892647_30861785_3973245_n.jpg

Snoo

The Legend
There actually hasn't been an Intamin mess up at CP since Jr. Gemini.. which might have had probs anyway.. :lol:

pkiknex25

Mega Poster
marc said:
Another Intamin mess up, 3 new high profile rides in 2010 and 3 cock ups.

Intimidator 305
Thirteen
Shoot the Rapids

Are we gonna be counting Formula Rossa in a few months?

And yes, I would count Maverick's roll as a mess up.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
How can somebody not consider Maverick's heartline roll a cock up? The fact that some engineer somewhere approved a faulty design is a mistake...and he should be fired, but that same engineer probably approved I305, Thirteen, and this.

At least they're doing this right though. They could have just opened the ride and broke it like they did with Skyhawk.