What's new

Carowinds | Fury 325 | B&M Giga Coaster

coaster addict

Mega Poster
It was a nice surprise at the event yesterday...

here is the video we shot of the unveiling!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQitBtil7k0[/youtube]

coaster addict

Mega Poster
We were very fortunate to take in this great Fury 325 Tour (led by Mike Fehnel and Steve Jackson). Here is 32 minutes of footage for those interested!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ageiUfQvB9Q[/youtube]

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Looks like they are placing what should be the second to last piece!

camera1.jpg

I305Evan

Roller Poster
They lifted the last piece into place earlier making sure it fit. They lowered it back down soon after. It'll be installed completely with all of the media around watching at the end of the week.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Carowinds posted the engineering drawings for the sign on their social media today. Looks totally awesome if I do say so myself!

10919019_10153081452318599_3922287226191348067_n.png

Source: https://www.facebook.com/carowindspark (Hope I did that right...))

Something worth noting on this is the note about lighting on the bottom. They plan to put an "animated light source" on the wings, eyes, and space between the honeycomb hexagons. Should be absolutely awesome if it's anything like they did with the Banshee sign! I'd love to see green light make this sign surge with energy. :)

Another note on branding I was thinking of: I feel like this ride has the potential for a really cool gift shop. Put honeycomb print on the walls, stick merchandise on the floor, and against the walls they could have grey cabinets. On top of those cabinets they could have actual hornets' nests (I've seen restaurants and such decorate with them, they can be brought inside and preserved) with green light shining on them. If it's anything like Banshee's it'll be amazing! :D

tribar

Mega Poster
Re: Carowinds | Fury 325 | B&M Giga Coaster

Hyde said:
Looks like they are placing what should be the second to last piece!

camera1.jpg

Wow what a great picture. I can clearly tell exactly what is going on in it.

KoasterEv

Roller Poster
Looks really good. Love the color scheme on both the train and the track. The restraints are supposed to "look scary". The open feeling on B&M trains is half the exciting part. :p

elephant58

Hyper Poster
^I'm sure they are supposed to be exciting - clearly being almost 100m in the air with all of your upper body free is what makes it exciting!

The trains look a bit bare in my opinion, as I was expecting a logo on the front, or whatever. Do you think they might add them later?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
elephant58 said:
The trains look a bit bare in my opinion, as I was expecting a logo on the front, or whatever. Do you think they might add them later?
In that picture from twitter the reflections make it quite hard to work out if they've got some sort of vinyl wrap on the nose of the train, so I guess it might have it already applied.

I feel like it's the kind of thing that would be much easier to do in a factory than on site...